• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I'm a newbie in SF.
I try to create a simple application with some objects such as Employee, Contract, Payslip, Insurance History, Asset, Asset History.
Previously, I successfully insert Insurance History object in the Contract trigger (when new contract is created or updated). 
Now I would like to do similar thing - inserting Asset History object in the Asset trigger (when Asset is created or updated). 
However, the insertion of Asset History object does not work.

My observation is as follows:
- From Asset trigger
    --> cannot insert Asset History object
    --> can insert Insurance History object

- From Payslip trigger or Contract trigger
    --> cannot insert Asset object and Asset History object

Is there any difference between Asset/Asset History object and other objects?
Or is there any difference between Asset/Asset History trigger and object objects' trigger?
Could you please give me some advice?

Thanks,
Mi Nguyen.
Hi guys,

I'm a newbie in salesforce.
I try to create 2 applications. The first application contains the Staff object, the second application contains the Asset object.
I created one more object named Asset History (ID is auto number).
I created a trigger on Asset object to add Asset History  data whenever Asset information is changed. However, no Asset History record is created. 
When I try to add Asset History record by clicking New button, the data is created and ID of new data is increased.

I guess that Asset History record was created an then deleted, but I don't understand the root cause of this issue.
Can anyone give me some hints?
Thanks.

Hi,

I'm a newbie in SF.
I try to create a simple application with some objects such as Employee, Contract, Payslip, Insurance History, Asset, Asset History.
Previously, I successfully insert Insurance History object in the Contract trigger (when new contract is created or updated). 
Now I would like to do similar thing - inserting Asset History object in the Asset trigger (when Asset is created or updated). 
However, the insertion of Asset History object does not work.

My observation is as follows:
- From Asset trigger
    --> cannot insert Asset History object
    --> can insert Insurance History object

- From Payslip trigger or Contract trigger
    --> cannot insert Asset object and Asset History object

Is there any difference between Asset/Asset History object and other objects?
Or is there any difference between Asset/Asset History trigger and object objects' trigger?
Could you please give me some advice?

Thanks,
Mi Nguyen.
Hi guys,

I'm a newbie in salesforce.
I try to create 2 applications. The first application contains the Staff object, the second application contains the Asset object.
I created one more object named Asset History (ID is auto number).
I created a trigger on Asset object to add Asset History  data whenever Asset information is changed. However, no Asset History record is created. 
When I try to add Asset History record by clicking New button, the data is created and ID of new data is increased.

I guess that Asset History record was created an then deleted, but I don't understand the root cause of this issue.
Can anyone give me some hints?
Thanks.