• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have an opportunity page layout with over 200 fields.  We're looking to place the sections on the layout into seperate tabs so it's easier to navigate. In Salesforce Classic we would have created a Visualforce page with tabs to display it.  Now that we're moving to Lightning, I am not sure which way we need to go.  I think need to create a Visualforce page and give it the Lightning look and fell. Is this correct or should we be creating components for each tab?
  • February 23, 2017
I am not sure of the best way to split a very long opportunity page layout to a tabbed paged layout using Lightning.  I think we can create custom components and place them on the tabs or place vf pages on the tabs.  Are there any pros/cons?
  • February 23, 2017
We have users who need to view and update all records but should not be allowed to delete them.  It looks like the only way to do this is by using a before delete trigger.  We created the trigger and used an @future method to log what the user was trying to delete. The problem that we are running into is when we use the add.error to let the user know that they are not allowed to delete the record, it appears that the add.error stops the code from running the @future method.  

Any idea how to get around this?
  • February 18, 2016
I am trying to find the best approach to find out if an Opportunity Line Item is a 'duplicate' based on the Product Name on the line item as well as a few fields on the Opportunity record itself, maybe Client Name, Business Unit and Sales Stage.

My thoughts are to use an after insert trigger to determine which fields need to be grabbed to 'lookup' exsiting opportunities and opportunity line items that might be duplicates, but I am stuck on how to do the code and then bulkify the code.  What type of collections(s) should the key fields be placed in so that we can query the database to look for potential duplicates?  If this is not the correct approach, please let me know.

Any suggestions?

• October 06, 2015
Is it possible to view all of the fields that are enabled for history tracking using Workbemch?
  • July 31, 2015
I just finished the Modifying Page Layouts module and when I tried to check the challenge, I received the error below.  Any suggestions?

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: GYYHRFTM
  • March 18, 2015
I think there is still a bug..  I setup the following

To pass this challenge, create a custom button which opens a link to 'http://google.com/#q={CONTACTNAME}' - where {CONTACTNAME} is the current contact's name. Then add this button to the default 'Contact Layout'.The custom button must be named 'Google Link'.
The custom button must be added to the 'Contact Layout' page layout.

Here's the error

There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: HCBTLFOA

Any suggestions?
  • March 18, 2015
I am new to apex and I can't get my code to work.  When a new record is inserted, any existing records should have the Current__c field cleared. This seems to be working.

I also want to udpdate other existing records when a existing record is updated. So if a user checks the Current field, clear the Current field on the other records. What am I doing wrong here?

trigger UpdateCurrent on Risk_Assessment__c (before insert,before update) {

List<Risk_Assessment__c> riskList = new List<Risk_Assessment__c>();

Set<Id> setAccIds=new Set<Id>();

if (Trigger.isInsert) {
        For(Risk_Assessment__c riskObj : trigger.new){
            if(riskObj.Current__c){
              setAccIds.add(riskObj.Account__c);
            }        
        }
}

List<Risk_Assessment__c> Risks = [SELECT Id, Name, Account__c,Current__c FROM Risk_Assessment__c where Account__c In :setAccIds];

// For loop to iterate through all the queried Account records
for(Risk_Assessment__c risk: Risks){
 if(risk.Current__c == True)
        risk.Current__c = False;
        riskList.add(risk);
}
update riskList;

}

• March 14, 2015
We have an opportunity page layout with over 200 fields.  We're looking to place the sections on the layout into seperate tabs so it's easier to navigate. In Salesforce Classic we would have created a Visualforce page with tabs to display it.  Now that we're moving to Lightning, I am not sure which way we need to go.  I think need to create a Visualforce page and give it the Lightning look and fell. Is this correct or should we be creating components for each tab?
  • February 23, 2017
I just finished the Modifying Page Layouts module and when I tried to check the challenge, I received the error below.  Any suggestions?

There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: GYYHRFTM
  • March 18, 2015
I think there is still a bug..  I setup the following

To pass this challenge, create a custom button which opens a link to 'http://google.com/#q={CONTACTNAME}' - where {CONTACTNAME} is the current contact's name. Then add this button to the default 'Contact Layout'.The custom button must be named 'Google Link'.
The custom button must be added to the 'Contact Layout' page layout.

Here's the error

There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: HCBTLFOA

Any suggestions?
  • March 18, 2015
I am new to apex and I can't get my code to work.  When a new record is inserted, any existing records should have the Current__c field cleared. This seems to be working.

I also want to udpdate other existing records when a existing record is updated. So if a user checks the Current field, clear the Current field on the other records. What am I doing wrong here?

trigger UpdateCurrent on Risk_Assessment__c (before insert,before update) {

List<Risk_Assessment__c> riskList = new List<Risk_Assessment__c>();

Set<Id> setAccIds=new Set<Id>();

if (Trigger.isInsert) {
        For(Risk_Assessment__c riskObj : trigger.new){
            if(riskObj.Current__c){
              setAccIds.add(riskObj.Account__c);
            }        
        }
}

List<Risk_Assessment__c> Risks = [SELECT Id, Name, Account__c,Current__c FROM Risk_Assessment__c where Account__c In :setAccIds];

// For loop to iterate through all the queried Account records
for(Risk_Assessment__c risk: Risks){
 if(risk.Current__c == True)
        risk.Current__c = False;
        riskList.add(risk);
}
update riskList;

}

• March 14, 2015