• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
If an installed managed package is deployed from sandbox to production what happens to post install script? Is it count as upgrade (context.isUpgrade) or the script never runs on production (maybe doesn't count as install since it's not actually installing in production)?

We have a postinstall script that do some stuff on only new install (!context.isUpgrade() && !context.isPush())

But it's not working when the package is installed in sandbox first and then deployed to production
Hello,
One of our customer is having this weird issue when they try to create new view in marketo sales insight page.
"The configuration of your org has changed, please reload the page. Missing dependent object: Field: Lead.SOME_FIELD"

That dependent object is the custom field in our managed package that we removed from our package almost 2 months ago. We don't know why marketo sales insight is dependent on our custom field. Any idea what could be causing this and what should we do to fix it?

Also one strange thing about the problem is according to the documents when we delete field from managed package it stays in customer's instance for 15 days(or until a customer delete them) and then deleted permanently. But It's been more than 15 days already & our deleted custom field is still visible/queryable in customer's instance(it says deprecated field). Any idea why it's not been deleted yet? We just thought that deleting the field permanently from SFDC and syncing the fields in marketo could maybe solve the "missing dependent object" problem.

Here's the 15 days thing,
https://help.salesforce.com/htviewhelpdoc?id=unused_package_components.htm&siteLang=en_US
If an installed managed package is deployed from sandbox to production what happens to post install script? Is it count as upgrade (context.isUpgrade) or the script never runs on production (maybe doesn't count as install since it's not actually installing in production)?

We have a postinstall script that do some stuff on only new install (!context.isUpgrade() && !context.isPush())

But it's not working when the package is installed in sandbox first and then deployed to production
Hello,
One of our customer is having this weird issue when they try to create new view in marketo sales insight page.
"The configuration of your org has changed, please reload the page. Missing dependent object: Field: Lead.SOME_FIELD"

That dependent object is the custom field in our managed package that we removed from our package almost 2 months ago. We don't know why marketo sales insight is dependent on our custom field. Any idea what could be causing this and what should we do to fix it?

Also one strange thing about the problem is according to the documents when we delete field from managed package it stays in customer's instance for 15 days(or until a customer delete them) and then deleted permanently. But It's been more than 15 days already & our deleted custom field is still visible/queryable in customer's instance(it says deprecated field). Any idea why it's not been deleted yet? We just thought that deleting the field permanently from SFDC and syncing the fields in marketo could maybe solve the "missing dependent object" problem.

Here's the 15 days thing,
https://help.salesforce.com/htviewhelpdoc?id=unused_package_components.htm&siteLang=en_US
Hello,

I want implement Queueable Apex on Sandbox (Winter 15) and I follow the example on this article : https://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_queueing_jobs.htm but when i launch test class, i have this error :  "This method is not implemented" 
And, in Debug log, i have : FATAL_ERROR Internal Salesforce.com Error

Code apex : 
public class AsyncExecutionExample implements queueable {
    public void execute(queueablecontext context) {
        system.debug('test');
    }
}

On my Dev Org, this code works.

Someone already encountered this problem? Thank you for your help
Hello,

I want implement Queueable Apex on Sandbox (Winter 15) and I follow the example on this article : https://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_queueing_jobs.htm but when i launch test class, i have this error :  "This method is not implemented" 
And, in Debug log, i have : FATAL_ERROR Internal Salesforce.com Error

Code apex : 
public class AsyncExecutionExample implements queueable {
    public void execute(queueablecontext context) {
        system.debug('test');
    }
}

On my Dev Org, this code works.

Someone already encountered this problem? Thank you for your help