• 20 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Can anyone help me developing the Custom webservice for Data.com DunsRight Match API?

I refered to below link
https://resources.docs.salesforce.com/206/latest/en-us/sfdc/pdf/datadotcom_api_dev_guide.pdf

but I need specific detials how to pass the URL and get response? We have already implemented Data.com Match API Custom Rest Webservice. Can we use same Authorization details for developing the DunsRight Match API?

Thanks

• January 31, 2017
Hi,

Has any one seen below error message while updating the Opportunity Record?

"Error:A immediate parent name can't be the child of a client it's already a parent of."

There are no Validation Rule or triggers in my org with this message. We have D&B Heirarchy Structure in our Org on the Accounts, So I am thinking while updating the opportunity something is triggering the D&B data on the Account.

Please let us know your thoughts

Thanks

• August 22, 2016
Hi,

We have D&B(Data.com) Heirarchy Structure in our Org on the Accounts. Has any one seen below error message while updating the Opportunity Record?

"Error:A immediate parent name can't be the child of a client it's already a parent of."

There are no Validation Rule or triggers in my org with this message.  I am thinking while updating the opportunity something is triggering the D&B data on the Account.

Please let us know your thoughts

Thanks

Thanks

• August 22, 2016
Hi,

I  have created three different custom tabs from a single visual force page. Each Tab displays related custom Buttons and custom fields. The issue is when I on click on each tab , the rerending of the components is not occuring. Is there any way that I can rerend the components from one tab to another tab on click of each tab?

Thanks

• June 20, 2016
Hi,

I have a requirement to create a validation rule to fire on the parent object field change by checking the value for the child object field.
For Example:
Parent Object Picklist Field Name = Stage
Child Object Field Name = Premium

Need a Validation rule to fire whenever the picklist value " Stage" is changed to "Bound", the value on the field "Premium" should be greater than Zero before the parent record is saved.

Is it possible through Validation rules? Or is there any other way?

Thanks

• July 14, 2015
Hi,

I have a requirement to create a custom Formulae(Text) field on Opportunity object with a Hyperlink value in it.

I have to append another custom field value of the opportunity object to that hyperlink for each record ,so that whenever user clicks on it,it is redirected to other website with the value passed on from the custom field.

Example : I have been given below URL as an example

http://GeneralDocumentation.aspx?m=y&SubmissionNumber=0000408494.

In the above URL I have to pass the last number (0000408494) dynamically from the custom field.So I have modified it as

http://GeneralDocumentation.aspx?m=y&SubmissionNumber={!Opportunity.Submission_Number__c}

but this formuale is not working as expected. Can anyone please help me on this?. (Here Submission_Number__c is custom field from which I have to pass the value dynamically for each record).

Thanks

• May 01, 2015
Hi ,

I have two custom  fields and one roll up summary field to count child records on my Opportunity object Example: Field 1 , Field 2 and Roll up field. There is a validation rule created which fires  "when the count of Roll up summary field of child objects records are greater than Zero and when Field 1 value is changed", the error message says that "You cannot change the Field 1 value when Roll Up field value is greater >0".

The issue is we have an integration with third party system, they are trying to change Field 1 value and also Field 2 value together when Rollup summary is >0. There are recieving back the validation error message but Field 2 value is updated on opportunity record before the error is sent back to their system. 

When I tried same scenario from salesforce UI Interface, the valdiation fires without updating the value for Field 2 and record does not gets saved.

I am not sure why the Field2 value is udpated through API and validaiton rule is fired later.Can you please let me know if anyone has any idea about it.

Thanks

• May 01, 2015
Hi,

I have some opportunities with owners who got deactivated. I need to transfer/share theses records to other users who are in different roles. Since the opportunity owners are deactivated they are not available during the sharing rules. is there anyway I can mass transfer theses records to active users or share these inactive owner records to others.

Thanks

• February 10, 2015
Hi,

I have a requirement to create a validation rule to prevent creation of record when period between Effective date and Expiration Date is equal to 365 days.
The validation rule [(Expiration_Date__c) - (Effective_Date__c) == 365] works fine
The issue is we have an option to renew the record with a custom “Renew” button. When we renew the record, the effective and expiration dates copy form the old record and adds one year to it. Here the validation rule is throwing error when it is a leap year.

Example:  Effective date is 2/2/2015 and Expiration is 2/1/2016 for a record. When I try to renew the record, it throws validation rule since the number of days are calculated between the effective date (2/2/2016) and Expiration date (2/1/2017) as 365 days since it’s a leap year.( If it not a leap year there is no error, record gets saved)

Can anyone have any idea to handle this condition for leap year and calculate it in the validation rule?

Thanks
  • February 02, 2015
Hi,

I have an Apex class which calls a webservice apex class. I could able to debug the Apex class in the debug logs but I dont see any  logs for the Webservice class. Please let me know how to see the debug logs of Webservice class

Thanks
  • November 12, 2014
Hi,

We have a XML request sent to external system (3rd party system) using Web service request call. The date that we input into "effectivedate" field (Data type =date) for a record is sent with one day less to external system.
For Example: If we put 11/10/2014 in salesforce record. Other system is receiving it as 11/09/2014 in the XML request.

While debugging in salesforce the date field is captured as 11-10-2014 00:00:00 but in the XML request that we send to other system it was captured as 11-09-2014 T23:00:00-05:00

Note: This is happening only with the "effectivedate" field selected after 11-02-2014. Is it because of the Day light saving which is showing as 11:00pm EST in the XML request file?.  We are using “Date.valueof” function in the web service apex class for the "effectivedate" field.

Is there any workaround for this?

Thanks
  • November 12, 2014
Hi,

I have a requirement to create a VF page1 and add it to a related list of an object. The custom VF page1 should display column A, column B, Column C and a “New” button.

When the “New” Button is clicked, it should pop up a new VF page2 on which a user can select values for Column A, Column B, Column C and click save button which closes that VF page2 and displays all related user entered information on VF page1 on the related list.

Anyone has any sample code for that. Please let me know.

Thanks
  • November 05, 2014
Hi,

I am trying to write a String SOQL query in a Batch class. I need to query records with a particular condition as written below:

String Soql = 'SELECT id,StageName FROM Opportunity Where StageName in (\'Quoted\',\'Bound\',\'Working\')' ;

Here StageName is a Picklist field . So I need to query record with above those three picklist values, but this query is not working. Please let me know how to construct a String with this "Where" condition.

Thanks

• November 04, 2014
Hi,

I am using big bucket repository as a version controlling  for my sales force project.

I configured the push and pull(Fetch) of the code from the local repository to Remote repository using GIT in eclipse. The push works fine (I can see the latest code committed into remote, but while I pull the latest code from remote to local branch,it says there is  "No ref to fetch from origin-Everything up to date".

How can I pull the latest version from remote to Local? Here is my config file.

[core]
     repositoryformatversion = 0
     filemode = false
     logallrefupdates = true
    [remote "origin"]
     url = https://snune@bitbucket.org/snune/git-star.git
     push = refs/heads/master:refs/heads/master
     fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
    [branch "master"]
     remote = origin
     merge = refs/heads/master

Thanks
  • October 02, 2014
Hi,

Did anyone Implemented any version control tool for salesforce(like Git ,SVN etc), If So can you tell me which one is best to integrate with salesforce? and Please share if you have any articles or documents to implement it?

Thanks

• September 24, 2014
Hi,

I am trying to implement record locking within an Apex controller. To test this out, I have a very simple Visualforce page with a custom controller. In the controller's constructor I have a SOQL query that uses the FOR UPDATE keyword to lock the Account records queried. On page load, I want to lock the record so if another user access the same Visualforce page, record locking is enforced. The controller also has an action method to do a simple DML Update on the same account records that can be invoked through an apex command button.

Here is my test scenario: I log in a 2 different users in different browsers, load the visualforce page which invokes the controller constructor. I then invoke the action method which performs the DML update. I was expecting to see the 2nd action fail since the first constructor invocation had locked the account records. But I was able to successfully update the account records.

Question #1: How does Apex handle record locking across a controller's entire view state?

Question #2: Is there a way to lock a record for the duration of a Visualforce page where the SOQL is in the constructor but the DML operations are in other action methods within the same controller?

Thanks
  • September 10, 2014
Hi ,

I have two custom  fields and one roll up summary field to count child records on my Opportunity object Example: Field 1 , Field 2 and Roll up field. There is a validation rule created which fires  "when the count of Roll up summary field of child objects records are greater than Zero and when Field 1 value is changed", the error message says that "You cannot change the Field 1 value when Roll Up field value is greater >0".

The issue is we have an integration with third party system, they are trying to change Field 1 value and also Field 2 value together when Rollup summary is >0. There are recieving back the validation error message but Field 2 value is updated on opportunity record before the error is sent back to their system. 

When I tried same scenario from salesforce UI Interface, the valdiation fires without updating the value for Field 2 and record does not gets saved.

I am not sure why the Field2 value is udpated through API and validaiton rule is fired later.Can you please let me know if anyone has any idea about it.

Thanks

• May 01, 2015
Hi,

I have a requirement to create a validation rule to fire on the parent object field change by checking the value for the child object field.
For Example:
Parent Object Picklist Field Name = Stage
Child Object Field Name = Premium

Need a Validation rule to fire whenever the picklist value " Stage" is changed to "Bound", the value on the field "Premium" should be greater than Zero before the parent record is saved.

Is it possible through Validation rules? Or is there any other way?

Thanks

• July 14, 2015
Hi,

I have a requirement to create a VF page1 and add it to a related list of an object. The custom VF page1 should display column A, column B, Column C and a “New” button.

When the “New” Button is clicked, it should pop up a new VF page2 on which a user can select values for Column A, Column B, Column C and click save button which closes that VF page2 and displays all related user entered information on VF page1 on the related list.

Anyone has any sample code for that. Please let me know.

Thanks
  • November 05, 2014
Hi,

Did anyone Implemented any version control tool for salesforce(like Git ,SVN etc), If So can you tell me which one is best to integrate with salesforce? and Please share if you have any articles or documents to implement it?

Thanks

• September 24, 2014

I am trying to implement record locking within an Apex controller. To test this out, I have a very simple Visualforce page with a custom controller. In the controller's constructor I have a SOQL query that uses the FOR UPDATE keyword to lock the Account records queried. On page load, I want to lock the record so if another user access the same Visualforce page, record locking is enforced. The controller also has an action method to do a simple DML Update on the same account records that can be invoked through an apex command button. 

Here is my test scenario: I log in a 2 different users in different browsers, load the visualforce page which invokes the controller constructor. I then invoke the action method which performs the DML update. I was expecting to see the 2nd action fail since the first constructor invocation had locked the account records. But I was able to successfully update the account records. 

Question #1: How does Apex handle record locking across a controller's entire view state?

Question #2: Is there a way to lock a record for the duration of a Visualforce page where the SOQL is in the constructor but the DML operations are in other action methods within the same controller?