• 20 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Is it possible to have one custom object set up as a related list for several Salesforce objects (custom or standard)?

For example, if I have a state identifier object which allows a user to set an ID per state attributed to a Salesforce object, I want the user to be able to type in a Contact for example, and add several state IDs naturally and fluidly via related lists.

We figured that related lists are the best for this as opposed to a lookup field which requires you to set up the state and ID first and then apply it to the Salesforce object which is the reverse of how the flow would be expected to work.

Thanks,
-Michael
Hi All,

I am looking to implement a custom button which will be visible on the detail page of an object - let's say the Contacts object. When this button is pressed, I want to have data go from the Contacts record through a RESTful web service call and have a unique value returned. The user would not be redirected to a new page and the returned value would be used in setting a custom field on the Contacts screen.

Is something like this possible or do I have to create a middle VisualForce layer which will take information from a referenced Contact ID, pass data along through the web service, set and save the returned value, and then redirect the user back to the referenced Contact ID?

Ideally I would like this process to work no matter the Salesforce object if at all possible.

Thanks,
-Michael
Hi there,

I am new to developing in Salesforce and I inherited an app that my company is trying to launch.

To broadly describe one aspect of the app, we allow our app to interact with any Salesforce object that a customer may choose our app to interact with.

We have a HomePageComponent custom JavaScript component which checks to see if the current Salesforce object page which is open is interacting with our app and if it is, then we dispaly a button next to the "Cancel" button in the Edit screen.

Salesforce is doing away with JavaScript in the HomePageComponent custom components in Summer '15 and it looks like they are starting early in disallowing apps to be submitted that have this in place now.

What would my alternative(s) be to accomplish this same desired behavior?

Thank you very much,
-Michael
Is it possible to have one custom object set up as a related list for several Salesforce objects (custom or standard)?

For example, if I have a state identifier object which allows a user to set an ID per state attributed to a Salesforce object, I want the user to be able to type in a Contact for example, and add several state IDs naturally and fluidly via related lists.

We figured that related lists are the best for this as opposed to a lookup field which requires you to set up the state and ID first and then apply it to the Salesforce object which is the reverse of how the flow would be expected to work.

Thanks,
-Michael
Hi All,

I am looking to implement a custom button which will be visible on the detail page of an object - let's say the Contacts object. When this button is pressed, I want to have data go from the Contacts record through a RESTful web service call and have a unique value returned. The user would not be redirected to a new page and the returned value would be used in setting a custom field on the Contacts screen.

Is something like this possible or do I have to create a middle VisualForce layer which will take information from a referenced Contact ID, pass data along through the web service, set and save the returned value, and then redirect the user back to the referenced Contact ID?

Ideally I would like this process to work no matter the Salesforce object if at all possible.

Thanks,
-Michael
Hi there,

I am new to developing in Salesforce and I inherited an app that my company is trying to launch.

To broadly describe one aspect of the app, we allow our app to interact with any Salesforce object that a customer may choose our app to interact with.

We have a HomePageComponent custom JavaScript component which checks to see if the current Salesforce object page which is open is interacting with our app and if it is, then we dispaly a button next to the "Cancel" button in the Edit screen.

Salesforce is doing away with JavaScript in the HomePageComponent custom components in Summer '15 and it looks like they are starting early in disallowing apps to be submitted that have this in place now.

What would my alternative(s) be to accomplish this same desired behavior?

Thank you very much,
-Michael