• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi everybody,

I need to define a Web Service in Apex in order to connect Salesforce with an external system that is allocated in a private network. This system has been working for years and our client has suggested us to be as less intrusive as possible. Their suggestion is provide us with a VPN in order to access to its webservice endpoint.

I've been looking for Salesforce documentation regarding VPN connection and I haven't found anything at all. All I have found regarding this topic is a post in a forum where they said that it's not possible to define a VPN connection in Salesforce.

Does anybody knows how to define this process? If it is not possible, anybody knows an alternative different from (a) transform the private Web Service into a public one or (b) define a public intermediate layer?

Thank you very much for your help,
Alex
Hi everybody,

I need to define a Web Service in Apex in order to connect Salesforce with an external system that is allocated in a private network. This system has been working for years and our client has suggested us to be as less intrusive as possible. Their suggestion is provide us with a VPN in order to access to its webservice endpoint.

I've been looking for Salesforce documentation regarding VPN connection and I haven't found anything at all. All I have found regarding this topic is a post in a forum where they said that it's not possible to define a VPN connection in Salesforce.

Does anybody knows how to define this process? If it is not possible, anybody knows an alternative different from (a) transform the private Web Service into a public one or (b) define a public intermediate layer?

Alex
Hi everybody,

Alex