• Member since 2014
  • Capgemini

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I added a custom search at the left sidebar of Salesforce by using Visualfore Area Component. It appears like:

User-added image

My "Go" button at here is a <apex:commandButton> and it calls a controller method. So the problem is, when I click the "Go" button, how can I open a page at right wide pane, just like the standard Salesforce search "Go"?

I added a custom search at the left sidebar of Salesforce by using Visualfore Area Component. It appears like:

User-added image

My "Go" button at here is a <apex:commandButton> and it calls a controller method. So the problem is, when I click the "Go" button, how can I open a page at right wide pane, just like the standard Salesforce search "Go"?

There's a search box on the top of Salesforce, is it possible to override(re-implement) it? Like catcing the click event, poping up dialog, customize the search result page...

I went over the Visualforce development guide, it seems I can't do this by Virsualforce. Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

Charley

I have a Java native app I am trying to implement Oauth for. I have gone thru this article by Pat Patterson:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Digging_Deeper_into_OAuth_2.0_on_Force.com

I am a little lost on a couple of points. I can work out how to make a call from Java to the initial URL (https://login.salesforce.com/services/oauth2/authorize?response_type=token&client_id=xxx&redirect_uri=myapp:oauth&display=full). From what I can see, this returns a redirect. What exactly does the Java app have to do to bring up the browser window with the authorization request?  And how does the Java app then get back the reponse with the tokens?

Thx, Hamayoun

I'm trying to make some code that will add up the total value of a select field within a list i have created. I then want to subtract it from a set value. But i just keep getting an error. Can anyone please advise?

public with sharing class Total{

Private integer allowance=252;
    public integer total_used;

public Total(){
        total_used = [select sum (Hours_Used__c) FROM Holiday_Request__c WHERE Staff_Memeber__r.Name = 'Dan'];
    }

Public Integer gettotal_used() {
        return total_used;
    }

Public Integer getAvailable() {
        return 252-21;
    }
}