• 15 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
In general  by using salesforce url in the ecllipse IDE we configure and establish a connection which is nothing but force.com IDE but why again 
we are converting the salesforce API into jar  by performing connction.can anyone guide me?
Is it possible to controll CSS from Apex controller 
Ex:  I'm fetching data by using SOQL query and if  data is fetched from SOQL then only need to perform CSS .So I would like to write a condition in apex but how to assign css from apex I have  external css file contians list of css classes how can I assign those classes based on the condition in apex without using javascript . Please let me know
Can anyone tell me how to create a checkbox in picklist using Apex and Visualforce page . As per my knowledge  in Apex will create a list of

I want this Functionality
selectOption and this will accept only string ,this selectOption will pass to the visualforce selectoption but how to add checkbox .As per the above image i need to add string along with checkbox in my picklist
I have an xml file ,Dont know how to load and retrive  the xml file using Apex and to pass the xml to My visualforce page. I have gone through some of the exmaples related to this scenario which is a book list example . I didnt understand that can anyone explain to load and fetch data from xml using Apex  
Hi, I'm new to VF , I tried to align commandbutton to the left side of the pageblock by using  dir property even though it is not working .
Can any one suggest me how to resolve this issue

FYI:
<apex:page id="pg">
 <apex:form id="fm">
        <apex:pageBlock title="Contact Details" dir="LTR">
            <apex:pageBlockButtons location="top" dir ="LTR" >
                 <apex:commandButton/>
</apex:pageBlockButtons >
</apex:pageblock>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>
In my visualforce having StandardController ="Contact" and created a custom button using html <div> tag now  I would like to save the details by clicking this custom button using StandardAction save .How to call the standard action on Html tag . 
 FYI:
<apex:page  standardController="Contact">
    <style>
    #header {
        /*line-height:30px; text-transform: uppercase;*/
    background-color:#fff000;
    height:20px;
    width:50px;
    float:left;
    padding:5px; 
     color: red;
    font-family: "Times New Roman", Times, serif;    
     text-align: center;   
    border-radius: 15px;   
}
        #header:hover{
        cursor:pointer; 
        background-color:#ff9933;
        opacity:0.5;
        }
     </style> 
        <apex:pageBlock>
            <apex:pageBlockButtons>
               <div id="header">
                   save
                   <apex:actionSupport event="onclick" action="{!save}" rerender="fm"/>
                </div>

</apex:pageBlockButtons>      
            <apex:pageBlockSection>
                <apex:inlineEditSupport>
                    <apex:outputField value="{!Contact.lastName}"/>
                    <apex:outputField value="{!Contact.firstName}"/>
                </apex:inlineEditSupport>
            </apex:pageBlockSection>
        </apex:pageBlock
Is it possible to controll CSS from Apex controller 
Ex:  I'm fetching data by using SOQL query and if  data is fetched from SOQL then only need to perform CSS .So I would like to write a condition in apex but how to assign css from apex I have  external css file contians list of css classes how can I assign those classes based on the condition in apex without using javascript . Please let me know
EDF is looking for a full time Salesforce Admin / Developer 
http://app.jobvite.com/m?3dMF8iwz
Can anyone tell me how to create a checkbox in picklist using Apex and Visualforce page . As per my knowledge  in Apex will create a list of

I want this Functionality
selectOption and this will accept only string ,this selectOption will pass to the visualforce selectoption but how to add checkbox .As per the above image i need to add string along with checkbox in my picklist

Currently have a Event picklist field with the values of Yes and No that is prepopulated with No when an Event is created. Once the user changes the picklist field to Yes, I want to use a validation rule prevent them from changing it back to No. The issue I am running into is that every validation rule I have tried prevents them from editing any other field on the record and not just the specific picklist field.

Here is my current validation rule: AND(
ISPICKVAL(PRIORVALUE(Sales_Call_Completed__c),"Yes"))

• November 30, 2015
I have an xml file ,Dont know how to load and retrive  the xml file using Apex and to pass the xml to My visualforce page. I have gone through some of the exmaples related to this scenario which is a book list example . I didnt understand that can anyone explain to load and fetch data from xml using Apex  
Hi, I'm new to VF , I tried to align commandbutton to the left side of the pageblock by using  dir property even though it is not working .
Can any one suggest me how to resolve this issue

FYI:
<apex:page id="pg">
        <apex:pageBlock title="Contact Details" dir="LTR">
            <apex:pageBlockButtons location="top" dir ="LTR" >
                 <apex:commandButton/>
</apex:pageBlockButtons >
</apex:pageblock>
In my visualforce having StandardController ="Contact" and created a custom button using html <div> tag now  I would like to save the details by clicking this custom button using StandardAction save .How to call the standard action on Html tag . 
 FYI:
<apex:page  standardController="Contact">
    <style>
    #header {
        /*line-height:30px; text-transform: uppercase;*/
    background-color:#fff000;
    height:20px;
    width:50px;
    float:left;
    padding:5px; 
     color: red;
    font-family: "Times New Roman", Times, serif;    
     text-align: center;   
    border-radius: 15px;   
}
        #header:hover{
        cursor:pointer; 
        background-color:#ff9933;
        opacity:0.5;
        }
     </style> 
        <apex:pageBlock>
            <apex:pageBlockButtons>
               <div id="header">
                   save
                   <apex:actionSupport event="onclick" action="{!save}" rerender="fm"/>
                </div>

</apex:pageBlockButtons>      
            <apex:pageBlockSection>
                <apex:inlineEditSupport>
                    <apex:outputField value="{!Contact.lastName}"/>
                    <apex:outputField value="{!Contact.firstName}"/>
                </apex:inlineEditSupport>
            </apex:pageBlockSection>
        </apex:pageBlock
Hi I have some 9 sobjects data retrieved via SOQL. Now I want to add all this List's to a Generic List<sobejct> type to perform single DML operation

Can't this be done with out using For-loops ?
I tried addALL method od list
Not a great way to start off a Monday morning. I have a very simple piece of code that should pass a param to the page controller but it is not working at all. I have tried using assignTo as well as ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters() but neither approach has worked. Below is a simple page and controller to reproduce.

Page:
<apex:page controller="param" >
<apex:form>
<apex:commandButton value="Proceed to Upload" action="{!proceedToUpload}" id="uploadButton">
<apex:param name="uploadType" assignTo="{!uploadType}" value="org" id="param"/>
</apex:commandButton>

Controller:
public class param {

public String uploadType {get; set;}

public pageReference proceedToUpload(){
system.debug(uploadType);
system.debug(ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('uploadType'));
system.debug(ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters());
return null;
}
}

Please tell me I am blind and this is a simple typo I have overlooked. If you don't mind could you try to reproduce this in your org.

Thanks,
Jason

Message Edited by TehNrd on 11-16-2009 11:43 AM
  • November 16, 2009