• 5 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
My company deals with bookings that store check-in and check-out dates in two fields. I would like to add a custom field to the object that will look at those two dates and see if the range they describe contains a weekend day (not including the Check-out day, on which guests will not actually stay).
This would then return "WKEND", so that we could easily report on the number of weekend bookings taken. 
Any ideas?

I'm trying to use a CASE field to look up the first two characters of a postcode and output some broad regions that we use to report on data. So far i have this:
CASE( UPPER(LEFT(BillingPostalCode,2)),
'PL', "South West England",
'PO', "South West England"

/*TONNES OF OTHERS */
        "Unfound"
 )

Obviously once i get all the UK postcodes in there, it exceeds the character limit, plus it just looks horribly clumsy. I've tried things like
'PL' : 'PO', "South West England"  
to shorten the formula, but i can't seem to make any of them work. Is there any more elegant way of pointing those multiple options at a single result? 

Apologies if this has been tackled elsewhere, i had a good look round the forums and couldn't find anything that seemed to solve it.
My company deals with bookings that store check-in and check-out dates in two fields. I would like to add a custom field to the object that will look at those two dates and see if the range they describe contains a weekend day (not including the Check-out day, on which guests will not actually stay).
This would then return "WKEND", so that we could easily report on the number of weekend bookings taken. 
Any ideas?

I'm trying to use a CASE field to look up the first two characters of a postcode and output some broad regions that we use to report on data. So far i have this:
CASE( UPPER(LEFT(BillingPostalCode,2)),
'PL', "South West England",
'PO', "South West England"

/*TONNES OF OTHERS */
        "Unfound"
 )

Obviously once i get all the UK postcodes in there, it exceeds the character limit, plus it just looks horribly clumsy. I've tried things like
'PL' : 'PO', "South West England"  
to shorten the formula, but i can't seem to make any of them work. Is there any more elegant way of pointing those multiple options at a single result? 

Apologies if this has been tackled elsewhere, i had a good look round the forums and couldn't find anything that seemed to solve it.