• 35 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Any recommended tools on how to load test an OData endpoint for use with Salesforce Connect? I have a basic related list setup on a standard CONTACT object, and curious how many concurrent users can retrieve the data and see the load times.
I was able to get indirect relationships using TEXT(5) fields with Lightning Connect and OData working in a separate thread: https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=906F0000000AyT7IAK

However, I cannot get indirect relationships working with numeric fields.  Has anyone gotten this to work?
I'm creating a custom field on Account of type "External Lookup Relationship" against an external object using Lightning Connect.  This works fine and I can enter a value for the key field in the external object and save the Account object which creates a link using an ID column.  Clicking that link then takes me to the related external object record.

How can I create a pick list to select all possible values (or maybe a display column) to make it more user friendly?

I'm following a well written tutorial written by @andymahood__c: http://www.tquila.com/blog/2014/11/17/setting-lightning-connect-and-your-first-external-object

When I get to the step #3 ... "Select Edit on the CustomerID field, ...", I don't see Account (or any objects to relate) listed in the drop down box. I have created the custom field on ACCOUNT named CusotmerID Text(5) and marked it as External ID as follows:

CustomerID CustomerID__c Text(5) (External ID) [Checked]

Any ideas?
I can see the objects when I create a new tab, but the search does not seem to be sending an OData query to my DataDirect Cloud service exposing Oracle data.  The exernal objects are enabled for search. 

I'm following a well written tutorial written by @andymahood__c: http://www.tquila.com/blog/2014/11/17/setting-lightning-connect-and-your-first-external-object

When I get to the step #3 ... "Select Edit on the CustomerID field, ...", I don't see Account (or any objects to relate) listed in the drop down box. I have created the custom field on ACCOUNT named CusotmerID Text(5) and marked it as External ID as follows:

Any ideas?
Hi,

We have a requirement to integrate salesforce with oracle DB. We need the the ability to create, read, edit and delete on the oracle DB and data should be stored in oracle DB from salesforce.

We can use lightening connect to create, read, edit and delete data from and into an external system using any of these adapters.
A.    OData 2.0 adapter or OData 4.0 adapter
B.    Salesforce adapter
C.    Custom adapter created via Apex

***But we read from blogs and lighting connect documentation that there are limitations/challenges in using lightining connect for write/delete/update to external system.

We have any ODBC/JDBC kind of plug ins to connect from salesforce to Oracle DB?. Please provide any information  or any other options on how can we connect salesforce to oracle DB other then lightning connect adapters.

Thanks,
Naveen
Hi,

My ERP system has ODBC drivers to expose it's data to excel etc.  I've used those drivers to hook into PHP before to give some web access.  But is there anyway to convert the ODBC into ODATA so I can get that info into Salesforce?

Thanks,
Hi,

How can i access large volumes of data without the need to batch upload this info to Salesforce?
For example i want to look up a Marketing Code for an Item we sell and so rather uploadng 1million+ item records with there marketing code in SF.com i would like to search an external source and retrieve the info.  Is this only possible through Web services etc? 
  • March 04, 2015
I'm creating a custom field on Account of type "External Lookup Relationship" against an external object using Lightning Connect.  This works fine and I can enter a value for the key field in the external object and save the Account object which creates a link using an ID column.  Clicking that link then takes me to the related external object record.

How can I create a pick list to select all possible values (or maybe a display column) to make it more user friendly?

Any ideas?
Hi all,
      I'm trying to integrate odata with salesforce. I've provided by sample request urls. I don't have endpoint url/server url. I want to see whether odata api calls from salesforce working or not. So that i can give ademo on how & wt is the functionality of Odata.

So my question is, Is it going to be possible to try odata api call in salesforce with taking some sample server and request url?
If there is anyway. Could you please post it. 
Anyone knows like how are we going to make oData API call from the Salesforce. I've a demo to give. Kindly help me find out. As far as I know , the concept of External data source is showing up. But I need some more information regarding the oData Integration.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

I am trying to execute the following soql queris using bulk API / workbench / Developer console, but I am not able to retrieve the result without filter on Ids.

SELECT Id FROM IdeaComment;

How do I get the result of soql queries without filter on Id.