• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

Using the Salesforce API via my iOS app that I have created I'm currently collecting the Phone and Title attributes of the logged in user (with Administrator access) using the retrieve() method.

But when I log in as a non Administrator these details are not passed back.

Would anyone know which permission(s) I need to change in order for this to work for non Administrator users?

Thanks,

Mark
Hi,

I have created a mobile app in which I can send an email using a template set up on Salesforce via the sendEmail API.
I would like to be able to specify and insert a paragraph of text into the email.

Would anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks,

Mark
Hi,

I have created a mobile app and am currently able to send an email using a Salesforce email template via the sendEmail() API.

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/index_Left.htm#CSHID=sforce_api_calls_soql.htm%7CStartTopic=Content%2Fsforce_api_calls_soql.htm%7CSkinName=webhelp

I would like to be able to add (inject) some user defined text into the template, say a paragraph at a certain place.

Would anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks,

Mark
Hi, Could anyone tell me whether this is possible?
I'm wanting to check whether an account name already exists within my SF database.
Let's say I have an existing account named "Test Computers", when I submit a search for 'Test' only I DON'T want Test Computers to be included in the results.

"FIND {"Test"} IN Name FIELDS RETURNING account (account.Id)"

Thanks,

Mark
Hi,

When I log in to the Workbench selecting Sandbox as the Environment, as soon as I select an option from any menu, e.g. Jump to:SOQL Query, I get the following message:

An error has occurred and you have been logged out:
Your Saledforce session is invalid or has expired. Please login again.

But when I log in again I get the same results.

Would anyone know how I can resolve this?

Thanks,

Mark
Hi,

If I have an existing SalesForce account (say Enterprise) and I want to create a developer account in order to develop an app and utilise the database structure I already have in place how do I go about setting this up?

i.e. Is it simply a case of signing up for a developer account with my existing account Administrator details and all my Customer records and Custom Fields will be available to me for developing with (as a copy of my live data)?

Thanks,

Mark
I've created an individual user developer account, set up some data and created a mobile app that can log in and query the data successfully.
Back on developer.salesforce.com I've created a new User and assigned them User Licence:Salesforce, Profile:System Administrator.

Using my app I'm unable to log in using the new account.
faultstring INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.

I'm 100% sure I'm setting the correct username and password, and the security token is the same one used for the original working account.

Would anyone have any ideas on why this account is being locked out?

Thanks,

Mark

Is there any Salesforce support for the force.com Toolkit for Adobe AIR?

Thanks,

Mark
Hi,

I'm creating an AIR app using the SalesForce AIR Toolkit following this tutorial.
https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Taking_Salesforce_Data_Offline_Using_Adobe_AIR

I have everything that I need working other than being able to create a new entry to the database when offline.
This is the code I use to create the new entry:
private function addContact(evt:MouseEvent):void 
{            
acc = new SObject('Customer__c');            
acc.Name = nameTxt.text;
acc.Percent__c = int(percentTxt.text);           
airConnection.create([acc], new AsyncResponder(addSuccess));
}
When online the entry is added successfully but when offline I get the following error:
​ArgumentError: Error #2004: One of the parameters is invalid.
Which relates to passing an SObject to the serializeObject function within AirConnection.as
public function serializeObject(someObject:Object):ByteArray
{
var objectBytes:ByteArray = new ByteArray();
objectBytes.writeObject(someObject);
return objectBytes;
}

The error occurs on this line:
objectBytes.writeObject(someObject);

I also found an issue posted on code.google which relates to the same issue but despite creating a svn checkout and updating my files to r31 I still get the same error:
https://code.google.com/p/force-flex/issues/detail?id=3

Would anyone have any suggestiosn on how I can resolve this last hurdle?

Many thanks, Mark

Hi,

I've been tasked with creating an AIR app to work with SalesForce.
Following the example here...
https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Taking_Salesforce_Data_Offline_Using_Adobe_AIR

"airConnection.query("Select Id, FirstName, LastName From Contact", new AsyncResponder("

I see from the line above that airConnection accesses a Contact table and finds 20 results.
The data is stored online somewhere. Does anyone know where this table exists so I can view it?

Thanks,

Mark
Hi,

Using the Salesforce API via my iOS app that I have created I'm currently collecting the Phone and Title attributes of the logged in user (with Administrator access) using the retrieve() method.

But when I log in as a non Administrator these details are not passed back.

Would anyone know which permission(s) I need to change in order for this to work for non Administrator users?

Thanks,

Mark
Hi, Could anyone tell me whether this is possible?
I'm wanting to check whether an account name already exists within my SF database.
Let's say I have an existing account named "Test Computers", when I submit a search for 'Test' only I DON'T want Test Computers to be included in the results.

"FIND {"Test"} IN Name FIELDS RETURNING account (account.Id)"

Thanks,

Mark
Hi,

I seem to be experiencing a delay of around 5-6 minutes between adding a new record and it appearing in the API queries that I'm calling in the AIR app that I'm developing.

If I add a new record, either through the app or through a browser the record is successfully inserted into the database immediately. 

If I then try to find the record using Salesforce in the browser it appears OK. 

If I try to find the record using a search query (within the app) I have to wait around 5-6 minutes before the record can be found.
i.e. I keep performing a query every 30 seconds.
Each time I peform a search query within the app the Salesforce database is successfully queried and results sent back more or less immediately so it's not a connection issue.

Would anyone have any idea what's going on and how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Mark
Hi,

When I log in to the Workbench selecting Sandbox as the Environment, as soon as I select an option from any menu, e.g. Jump to:SOQL Query, I get the following message:

An error has occurred and you have been logged out:
Your Saledforce session is invalid or has expired. Please login again.

But when I log in again I get the same results.

Would anyone know how I can resolve this?

Thanks,

Mark
Hi,

If I have an existing SalesForce account (say Enterprise) and I want to create a developer account in order to develop an app and utilise the database structure I already have in place how do I go about setting this up?

i.e. Is it simply a case of signing up for a developer account with my existing account Administrator details and all my Customer records and Custom Fields will be available to me for developing with (as a copy of my live data)?

Thanks,

Mark
I've created an individual user developer account, set up some data and created a mobile app that can log in and query the data successfully.
Back on developer.salesforce.com I've created a new User and assigned them User Licence:Salesforce, Profile:System Administrator.

Using my app I'm unable to log in using the new account.
faultstring INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.

I'm 100% sure I'm setting the correct username and password, and the security token is the same one used for the original working account.

Would anyone have any ideas on why this account is being locked out?

Thanks,

Mark

Hi,

I've been tasked with creating an AIR app to work with SalesForce.
Following the example here...

"airConnection.query("Select Id, FirstName, LastName From Contact", new AsyncResponder("

I see from the line above that airConnection accesses a Contact table and finds 20 results.
The data is stored online somewhere. Does anyone know where this table exists so I can view it?

Thanks,

Mark