• Er.
  • Navatar

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I want to display the parent Object on Child Record where there is Master-Details relationship.

There are two Objects: Student(Child) & College (Parent).

I want to design a form in Visualforce to insert Student Details where I want to take College as input.

But, Its showing error.

Can anyone help?

I have created a custom external Id field [Unique Case Sensitive] in a custom object. I have inserted two records having External Id data as 'abc123' and 'ABC123' .  while querying for 'abc123' I am getting both the records. But I want only 1 record whose external Id is 'abc123' How to over come from this Issue.  

My Query : SELECT * from customObject__c where externalSystemId__c = 'abc123' ;  

note: If I do the same in standard object only 1 record comes. 
  • March 16, 2015
I have created a custom external Id field [Unique Case Sensitive] in a custom object. I have inserted two records having External Id data as 'abc123' and 'ABC123' .  while querying for 'abc123' I am getting both the records. But I want only 1 record whose external Id is 'abc123' How to over come from this Issue.  

• March 16, 2015

I want to display the parent Object on Child Record where there is Master-Details relationship.

There are two Objects: Student(Child) & College (Parent).

I want to design a form in Visualforce to insert Student Details where I want to take College as input.

But, Its showing error.

Can anyone help?

Hi,

I want to customize the visualforce permission error message,eg: if I am not having permission on 'page1', and  i am loading 'page1' , i am geeting following error message "Content cannot be displayed: You do not have sufficient privileges to access the page: page1" instead of  that i want to display custom error message. Guide me to implement this scenario. 

Thanks
  • March 16, 2015

• March 16, 2015
Hi.

In the VF I used the date format as YYYY-MM-dd in the 
<apex:outputText value="{0,date,YYYY/MM/dd}">
Before the last week of the year it was OK. When the new year falls in the  last week of Decemeber comes the issue.
For example
2014:
S   M  T  W Th F Sat
28 29 30 31 1   2 3

In the above calendar 1st Jan of 2015 falls in the Thurusday.So when I viewd the records of 28,29,30 of December 2014 It showed as
2015-12-28
2015-12-29
2015-12-30
2015-12-31

After that I came to know that
@"YYYY" is week-based calendar year.
@"yyyy" is ordinary calendar year.
http://realmacsoftware.com/blog/working-with-date-and-time

cheers
suresh

Hi.

In the VF I used the date format as YYYY-MM-dd in the 
<apex:outputText value="{0,date,YYYY/MM/dd}">
Before the last week of the year it was OK. When the new year falls in the  last week of Decemeber comes the issue.
For example
2014:
S   M  T  W Th F Sat
28 29 30 31 1   2 3

In the above calendar 1st Jan of 2015 falls in the Thurusday.So when I viewd the records of 28,29,30 of December 2014 It showed as
2015-12-28
2015-12-29
2015-12-30
2015-12-31

After that I came to know that
@"YYYY" is week-based calendar year.
@"yyyy" is ordinary calendar year.
http://realmacsoftware.com/blog/working-with-date-and-time

cheers
suresh