• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I am trying call a flow when a user edit a lead records, When a lead record is edited  to change the value of picklist, It should allow the user to change the value for other two fields as well (One is pick list and other is a free form text field) both are custom fields

I have a created a flow for meeting this requirement, Challenge is how to call the flow when the user edits the record? , We can't add button , OnclickJavascript was easier
Hello Everyone,

I have an issue with competing processes. We are using email to case and we hope to get attachments on the first response after the case is created and the auto email goes out. We have a trigger that runs to see if there was an attachment and then a checkbox gets updated to "true" if there was one or more attachments.

The issue I'm having is I wanted to write a flow that looks at that checkbox and the count of messages sent and at the second message if there isn't an attachment, send the user a note asking to respond with the required screenshot. What is happening is the attachment flag is set after my workflow rule fires, so it doesn't think there is an attachment when there actually is. 

Our volume is way too high to use time based workflows. We would hit that limit every hour as we get 10k cases a day (we do a million transactions per day so it's actually a relatively small amount of tickets). You can see why we would need to use automation for something like this with that volume.

Anyways, do you guys know of any clicks not code solutions? And if code is the only way, do you think a begginner could write something like that or would it be a bit too advanced for someone with little coding experience. If you can think of a clicks solution, however much of a workaround it may be I'm all ears.

Thanks,
Mark
Hello developers,

I tried to get SFDC support to help but because we don't have premier support they sent me here. Hoping you can help, or at least give me your thoughts so I can test out some theories.

What my flow does:

We get 15,000 cases in via emal 2 case every day. Yes, that's right, 15k every day! My flow takes an incoming case, and waits an hour(there is a lot going on when a case comes in so I found by delaying the flow, it has a much better success rate), and then takes an ID feild (Partner ID) and searches all the accounts in salesforce and the first one it finds with a matching Partner ID, pulls the SFDC account ID and inputs that into a lookup field on the case. We are essentially doing a vlookup so we can link all of our incoming CS cases to existing sales accounts (Yes if we were starting over we would design it right so the contact would do the linking for us but just pretend that is 100% off the table and we have to make this idea work).

What goes right:

So I have the exact same flow fire off a custom button I made and it works everytime, even for the ones I get the fault error from, so that is telling me the flow is working, as long as there is a match in Salesforce.

What is wrong:

Even for accounts where the IDs match the flow seems to error out and says it can't find a match, even though there is one. I run reports and see that the automatic flow is working on cases with the same values. It seems sporatic, like it works on most cases and then it will fail here and there without apparent reason.

My theory:

I'm thinking that maybe the ticket volume we ingest might be causing limit errors or somethine to that nature. Also, another theory is that maybe the times it errors out, even when there is a match, that the case might be being updated at the same time it is trying to update via the flow?

Anyways, even if you don't understand what I'm trying to do, I'd love to hear your thoughts on why a flow might fail sometimes and other times work just fine.

This will only let me post 2 screenshots so I'll choose carefully, but if you really want to investigate this I'll be happy to email you as many screenshots as you want.

See below: CS cases is my lookup field. Some are populated and some aren't but you can see they all have the same ID and also there isn't any patterns as far as open vs closed, queues, owners, etc.
report showing some are linked and some aren't, all same ID, no patterns

See Below: In this screenshot you can see that case#02630422 was blank in the above report screenshot but this shot was taken right after I launched the flow from a button and it worked perfectly
User-added image

Any help, thoughts, theories, links to other docs would be super helpful.

Thanks!
Mark
This forum is my last resort before reaching out to our Dev partner, hoping someone can help me figure this out as SFDC support has been a nightmare so far.

What I have:
Right now I have a Flow built that works off of checkboxes on the opportunity and also fields in a custom setting. What it does is say there are 5 checkboxes that relate to legal language. The rep checks off which lines of language they need inserted in the contract and when they click save it takes the 1-5 lines they selected and add it to one text area field called "special Notes". To get thos to work I built a flow that uses the ADD function in an assignment element (Not Equals). It works great except it takes all the spaces out and shows as one chunk of text. I'd love for it to add each line on it's own line. NOTE: I can't use concatenate or Equals because it can be any combination of language so it might be one line on this contract and 3 on the next and 4 on the next and so on.

What I tried already:
I tried adding every line break code I could come across, HTML and formulas code ( BR() ) without any success. I also read a post on this forum about how to use a text template but that only works for concatenate scenarios. I also tried to add a blank variable with just a space in it and that didn't work either, it removed the space.

I think the issue is the custom setting as I don't think that respects formula codes or HTML, but the SFDC rep said that flows do support HTML.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm down to try things out too, don't hesitate to throw out any unproven ideas.

Thanks for your thought and future responses
Hello Developers,

When I trigger this workflow built out in process builder it works. By working I mean when the RFP checkbox is checked it creates a case and assigns it to the specified queue. When other users do the same actions it shoots off the below error and won't let them save unless they uncheck the RFP box. After looking at the error does anyone have any insight into what part of the rule or what permissions the users might need in order for this thing to be successful?

An error occurred at element myRule_1_A2 (FlowActionCall).
Probably Limit Exceeded or 0 recipients 

This report lists the elements that the flow interview executed. The report is a beta feature.
We welcome your feedback on IdeaExchange.

Flow Details
Flow Name: Event_Test
Type: Workflow
Version: 8

Flow Interview Details
Interview Label: Event_Test-8_Opportunity
Current User: Brian Irvin (0051300000BOojx)
Start time: 3/21/2016 4:45 PM
Duration: 1 seconds

How the Interview Started
Brian Irvin (0051300000BOojx) started the flow interview.
Some of this flow's variables were set when the interview started.
myVariable_old = null
myVariable_current = 0061300001F6NvTAAV

ASSIGNMENT: myVariable_waitStartTimeAssignment
{!myVariable_waitStartTimeVariable} Equals {!Flow.CurrentDateTime}
Result
{!myVariable_waitStartTimeVariable} = "3/21/2016 4:45 PM"

DECISION: myDecision
Executed this outcome: myRule_1
Outcome conditions: and
1. {!myVariable_current.RFP__c} (true) Equals true
Logic: All conditions must be true (AND)

DECISION: myRule_1_pmetdec
Executed this outcome: myRule_1_pmetnullrule
Outcome conditions: or
1. {!myVariable_old} (null) Is null true
Logic: One condition must be true (OR)

RECORD CREATE: myRule_1_A1
Create one Case record where:
Description = 'Automated Case Created because the RFP box was checked'
Opportunity_IO_Related_to__c = {!myVariable_current.Id} (0061300001F6NvTAAV)
OwnerId = 00G13000004UNyvEAG
RecordTypeId = 01213000001Ne9CAAS
Status = New
Subject = {!formula_2_myRule_1_A1_Subject} (CBS InteractiveRFP)
pkbgeolocalization__Latitude__s = 37.79
pkbgeolocalization__Longitude__s = -122.403
Result
A record is ready to be created when the next Screen or Wait element is executed or when the interview finishes.

OPPORTUNITY.AD_SOLUTIONS_RFP_BOX_EMAIL (EMAIL ALERTS): myRule_1_A2
Inputs:
SObjectRowId = {!myVariable_current.Id} (0061300001F6NvTAAV)

On an unrelated note, when I create a case through process builder it forces me to include the longitude and latitude. I set it to San Francisco's coordinates, but does anyone know why it forces me to set that and what it actually does?

Thanks!
Mark
Hello developers,

I tried to get SFDC support to help but because we don't have premier support they sent me here. Hoping you can help, or at least give me your thoughts so I can test out some theories.

What my flow does:

We get 15,000 cases in via emal 2 case every day. Yes, that's right, 15k every day! My flow takes an incoming case, and waits an hour(there is a lot going on when a case comes in so I found by delaying the flow, it has a much better success rate), and then takes an ID feild (Partner ID) and searches all the accounts in salesforce and the first one it finds with a matching Partner ID, pulls the SFDC account ID and inputs that into a lookup field on the case. We are essentially doing a vlookup so we can link all of our incoming CS cases to existing sales accounts (Yes if we were starting over we would design it right so the contact would do the linking for us but just pretend that is 100% off the table and we have to make this idea work).

What goes right:

So I have the exact same flow fire off a custom button I made and it works everytime, even for the ones I get the fault error from, so that is telling me the flow is working, as long as there is a match in Salesforce.

What is wrong:

Even for accounts where the IDs match the flow seems to error out and says it can't find a match, even though there is one. I run reports and see that the automatic flow is working on cases with the same values. It seems sporatic, like it works on most cases and then it will fail here and there without apparent reason.

My theory:

I'm thinking that maybe the ticket volume we ingest might be causing limit errors or somethine to that nature. Also, another theory is that maybe the times it errors out, even when there is a match, that the case might be being updated at the same time it is trying to update via the flow?

Anyways, even if you don't understand what I'm trying to do, I'd love to hear your thoughts on why a flow might fail sometimes and other times work just fine.

This will only let me post 2 screenshots so I'll choose carefully, but if you really want to investigate this I'll be happy to email you as many screenshots as you want.

See below: CS cases is my lookup field. Some are populated and some aren't but you can see they all have the same ID and also there isn't any patterns as far as open vs closed, queues, owners, etc.
report showing some are linked and some aren't, all same ID, no patterns

See Below: In this screenshot you can see that case#02630422 was blank in the above report screenshot but this shot was taken right after I launched the flow from a button and it worked perfectly
User-added image

Any help, thoughts, theories, links to other docs would be super helpful.

Thanks!
Mark
This forum is my last resort before reaching out to our Dev partner, hoping someone can help me figure this out as SFDC support has been a nightmare so far.

What I have:
Right now I have a Flow built that works off of checkboxes on the opportunity and also fields in a custom setting. What it does is say there are 5 checkboxes that relate to legal language. The rep checks off which lines of language they need inserted in the contract and when they click save it takes the 1-5 lines they selected and add it to one text area field called "special Notes". To get thos to work I built a flow that uses the ADD function in an assignment element (Not Equals). It works great except it takes all the spaces out and shows as one chunk of text. I'd love for it to add each line on it's own line. NOTE: I can't use concatenate or Equals because it can be any combination of language so it might be one line on this contract and 3 on the next and 4 on the next and so on.

What I tried already:
I tried adding every line break code I could come across, HTML and formulas code ( BR() ) without any success. I also read a post on this forum about how to use a text template but that only works for concatenate scenarios. I also tried to add a blank variable with just a space in it and that didn't work either, it removed the space.

I think the issue is the custom setting as I don't think that respects formula codes or HTML, but the SFDC rep said that flows do support HTML.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm down to try things out too, don't hesitate to throw out any unproven ideas.

Thanks for your thought and future responses
Hi,

I am trying call a flow when a user edit a lead records, When a lead record is edited  to change the value of picklist, It should allow the user to change the value for other two fields as well (One is pick list and other is a free form text field) both are custom fields

I have a created a flow for meeting this requirement, Challenge is how to call the flow when the user edits the record? , We can't add button , OnclickJavascript was easier
Hi,

Is there any sample code to implement the items to Approve functionality in the Home Page Layout using Vf Page.

Can anyone help ?
Hello, 

I'm trying to add a new VF page component for Custom Items to Approve on Home page. Is it possible to bring a custom field value of a custom object on to this list? 

Thanks,
Radmhya
is it possible to put the Items to Approve component from Home Tab to a visualforce page? how?
  • February 21, 2014

I am a bit of a beginner at formulas, so hopefully one of you will think this is easy, and be able to help. :-)

Customer requirement:

Create a formula field that displays the Week Number (as Week 1, Week 2, etc), based on the Date entered on a particular record (same object).

Ex: 01/01/09 - 01/04/09 would return a value of "Week 1"  

01/05/09 - 01/11/09 = Week 2

01/12/09 - 01/18/09 = Week 3

and so on.....

Is using the CASE function the way to go, and if so, what's the shortest way to create this formula?

Thank you in advance!

S

• April 20, 2009