• Salesforce Dev and Admin
  • StartupRx.us

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to get a client on Salesforce essentials, does that have api access? only post i saw mentions only enterprise but it very outdated, thanks
  • April 27, 2019
I have a custom object with Opportunbity lookup - not required. I could save a record without a value in Opportunity. Now implementing approval process, i get a flow error, and I have to enter a opportunity value in order to save it, where did that come from?
Error element myRule_1_A1 (FlowRecordUpdate).
This error occurred when the flow tried to update records: The flow failed to access the value for myVariable_current.Opportunity__r.AccountId because it hasn't been set or assigned..
Maybe the Oppportunity was a master-child before? its just a lookup now - thanks
  • April 02, 2018
Need help with comparing and picking data - thanks!

So I have 2 fields that have numeral data (or maybe blank), FieldA and FieldB. I need a 3rd field FieldAB to populate with this data like this:
If field FieldA, has data, pick it.
If FieldA is blank, select that data from FieldB
If both blank, then FieldAB remains blank (NOT 0)

Something like
IF(
    AND(
        ISBLANK(FieldA__c),
        ISBLANK(FieldB__c)
    ),NULL,

IF(
FieldA__c <> NULL, FieldA__c
FieldB__c <> NULL, FieldB__c
), NULL
)

• March 19, 2018
i have accomplished this in a long and manual way with many rollup fields. I think there has to be a better way so starting over, with your help.

I need to calculate the average number of cases per quarter. Cases is a custom object. Rolloup average does not work becasue it counts all accounts when calculating the average. I need to NOT count the accounts that did not have any cases, so my total number of accounts changes every quarter.

I already have a rollup that counts the cases per quarter (in the account object), so i can tell if an account has cases or not.

How do i get the total number of accounts that had cases (case count>0)?

Can Account object be the summarized object, if i create a new object just for this purpose? theres got to be a better way.
  • August 13, 2017
I have a custom field "Hot Dogs Count Q1-2017" (rollup sumary for related MC custom object "Hot Dogs") in Account object. Field is duplicated for 8 Quarters (Hot Dogs Count Q2-2017, Q3 etc)
I need to count the number of accounts where "Hot Dogs Count" is greater than 0, per Quarter.
I  used the roll up count to include criteria for the related object records count.

2017Q1 Counter
if "Hot Dogs Count Q1-2017" > 0 then +1
(Adds 1 for every account where the condition is true)

Trigger? is there not a way to build a counter in a formula? thanks
  • August 08, 2017
How can i check if a related lists has records? to fieldupdate a checkbox, if records in related list, TRUE. Thanks!
  • August 07, 2017
This works fine
IF(CONTAINS("VS:BJ", Owner.Alias), "Legacy", 
IF(ISBLANK(BillingState), "International", 
IF(CONTAINS("WA:OR:CA:AZ:NV:IDMT:WY:UT:CO:NM:TX:OK:KS:NE:WY:NE:SD:ND:MN:IA:MO:AR:LA:WI:IL", BillingState), "USA - West", 
IF(CONTAINS("AB:BC:MB:NT:NU:SK:YT", BillingState), "CAN - West", 
IF(CONTAINS("DC:OH:MI:IN:KY:TN:MS:AL:GA:FL:SC:NC:VA:WV:PA:PA:NY:ME:ME:VT:NH:MA:RI:CT:NJ:DE:DE:MD", BillingState), "USA - East", 
IF(CONTAINS("NB:NL:NS:ON:PE:QC", BillingState), "CAN - East", 
"International"))))))
But i need to first evaluate a Checkboxf field.If its TRUE, then should be done, otherwise, continues.  So when I add (first line)
IF(Global_Key_Account__c="TRUE"), "Global",
IF(CONTAINS("WA:OR:CA:AZ:NV:IDMT:WY:UT:CO:NM:TX:OK:KS:NE:WY:NE:SD:ND:MN:IA:MO:AR:LA:WI:IL", BillingState), "USA - West", 
IF(CONTAINS("DC:OH:MI:IN:KY:TN:MS:AL:GA:FL:SC:NC:VA:WV:PA:PA:NY:ME:ME:VT:NH:MA:RI:CT:NJ:DE:DE:MD", BillingState), "USA - East", 
"International"))))))
I get Error: Syntax error. Extra ','
Reading up on different formatting but cant get it! thanks-
  • December 20, 2016
My inital territory assigment per state works. So Territory (text formula) =
IF(CONTAINS("MI:IN:KY:TN:MS:AL:GA:FL:SC:NC:VA:WV:PA:PA:NY:ME:ME:VT:NH:MA:RI:CT:NJ:DE:DE:MD", BillingState), "USA - East",
 "International")))))
Now I have asked to add an exception based on account owner, but i am not sure how to add this to the formula
So if the owner alias contains VS or BJ, then the territory is Legacy, and ignores the BillingState. Thanks!

• December 17, 2016
I am not seeing it: Error: Syntax error. Missing ')'
AND(
(PricebookEntry.Product2.Released__c,"FALSE"),
NOT(ISPICKVAL(Quote_Type__c,"Budgetary"))
)

• December 14, 2016
We want to update roles, and I want to get a list of where roles are used - formulas, workflows, triggers, etc. I have searched with no luck. Thanks
  • October 20, 2016
I have a custom object with a custom visualforce page layout. Most of the fields are inline edit (picklist and text). It has been used on the desktop for months. Now management is inquiring about using it on mobile. The touch function doesnt seem to replicate a mouse double click.
1- is there any way to have this function on mobile? is this a javascript rewrite?
2- Is it possible to use one object in lightning while leaving the rest of the org in classic?
Any other thoughts? thanks!
  • August 16, 2016
I have a visualforce page, related to the Opportunity Object.
There is a  lookup field (Influencer1__c), which looksup to the Contact object, name. How can i create another field to show the contacts title?
<td valign="top" width="120"  bgcolor="#DCE1E9"><apex:outputField value="{!StrategicSales__c.Influencer1__c}" > 
  <apex:inlineEditSupport showOnEdit="saveButton, cancelButton" 
    hideOnEdit="editButton" event="ondblclick" 
    changedStyleClass="myBoldClass" resetFunction="resetInlineEdit"/>
      </apex:outputField></td>
Thanks!

How would i create a field (formula?) to check if a opportunity has products that can use for validation logic:
IF
productscount>0
AND
Probability>50%
Then - error message " Must add products to the opportunity"
I have a couple questions. The logic is
IF Opp Status is not Closed
AND
Close Date is Current Fiscal Quarter,
THEN
 Value of Field ”Probability to Close this quarter “ cannot be “none”
AND
DATEVALUE(CloseDate,"Current FQ")
   AND(
      ISPICKVAL(StageName,"Closed Won"),
      ISPICKVAL(StageName,"Closed Lost")),
ISNULL(Probability_To_Close_This_Q__c))
1) Does this work: DATEVALUE(CloseDate,"Current FQ")?
2) It can be either Closed Won OR Lost, there should be an OR someplace?

I have an old unused profile here (developer.salesforce.com), linked to an old company disable SF instance. I want to delete it so i can use my name in my current profile. Any suggestions?
I created a VF page for a custom object with a field that is a lookup>contact. When I mouseover the contact on my VF page, it pops up a window with name and account name. How could I get contact.title to show there as well? Here is my current display code (its inline edit field):
<apex:outputField value="{!CustomObject__c.Contact1__c}" > 
</apex:outputField>
Here is a screenshot
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8JYtufLnux9bEJxUHNDWDFYQTA/view?usp=sharing

• April 29, 2016
I have looked and apparently there is noption to stop the scheduler from emailing out when the dashboard is empty.
Any way of hiding the empty dashboard in the email (scheduled) ?
OR can we change the current message "The report returned no results"?
Users think there is a problem with the dashboard. Something like
"There is currently no data to report" would make more sense. 
  • April 29, 2016
I am displaying a few dates using 
<apex:outputText value="{0,date,MMMM' 'dd', 'yyyy}"> <apex:param value="{!StrategicSales__c.Opportunity__r.CloseDate}" /> </apex:outputText>
Which is OK. Any way i can display the date in mm/dd/yyyy OR dd/mm/yyyy - depending on the user local setting? i have US and other users.

• April 27, 2016
I have a visualsforce page for custom object ssr with one related obejct, opportunity. I can display the related opportunity {!ssr__c.Opportunity__r.Name}. Note i just need to display, no inlined edit on this one.
How could i turn that display into a link back to the Opportunity? 
Here is the beggining of VF page - only one Opportunity per page, this is not a list/colums.
<apex:page title="ssr" showHeader="True" sidebar="false" standardController="ssr__c" >
<apex:form >
<apex:pageBlock title="ssr" mode="inlineEdit">
 <apex:pageBlockButtons > 
    <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}" id="saveButton" style="display: none;" />
    <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}" id="cancelButton" style="display: none;" />
</apex:pageBlockButtons>

<table width="1200" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0">
  <tbody>
    <tr>
      <td width="150" bgcolor="#BDD7E7"><strong>Opportunity</strong></td>
      <td colspan="3" bgcolor="#C9D2E2"><strong>{!ssr__c.Opportunity__r.Name}</strong></td>

etc

• April 19, 2016
I need to creeate a filter for contact lookup in a custom object. The custom object is related to the Opportunity object. So the filter should show contacts only in the account of the related opportunity.

The Opportunity is used to set the Master-Detail relationship:
Opportunity  Opportunity__c      Master-Detail (Opportunity)

Shouldnt i see the Opportunity fields if my lookup filters? i only see the current object fields.
  • April 18, 2016
I am trying to get a client on Salesforce essentials, does that have api access? only post i saw mentions only enterprise but it very outdated, thanks
  • April 27, 2019
Need help with comparing and picking data - thanks!

So I have 2 fields that have numeral data (or maybe blank), FieldA and FieldB. I need a 3rd field FieldAB to populate with this data like this:
If field FieldA, has data, pick it.
If FieldA is blank, select that data from FieldB
If both blank, then FieldAB remains blank (NOT 0)

Something like
IF(
    AND(
        ISBLANK(FieldA__c),
        ISBLANK(FieldB__c)
    ),NULL,

IF(
FieldA__c <> NULL, FieldA__c
FieldB__c <> NULL, FieldB__c
), NULL
)

• March 19, 2018
I have a custom field "Hot Dogs Count Q1-2017" (rollup sumary for related MC custom object "Hot Dogs") in Account object. Field is duplicated for 8 Quarters (Hot Dogs Count Q2-2017, Q3 etc)
I need to count the number of accounts where "Hot Dogs Count" is greater than 0, per Quarter.
I  used the roll up count to include criteria for the related object records count.

2017Q1 Counter
if "Hot Dogs Count Q1-2017" > 0 then +1
(Adds 1 for every account where the condition is true)

Trigger? is there not a way to build a counter in a formula? thanks
  • August 08, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I got a email- You have one or more certificates in your Salesforce org that will expire soon. Review the list below and visit Certificate and Key Management from Setup to make an update.

I have resolve it using the steps:
There are few places where a sefl-signed certificate could be used, I identified those

1. Identify Provider - If you are using SFDC as IDP for Single Sign On. 
2. Single Sign-On Settings - If you are using SFDC as Consumer for Single Sign On.

Certificate is used in above 2 places, i edit this screen and replace the old certificate, with my newly created Certificate.

When i am doing this changes i have seen the warning msg  "If you change this certificate, users can't connect to service providers until you reconfigure each service provider to work with the new certificate", ANY OTHER PLACES WHERE I HAVE TO UPDATE MY THIS NEW CERTIFICATE?

ANY SUGGESTION HOW TO SOLVE THIS?

Thanks in advance.
Arpit Bajpai

This works fine
"International"))))))
But i need to first evaluate a Checkboxf field.If its TRUE, then should be done, otherwise, continues.  So when I add (first line)
IF(Global_Key_Account__c="TRUE"), "Global",
"International"))))))
I get Error: Syntax error. Extra ','
Reading up on different formatting but cant get it! thanks-
  • December 20, 2016
I am not seeing it: Error: Syntax error. Missing ')'
AND(
(PricebookEntry.Product2.Released__c,"FALSE"),
NOT(ISPICKVAL(Quote_Type__c,"Budgetary"))
)

• December 14, 2016
We want to update roles, and I want to get a list of where roles are used - formulas, workflows, triggers, etc. I have searched with no luck. Thanks
  • October 20, 2016
to complete my prework for bootcamp i needed to have a developer edition of salesforce. I created one- created username and password, but then went to log in and i can't get in. 

can anyone help me get into the account? username is Maggie@trailhead.com
I have a custom object with a custom visualforce page layout. Most of the fields are inline edit (picklist and text). It has been used on the desktop for months. Now management is inquiring about using it on mobile. The touch function doesnt seem to replicate a mouse double click.
1- is there any way to have this function on mobile? is this a javascript rewrite?
2- Is it possible to use one object in lightning while leaving the rest of the org in classic?
Any other thoughts? thanks!
  • August 16, 2016
I have a visualforce page, related to the Opportunity Object.
There is a  lookup field (Influencer1__c), which looksup to the Contact object, name. How can i create another field to show the contacts title?
<td valign="top" width="120"  bgcolor="#DCE1E9"><apex:outputField value="{!StrategicSales__c.Influencer1__c}" > 
      </apex:outputField></td>
Thanks!

How would i create a field (formula?) to check if a opportunity has products that can use for validation logic:
IF
productscount>0
AND
Probability>50%
Then - error message " Must add products to the opportunity"
I created a VF page for a custom object with a field that is a lookup>contact. When I mouseover the contact on my VF page, it pops up a window with name and account name. How could I get contact.title to show there as well? Here is my current display code (its inline edit field):
<apex:outputField value="{!CustomObject__c.Contact1__c}" > 
</apex:outputField>
Here is a screenshot
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8JYtufLnux9bEJxUHNDWDFYQTA/view?usp=sharing

• April 29, 2016
I have a visualsforce page for custom object ssr with one related obejct, opportunity. I can display the related opportunity {!ssr__c.Opportunity__r.Name}. Note i just need to display, no inlined edit on this one.
How could i turn that display into a link back to the Opportunity? 
Here is the beggining of VF page - only one Opportunity per page, this is not a list/colums.
<apex:page title="ssr" showHeader="True" sidebar="false" standardController="ssr__c" >
<apex:form >
<apex:pageBlock title="ssr" mode="inlineEdit">
 <apex:pageBlockButtons > 
    <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}" id="saveButton" style="display: none;" />
    <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}" id="cancelButton" style="display: none;" />
</apex:pageBlockButtons>

<table width="1200" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0">
  <tbody>
    <tr>
      <td width="150" bgcolor="#BDD7E7"><strong>Opportunity</strong></td>
      <td colspan="3" bgcolor="#C9D2E2"><strong>{!ssr__c.Opportunity__r.Name}</strong></td>

etc

• April 19, 2016

Hi All, 

I am stuck with a requirement where i have "Objectx__c" which is a child to case and i have field on this object which is a lookup to user. 

The requirement is that when the lookup dialog(in objectx) pops up i should be able to view only those users/contacts belonging to a particular account.

Ex : If my case has "Account abc" i should be able to view contacts/users belonging only to  "Account abc" in  lookup and not "Account xyz".

Please tell me how to achieve this through standard functionality. And what can i use to make this work.

Note : I cannot hardcode any accountid here.

Requesting fellow developers to help me on this.

Hi, i want to send a email notification when approval process is recalled. that email should include the comments in the approval page. The mail should go the current step approvers ie., the step at which the approval process is recalled. can somebody suggest how to achieve it??/ it is urgent..

• November 06, 2012