• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello!

I would like to use the apex data loader to insert records to an object that is derived from a parent object. That is, given a parent object, I'd to insert a few children to that parent. However, I'd like to point to the parents by a "Name" or something human readable rather than "Id" which is abstract. Can I possibly do this? I can certainly export attributes that are not ID by using say, Child_Parent__R.Name, but when I use the same in field mapping, I get the error saying that "Field Mapping is invalid". Is there a workaround?

Thanks!
Sam

Hello!

I'm trying to access Salesforce from a web-service, hosted externally, say on the Amazon cloud or another web server. The web-service needs to login to Salesforce, query records, and update records periodically. The trigger mechanism is irrelevant. I have a Python script within the web-service, that uses simple-salesforce to login to Salesforce, query and update records. Now, the script works fine from my desktop, but when I upload to the cloud (say, Amazon web-servers), I get a "permission denied". Is my security token limited to my desktop? I am able to login to salesforce from external IP addresses (home), but not from this web-service hosted on the cloud.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Sam

Is it possible to have a Python backend for Salesforce? I have a Python script that accesses fields from Salesforce (using simple_salesforce) and does some calculations. Now, I want to dump the output of these calculations back into Salesforce. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Hello!

I'm trying to access Salesforce from a web-service, hosted externally, say on the Amazon cloud or another web server. The web-service needs to login to Salesforce, query records, and update records periodically. The trigger mechanism is irrelevant. I have a Python script within the web-service, that uses simple-salesforce to login to Salesforce, query and update records. Now, the script works fine from my desktop, but when I upload to the cloud (say, Amazon web-servers), I get a "permission denied". Is my security token limited to my desktop? I am able to login to salesforce from external IP addresses (home), but not from this web-service hosted on the cloud.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Sam

Is it possible to have a Python backend for Salesforce? I have a Python script that accesses fields from Salesforce (using simple_salesforce) and does some calculations. Now, I want to dump the output of these calculations back into Salesforce. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks!