• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
My use case is as follows

in my flow a user enters a subject into a text input field. I then place the input into a variable. I then perform a record lookup on a custom object to find any records that match that variable. I then have a dynamic choice that displays the records.

When finding records the criteria I am using is
Custom_field - Contains - Variable

this works fine when the custom field is an exact match for the text string in the variable. Example - If I enter Account team in the input field, it will find a record with a string like "I have an account team" in it. If I search "Team account" it returns null. It only matches an exact string.

What I need is to match based on any word in the string. A like function or something similar.

Is there any way to loop through a string and search each word or a way to perform a partial match?
I am launching an autolaunched flow from a trigger. When a field is updated on my custom object, the trigger fires and the flow runs successfully. The problem is the flow updates a field which should fire another trigger. It doesn't fire the trigger. When I update the field manually,the trigger fires. It just doesn't fire when the field is updated by the flow.

From what I have read, a field update should be able to fire a trigger so I don't know why it's not firring.

Can anyone offer an explenation?

Thank you
I am trying to display records from a custom object Questions__c in a visualforce page Accordion component. The idea is to have a list of "questions__c" and when you click on them, an "answer__c" will slide down. can anyone point me in the right dirrection? i have been searching online but most of the solutions involve css and javascript. I don't mind using Javascript of jquery to accomplish this but I need some clearer instructiopns or a visualforce code sample.

Thank you in advance. 
Can a site admin please delete this post for me

Link - https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=906F0000000B17sIAC

I may have included sensitive information in it by mistake and I need it removed.

thanksT
I have created an apex class and email service that handles inbound emails and associates them to a record based on a match in the email subject. The idea is to mimic email to case functionality for my custom object and it is working fine except for one thing. The Apex class checks the subject line of the incoming email for a matching record in salesforce. If the receiver of the initial email deletes or alters the unique field in the subject before replying, then the email is not matched.

I would like to be able to either insert the field into the email Header/Footer or make the merge field Invisible so that it is not going to be deleted. 

Is it possible to hide a merge field in an email template sent from salesforce?
I am trying to create a validation rule containing 2 picklists, 1 Multi-picklist and 1 text area field.

Fields
Picklists - "Owner_Role__c"
Multi-Picklist - "Benefits__c"
Text Area - "Comments__c"

The syntax I have is as follows

> AND(OR(ISPICKVAL( Owner_Role__c , "CSA"),ISPICKVAL( Owner_Role__c , "CSM")) &&  Comments__c = "" &&  ISBLANK( Benefits__c ))

I am not getting any syntax errors but it is not working. It is like it is ignoring the last argument. Even when I change fields to test it does nt recognize the last argument.

The rule should check to see if the owner role value is "CSM" or "CSA" and if it is, then the Benefits and comments fields should be required.

Any help appreciated.
Thank you.
I know this was possible before using HTML component type but Salesforce now has a visualforce component type and the option to "show html" isn't available any more in the editor.
hi all,

I urgently need to edit/delete a post made by me on this discussion forum...But its not allowing me to do so and pops up
saying that 'you cant delete this question as others are interested in it'.
There are no likes and no comments on it still i am unable  to delete it
Any help would be highly appreciated

Its very urgent,
Thanks,