• 20 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I cant post questions using Chrome web browser.  The search bar to search/post questions is not visible in that browser.  I cleared ALL of my browser settings/cache, rebooted, etc...still dont see it.
Missing Search-Post Questions Bar in Chrome Browser
I had to download and install Opera in order to post this question.

• June 26, 2019
When trying to perform a record lookup within Flow, I've found the lookup now crashing under certain circumstances.  I had it in a dynamic query, so it took me awhile to figure out it was because of the lookup crashing that the dynamic query wasn't returning any choices.
I setup a Flow to try to isolate the issue.  I first query a custom object 'interest__c' for a record based on record type and have it return its name and 'Interest_Type__c' (pick list field).  I then lookup based on finding 'RI' in the interest name, again returning name and type.  Both of these queries succeed and return records showing 'RI' as 'Interest_Type__c'.  When I query a 3rd time filtering by 'Interest_Type__c' = 'RI', it crashes with the following error message.
======================================
Error Occurred: This error occurred when the flow tried to look up records: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1590006369-71166 (-548403183). You can look up ExceptionCode values in the SOAP API Developer Guide.
Here is a screen shot of the debug log from this 3-part test:
User-added image
Debug Log Part 2 of 2
  • June 26, 2019
I add a text input field to a FLOW screen. Its an optional field - not required. I later check to see if the user entered a value in to this field using a formula 'isblank'. When the user doesn't enter anything the result of this formula incorrectly states 'false'. My understanding is that isblank() is supposed to be TRUE if the value is either blank or NULL...per this help article:
*https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=customize_functions.htm&type=5
"IMPORTANT Use ISBLANK instead of ISNULL in new formulas. ISBLANK has the same functionality as ISNULL, but also supports text fields. Salesforce will continue to support ISNULL, so you do not need to change any existing formulas."

I created a small test FLOW to easily/quickly identify this issue.
Flow overview
Input Txt ScreenResult ScreenUser-added image
Debugging...dont enter anything on the first screen and press next.
Debug Step2. Results Fail.Failed.  Why is it reporting isblank = false, when the user didn't enter anything???
  • June 26, 2019
I have banging my head on how to enable the 'Activities' tab for a 'Community Cloud' user, as I keep getting the 'insufficient privileges' error message.  I can't see anywhere in the profile settings where you can explicitly grant/revoke access to 'Activities'...but anything that mentions it, I grant them access to it.  As well, I changed 'Activities' so they were 'private' under security setup.

Odd thing is that when I open a contact, I have ability to create tasks.  Is this an issue of Task management vs Activity management?  Ie, the license grants access to create/manage tasks, but not Activities...thus the Activities tab is off-limits?  If so, any suggestions on creating a custom tab for just Tasks??

Thanks!  Tim
  • November 02, 2016
VISUAL FLOW.  My scenario.  I fast lookup and load records into collection sObject called..."Objects".  I then loop through "Objects" using loop variable called "Object" and update some of the values for each of the records within "Objects".  When that loop is done, I loop through "Objects" again a second time (using loop variable again called "Object") and SOME of the values I updated in the first loop arent there in the second loop.  Ie. I'm making changes and immediately looping again and the changes aren't there.  It HAS to be a defect, but as SFDC doesn't support FLOW my understanding is that (like other issues I've run across) the only option is work-around.  Has anyone else come across this?  Any recommended work-arounds or better clarity on what the specific issue is to help me work out a good alternative?
  • October 04, 2016
Within Visual Flow....Is there a way to perform a Fast Lookup or Record Lookup using a "where in" clause?  Ie. I have 10 objects within sObj collection object of type X__c , and I'd like to lookup and retrieve all objects that have an association w/ the objects within my sObj collection.  I can't figure out how to do this.

As well, I haven't figured out how to do conditional searches - ie, lookup all objects w/ status Y or Z.

Thanks, Tim
  • October 07, 2015
Hi,
I have a custom object, X__c, that I'd like to create a custom list button to allow me to select multiple X objects and pass to a FLOW for processing.  The few examples I've found in the discussion forum use both Visualforce and a custom apex list controller.  I understand that I'll need some Visualforce, but what I'd like to avoid - if possible - is creating a custom Apex list controller...or any other Apex class/code (purely out of lack of knowledge, dev staff, fear, etc) and have the visualforce directly initiate and pass the sObj Collection variable to a FLOW.  Has anyone done this?  Can you please provide example code for your visualforce that does exactly this, and a few bullets for any tips/tricks on the FLOW side to receive the sObj Collection variable (if not straight forward)?

Thanks! 
  • October 07, 2015
I am trying to create a trigger that sums up field 'x' on a custom object (CO) into a total field, 'y', for all CO's with the same attribute 'z'.  Note, because this is suming data on the same object, I can't use rollups, OOB nor Rollup Helper.  I tried using SOQL's aggregate function, but the key that I like to group-by for the sum, 'z', is considered non-groupable.  (It is a lookup to a custom object...I don't get why it's non-groupable).  What other options do I have for aggregating this data within an APEX trigger?  All I can think of is via a loop and y = y + z type of thing, but that seems highly inefficient for something that should be quite basic.  Seems like there should be something like a list or map method that can add up values.

Thanks!  Tim
  • January 22, 2015
Hi, I repeatedly have to create contacts, accounts, opportunities, and countless other custom objects as dependencies for testing x, y, and z.  Perhaps I'm doing this wrong, but when I'm implementing a new trigger, I'm creating a test class for testing that trigger, and within that test class I have a number of methods which correspond one-to-one with my list of test cases that I'm intending to evaluate.  Within each of those methods I'm repeating all the setup tasks required over and over and over again....unnessessarily (I assume) adding significant (redundant) lines of code for test prep.

Is there any way I can abstract this repeated test prep into a "subroutine"?  My current understanding (and education) tells me that I can't, that each test method needs to be 100% "self contained"...but I feel that this can't possibly be right due to the high level of inefficiency.

Thanks!
  • January 20, 2015
I have a custom object called AU_c with a decimal field called detail__c, that I'd like to roll-up.  There are three fields/attributes on this object that will be considered for helping with categorization and roll-ups.  Call them X, Y, Z for simplicity. I've added a new field to AU__c called Total_Y_Z__c, and I want to develop a trigger that after insert/update/delete sums up all AU__c records with the same Y and Z attributes and updates all AU__c objects with the same Y and Z attributes with the new total - not just the one(s) that were in the trigger.

Is there a SOQL statement, or "work-around", that allows me to select records according to a specific combination of fields?  In this case I want to select all records from AU__c where Y and Z = trigger Y and Z.  I could loop through each trigger.new/old and perform the standard select ...where Y=triggerY and Z=triggerZ, but I understand best practice states NOT to put SOQL within a loop.  Is there a way to write a SOQL statement to handle multiple unique combinations of fields?  If not, is there a recommended way of accomplishing my goal?

Thanks!

• January 20, 2015
Can anyone please tell me if there is a naming convention, or rules/requirements, for naming SOQL variables?  It took me FOREVER to try figuring out why my test method wasn't working...throwing an " unexpected token: 'List' " error.  I changed the variable name from '1stWR' to 'dupes' and the error went away and it worked.  Frustrating.  I'd like to learn why so I can at least come away with some education...

****THIS ONE DIDN'T WORK.  It threw an "unexpected token: 'List' " error.
​ // Now we try to find our 1st well revenue, insuring that the "Dupe Well Data" flag for the initial submission is NOT set.
        List<Well_Revenue__c> 1stWR = [Select ID from Well_Revenue__c
                                       WHERE Name = :wr1.Name
                                       AND Dupe_Well_Data__c = True
                                       Limit 1
                                      ];
        System.assertEquals(0, 1stWR.size());       

***THIS ONE WORKED, after changing the variable name '1stWR' to 'dupes'.
// Now we try to find our 1st well revenue, insuring that the "Dupe Well Data" flag for the initial submission is NOT set.
        List<Well_Revenue__c> dupes = [Select ID from Well_Revenue__c
                                       WHERE Name = :wr1.Name
                                       AND Dupe_Well_Data__c = True
                                       Limit 1
                                      ];
        System.assertEquals(0, dupes.size());
  • January 06, 2015
When trying to perform a record lookup within Flow, I've found the lookup now crashing under certain circumstances.  I had it in a dynamic query, so it took me awhile to figure out it was because of the lookup crashing that the dynamic query wasn't returning any choices.
I setup a Flow to try to isolate the issue.  I first query a custom object 'interest__c' for a record based on record type and have it return its name and 'Interest_Type__c' (pick list field).  I then lookup based on finding 'RI' in the interest name, again returning name and type.  Both of these queries succeed and return records showing 'RI' as 'Interest_Type__c'.  When I query a 3rd time filtering by 'Interest_Type__c' = 'RI', it crashes with the following error message.
Error Occurred: This error occurred when the flow tried to look up records: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1590006369-71166 (-548403183). You can look up ExceptionCode values in the SOAP API Developer Guide.
Here is a screen shot of the debug log from this 3-part test:
User-added image
Debug Log Part 2 of 2
  • June 26, 2019
I add a text input field to a FLOW screen. Its an optional field - not required. I later check to see if the user entered a value in to this field using a formula 'isblank'. When the user doesn't enter anything the result of this formula incorrectly states 'false'. My understanding is that isblank() is supposed to be TRUE if the value is either blank or NULL...per this help article:
*https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=customize_functions.htm&type=5
"IMPORTANT Use ISBLANK instead of ISNULL in new formulas. ISBLANK has the same functionality as ISNULL, but also supports text fields. Salesforce will continue to support ISNULL, so you do not need to change any existing formulas."

I created a small test FLOW to easily/quickly identify this issue.
Flow overview
Input Txt ScreenResult ScreenUser-added image
Debugging...dont enter anything on the first screen and press next.
Debug Step2. Results Fail.Failed.  Why is it reporting isblank = false, when the user didn't enter anything???
  • June 26, 2019
I have banging my head on how to enable the 'Activities' tab for a 'Community Cloud' user, as I keep getting the 'insufficient privileges' error message.  I can't see anywhere in the profile settings where you can explicitly grant/revoke access to 'Activities'...but anything that mentions it, I grant them access to it.  As well, I changed 'Activities' so they were 'private' under security setup.

Odd thing is that when I open a contact, I have ability to create tasks.  Is this an issue of Task management vs Activity management?  Ie, the license grants access to create/manage tasks, but not Activities...thus the Activities tab is off-limits?  If so, any suggestions on creating a custom tab for just Tasks??

Thanks!  Tim
  • November 02, 2016
VISUAL FLOW.  My scenario.  I fast lookup and load records into collection sObject called..."Objects".  I then loop through "Objects" using loop variable called "Object" and update some of the values for each of the records within "Objects".  When that loop is done, I loop through "Objects" again a second time (using loop variable again called "Object") and SOME of the values I updated in the first loop arent there in the second loop.  Ie. I'm making changes and immediately looping again and the changes aren't there.  It HAS to be a defect, but as SFDC doesn't support FLOW my understanding is that (like other issues I've run across) the only option is work-around.  Has anyone else come across this?  Any recommended work-arounds or better clarity on what the specific issue is to help me work out a good alternative?
  • October 04, 2016
Hi All

I am getting Error Please select a choice while run the flow with Dynamic choice screen

User-added image
Hi, I repeatedly have to create contacts, accounts, opportunities, and countless other custom objects as dependencies for testing x, y, and z.  Perhaps I'm doing this wrong, but when I'm implementing a new trigger, I'm creating a test class for testing that trigger, and within that test class I have a number of methods which correspond one-to-one with my list of test cases that I'm intending to evaluate.  Within each of those methods I'm repeating all the setup tasks required over and over and over again....unnessessarily (I assume) adding significant (redundant) lines of code for test prep.

Is there any way I can abstract this repeated test prep into a "subroutine"?  My current understanding (and education) tells me that I can't, that each test method needs to be 100% "self contained"...but I feel that this can't possibly be right due to the high level of inefficiency.

Thanks!
  • January 20, 2015
I have a custom object called AU_c with a decimal field called detail__c, that I'd like to roll-up.  There are three fields/attributes on this object that will be considered for helping with categorization and roll-ups.  Call them X, Y, Z for simplicity. I've added a new field to AU__c called Total_Y_Z__c, and I want to develop a trigger that after insert/update/delete sums up all AU__c records with the same Y and Z attributes and updates all AU__c objects with the same Y and Z attributes with the new total - not just the one(s) that were in the trigger.

Is there a SOQL statement, or "work-around", that allows me to select records according to a specific combination of fields?  In this case I want to select all records from AU__c where Y and Z = trigger Y and Z.  I could loop through each trigger.new/old and perform the standard select ...where Y=triggerY and Z=triggerZ, but I understand best practice states NOT to put SOQL within a loop.  Is there a way to write a SOQL statement to handle multiple unique combinations of fields?  If not, is there a recommended way of accomplishing my goal?

Thanks!

• January 20, 2015
When performing a record lookup there doesn't seem to be the ability to perform an OR conditionals only ANDs. For example, when creating your filtering for a report, you can change the conditional action to a custom to filter for 1 AND 2 AND 3 AND (4 OR 5). However this type of custom conditional action is not available in Visual Flow. I've used the conditional DOES NOT EQUAL however that becomes combersome over the long haul. Here's an example:

Within our Campaign object we have a custom field (Campaign_Area_c) with the values of the country and the continental area -> US (united states), CA (canada), NA (north america). If the account is located in the US, then they should be able to see both US and NA related campaigns. 

Now is not so bad, however if you more than one set of these OR conditionals then you end with a visual flow that looks more spaghetti than anything else. Looking for ideas to tackle this issue cleanly.

Regards.