• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello, I will appreciate your help on this please: 
Need help to understand what I am doing wrong.

In developer intermediate section of trailhead
API Basics: Use bulk API challenge

Import Accounts Using Bulk API and Workbench
Using Bulk API and Workbench, import these account records (a CSV file).

This is what I tried in workbench:

Step 1:  /services/data/XX.0/jobs/ingest
Executed POST

Step 2: /services/data/XX.0/jobs/ingest/jobID/batches
Changed Headers Content-Type to text/csv
"/Users/ediz/Downloads/bulkv2hocdata.csv"
Executed PUT

Step3: /services/data/XX.0/jobs/ingest/jobID. 
In the request body, replaced the text with the following JSON text.
{
   "state" : "UploadComplete"
}

Executed PATCH

I am trying to write a SOQL query to return the Field Names, API Names for all custom fields in my org.

I have checked the box for Use Tooling API. When I write this: 
Select Description, Field Name, Id, from customfield 

I get this message: 'only aggregate expressions use field aliasing' 

Can you please tell me how I can write this SOQL query correctly? 
THanks! 

May I please have your thoughts on a potentional solution for the following: 

I want to design a solution for a trash collection company in which we can manage: 
  • A payment system that allows the customers to pay the trasch collection company using a mobile app downloaded from a website 
  • Monitor the Trucks for milleage, fuel consumed etc. which are going on different routes to pick up trash each morning 
  • When a truck stops at a Cul-de-sac the driver does not know which house has paid for the service and which house has not paid for the service - so they end up picking up trash for those homes who have not paid. How can we avoid this? 
Thanks! 

Hello, 
I am getting this error message in my Conference app when I try to assign a Speaker to a Session, I get this error message. Can you please explain why I am getting this error? I am also pasting the code for the Trigger. Thanks! 

User-added image
User-added image
Hello, 
I want to identify all cases that have the 'Case Origin' field set to 'email'. I then want to update these records with a new  'Case Origin' value of 'Phone'. Can you please explain how I would go about doing this? It would be helpful if you can write out the code as well. Thanks! 
I wanted to reach out to get an explanation of these questions. Your comments will help me better understand Apex. Thanks!

Three questions on returning an array or list of strings
When Users are creating a new Case record, I want to prevent the user from saving the Case record if they select 'Re-Open' in the Status field.
Can I use the (ISNEW) function to indicate that a new record is being created. Help with syntax would be appreciated! 

AND
(ISNEW(),
(ISPICKVAL(Status, "Re-Open"))
NOT(IsClosed)
Hello, 
I am getting this error message in my Conference app when I try to assign a Speaker to a Session, I get this error message. Can you please explain why I am getting this error? I am also pasting the code for the Trigger. Thanks! 

User-added image
User-added image

I am trying to write a SOQL query to return the Field Names, API Names for all custom fields in my org.

I have checked the box for Use Tooling API. When I write this: 
Select Description, Field Name, Id, from customfield 

I get this message: 'only aggregate expressions use field aliasing' 

Can you please tell me how I can write this SOQL query correctly? 
THanks! 

Hello, 

User-added image
User-added image
Hello, 
I want to identify all cases that have the 'Case Origin' field set to 'email'. I then want to update these records with a new  'Case Origin' value of 'Phone'. Can you please explain how I would go about doing this? It would be helpful if you can write out the code as well. Thanks! 
I wanted to reach out to get an explanation of these questions. Your comments will help me better understand Apex. Thanks!

Three questions on returning an array or list of strings
When Users are creating a new Case record, I want to prevent the user from saving the Case record if they select 'Re-Open' in the Status field.
Can I use the (ISNEW) function to indicate that a new record is being created. Help with syntax would be appreciated! 

AND
(ISNEW(),
(ISPICKVAL(Status, "Re-Open"))
NOT(IsClosed)