• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
First, we do not have State and Country Picklists turned on in SF...

We have a Web-2-lead form which currently works fine but given that the Address fields on Leads are text fields the user can type garbage in those fields and they will populate once the form is submitted.  We recently modified the html code to force the user to select values from dropdowns in the form for State and Country with the hope that these would populate the fields on the Lead in SF.  It doesn't work, all fields with the exception of the State and Country fields come over.  

So now the questions:  Is what we are trying to do possible without creating special code or enabling State and Country picklist?  And the follow-up question is why would the fields in SF not just accpet the text that is derived from the option value coming from the webform?

Here is a snippet from the web-2-lead form showing how we are trying to write to the State and Country fields on the Lead.

<form id="partner-deal" class="" action="https://wwwcrm.skyhigh.myshn.net/servlet/servlet.WebToLead?encoding=UTF-8" method="POST"><input name="oid" type="hidden" value="00D90000000iXNc" />
    <input name="retURL" type="hidden" value="https://www.skyhighnetworks.com/partner-deal-registration/thank-you-partner-deal-registration" />

<label for="company">* Company:</label>
    <input id="company" class="required" maxlength="40" name="company" size="20" type="text" />

<label for="first_name">* First Name:</label>
    <input id="first_name" class="required" maxlength="40" name="first_name" size="20" type="text" />

<label for="last_name">* Last Name:</label>
    <input id="last_name" class="required" maxlength="80" name="last_name" size="20" type="text" />

<label for="title">* Title:</label>
    <input id="title" class="required" maxlength="40" name="title" size="20" type="text" />

<label for="email">* Email:</label>
    <input id="email" class="required valid-email" maxlength="80" name="email" size="20" type="text" />

<label for="phone">* Phone:</label>
    <input id="phone" class="required valid-phone" maxlength="40" name="phone" size="20" type="text" />

<label for="street">* Street:</label>
    <input id="street" class="required" maxlength="100" name="street" size="20" type="text" />

<label for="city">* City:</label>
    <input id="city" class="required" maxlength="40" name="city" size="20" type="text" />

<label for="country">* Country:</label>
    <div input id="country" class=" control-wrap-select"> <select id=" country" class="required" title="Country" name=" country"><option value="">--None--</option>
            <option value="United Kingdom">United Kingdom</option>
            <option value="United States">United States</option>
            <option value="-----">-----</option>
            <option value="Afghanistan">Afghanistan</option>
            <option value="Albania">Albania</option>
            <option value="Algeria">Algeria</option>
            <option value="American Samoa">American Samoa</option>
            <option value="Andorra">Andorra</option>
            <option value="Angola">Angola</option>
            <option value="Anguilla">Anguilla</option>
            <option value="Antigua and Barbuda">Antigua and Barbuda</option>
            <option value="Argentina">Argentina</option>
            <option value="Armenia">Armenia</option>
            <option value="Aruba">Aruba</option>
            <option value="Australia">Australia</option>
            <option value="Austria">Austria</option>
            <option value="Azerbaijan">Azerbaijan</option>
            <option value="Bahamas">Bahamas</option>
            <option value="Bahrain">Bahrain</option>

<label for="state">* State/Province:</label>
    <div input id="state" class=" control-wrap-select">            <select id=" state " class="required" title="State/Province" name=" state">
            <option value="">--None--</option>
            <option value="AK">AK</option>
            <option value="AL">AL</option>
            <option value="AR">AR</option>
            <option value="AZ">AZ</option>
            <option value="CA">CA</option>
            <option value="CO">CO</option>
            <option value="CT">CT</option>

I have Mass Edit and Mass Update installed in both my Sandbox and Production orgs. When I switch to Lightning Experience the Mass Edit and Mass Update buttons appear on Opportunity and Account Lists but there is no way to actually select individual records to do the Mass Edit/Update funcitons.  Clicking either of the buttons will launch the app but with no records selected you can't do anything and/or you get an error message.  I know I can change back to Classic view to do the edits and updates but if it doesn't work in Lightning maybe they should not dispaly the buttons (?)
We have a Web-to-Lead form that currently has a user enter a date which maps to a field on the Lead. However I want to take off the user entered date on the web form and just have the system date (date only) be pulled into the same Lead field.

This is what is in the current web to lead form:
<span class="dateInput dateOnlyInput"><input class="required valid-date" id="00N90000009aVvP" type="text" name="00N90000009aVvP" placeholder="MM/DD/YYYY" size="12" /></span>

I'm thinking this is pretty easily done.

Thanks
Mike

Am I crazy or what!
I have a custom object called "POC" that was originally created with a Lookup relationship to Opportunities.  I want to change the relationship to a Master-Detail and get the standard: "You must first create a Lookup relationship, populate the loookup field with data in all records, and then change the relationship type to Master-Detail."

So I run a report and guess what?  All Records in the custom object have values in the Lookup field already!  So why am I getting this particular error?  The funny thing is that I was able to make this change in my Sandbox (albeit with less records.)

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Mike

I am trying to accomplish a validation rule (or set of rules) which "in general" will not allow the user to move backwards in the Lead Status process however there are a few exceptions to the rule where the user can move backwards in two specific cases. 

I incorporated a great rule which allows me to prohibit values from moving backwards but can't figure out how to exclude the two cases where moving backwards is okay.

Lead Statuses (in order)
New
MQL**
Nurture*
Qualified
Customer
Non-Prospect
Unqualified*
Wrong contact
No Loner w/ Co
Remove

Based on of our lead marketing definitions and processes we need the ability to move a Lead who is in the Nurture* or Unqualified* status back to the MQL** status only.

I tried the following, which works great but can't figure out how to allow for exceptions:
CASE( Status , 
"New",1, 
"MQL",2, 
"In Progress",3, 
"Re-Market",4, 
"Qualified",5, 
"Customer",6, 
"Non-Prospect",7, 
"Unqualified",8, 
"Wrong Contact",9, 
"No Longer w/Co",10, 
"Remove",11,0) 
< 
CASE(PRIORVALUE(Status) , 
"New",1, 
"MQL",2, 
"In Progress",3, 
"Re-Market",4, 
"Qualified",5, 
"Customer",6, 
"Non-Prospect",7, 
"Unqualified",8, 
"Wrong Contact",9, 
"No Longer w/Co",10, 
"Remove",11,0)
I can't imagine that what I am trying to do is not possible...  Help is greatly appreciated
Mike

I have Mass Edit and Mass Update installed in both my Sandbox and Production orgs. When I switch to Lightning Experience the Mass Edit and Mass Update buttons appear on Opportunity and Account Lists but there is no way to actually select individual records to do the Mass Edit/Update funcitons.  Clicking either of the buttons will launch the app but with no records selected you can't do anything and/or you get an error message.  I know I can change back to Classic view to do the edits and updates but if it doesn't work in Lightning maybe they should not dispaly the buttons (?)
Am I crazy or what!
I have a custom object called "POC" that was originally created with a Lookup relationship to Opportunities.  I want to change the relationship to a Master-Detail and get the standard: "You must first create a Lookup relationship, populate the loookup field with data in all records, and then change the relationship type to Master-Detail."

So I run a report and guess what?  All Records in the custom object have values in the Lookup field already!  So why am I getting this particular error?  The funny thing is that I was able to make this change in my Sandbox (albeit with less records.)

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Mike

I am trying to accomplish a validation rule (or set of rules) which "in general" will not allow the user to move backwards in the Lead Status process however there are a few exceptions to the rule where the user can move backwards in two specific cases. 

I incorporated a great rule which allows me to prohibit values from moving backwards but can't figure out how to exclude the two cases where moving backwards is okay.

Lead Statuses (in order)
New
MQL**
Nurture*
Qualified
Customer
Non-Prospect
Unqualified*
Wrong contact
No Loner w/ Co
Remove

Based on of our lead marketing definitions and processes we need the ability to move a Lead who is in the Nurture* or Unqualified* status back to the MQL** status only.

I tried the following, which works great but can't figure out how to allow for exceptions:
CASE( Status , 
"New",1, 
"MQL",2, 
"In Progress",3, 
"Re-Market",4, 
"Qualified",5, 
"Customer",6, 
"Non-Prospect",7, 
"Unqualified",8, 
"Wrong Contact",9, 
"No Longer w/Co",10, 
"Remove",11,0) 
< 
CASE(PRIORVALUE(Status) , 
"New",1, 
"MQL",2, 
"In Progress",3, 
"Re-Market",4, 
"Qualified",5, 
"Customer",6, 
"Non-Prospect",7, 
"Unqualified",8, 
"Wrong Contact",9, 
"No Longer w/Co",10, 
"Remove",11,0)
I can't imagine that what I am trying to do is not possible...  Help is greatly appreciated
Mike

I've been trying to use the Excel Connector for the last two weeks to manage the data in our organisation, but I'm having a problem where I get the following error in Excel which is preventing me from using this tool:

Error Generated by request::An internal server error has occured while processing your request.
Url:https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/13.0

ExceptionCode : 5103

The first couple of times I tried to use Excel Connector it worked fine. However I then started seeing this error every time I tried to use it - the error appears after I put in my password in Excel Connector and click Login.

We are on Salesforce Professional. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the toolkit and connector, but it hasn't made a difference. I'm using Excel 2010 32-bit on Windows 7 64-bit.

I can log in to Salesforce in my browser on the same computer.

I've checked that IE is not in Offline Mode, and verified that Excel can actually connect to the internet (pinged a URL using VBA script).

I've tried disabling my antivirus (MSE) and windows firewall.

I've tried changing the server url as suggested by this thread (had to modify registry keys to do this as that field was not editable in the connector.

None of these resolutions worked.

Has anyone experienced and managed to resolve this, or can anyone suggest any other possible resolutions?