Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
As much as I appreciate this forum I have some questions on the way it works:

1. Why can't we paste screenshots
2. Why cant we enlarge screenshots in posts
3. Why can't we edit our own post
4. Why are we forced to mark another's post as 'Solved' when it was not the post but something else we might have found on our own
5. Being mostly a developer forum, why is there no way to mark a block of code as such; instead of having it in an unreadable non-monospace font blending with rest of message
6. Why is there no spell-check; seems like the browser's default text-area spell check has been disabled ?
7. Why I always get a 503 message after every post.

Of all the comments here, only ansari's worked - which doesn't make any sense, as he used an = instead of <>
(And the sad part about the comment is the trail points - the intention is not to get most trail points BUT to understand working with SF.)

The edit validation screen clearly says "If this formula expression is TRUE, display the text defined in the Error Message area"
So logically speaking, shouldn't it be: MailingPostalCode  <>  Account.ShippingPostalCode ??
Which makes sense, as an = would make it negative logic.
Either the platform is wrong or the description is wrong.
Something seems broken of late in the challenges - I have set up roll-up on opporunities correctly, it shows up correctly under each account but challenge is still challenging.

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
An account with a related opportunity did not calculate the correct potential value.

User-added image
Hi, why do I keep gettnig this error in the challenge even though it clearly exists: - What am I missing...thanks

User-added image

User-added image
There is an 'invalid' unwarranted error in the last challenge in VF basics:

There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.QueryException: line 1:47 no viable alternative at character '"

It runs fine:
User-added image

and this is the SQL:
public class NewCaseListController {
    public  List<Case> getNewCases(){
        List<Case> results = Database.query(
            'SELECT Id, CaseNumber ' +
            'FROM Case ' +
            'WHERE status = "New"' +
            'LIMIT 10'
        );
        return results;
    }
}
Hi, how do I rename a file in the DC

Also, why does Open Resource show an an empty box ?

User-added image
Is it possible to have one page containing list of Accounts and list of Contacts using a standard controller ? If yes, how ? Thanks
Hi, I am following the List controller trailhead, but the progress bar doesnt work the way it is supposed to. I reduced the no. of records pp to 5 and it still didnt activate the buttons nor page # - I followed the trail step by step; what could I be missing ? Thanks !

User-added image

Code:
<apex:page standardController="Contact" recordSetVar="contacts">
    <apex:form >
        <apex:pageBlock title="Contacts List" id="contacts_list">

Filter: 
            <apex:selectList value="{! filterId }" size="1">
                <apex:selectOptions value="{! listViewOptions }"/>
                <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" reRender="contacts_list"/>
            </apex:selectList>
            <!-- Contacts List -->
            <apex:pageBlockTable value="{! contacts }" var="ct">
                <apex:column value="{! ct.FirstName }"/>
                <apex:column value="{! ct.LastName }"/>
                <apex:column value="{! ct.Email }"/>
                <apex:column value="{! ct.Account.Name }"/>
            </apex:pageBlockTable>

</apex:pageBlock>
        <!-- Pagination -->
        <table style="width: 100%"><tr>
            <td>
                Page: <apex:outputText value=" {!PageNumber} of {! CEILING(ResultSize / PageSize) }"/>    </td>            
            <td align="center">
                <!-- Previous page -->
                <!-- active -->
                <apex:commandLink action="{! Previous }" value="« Previous"
                                  rendered="{! HasPrevious }"/>
                <!-- inactive (no earlier pages) -->
                <apex:outputText style="color: #ccc;" value="« Previous"
                                 rendered="{! NOT(HasPrevious) }"/>
                &nbsp;&nbsp;  
                <!-- Next page -->
                <!-- active -->
                <apex:commandLink action="{! Next }" value="Next »"
                                  rendered="{! HasNext }"/>
                <!-- inactive (no more pages) -->
                <apex:outputText style="color: #ccc;" value="Next »"
                                 rendered="{! NOT(HasNext) }"/>    </td>

<td align="right">
                Records per page:
                <apex:selectList value="{! PageSize }" size="1">
                    <apex:selectOption itemValue="5" itemLabel="5"/>
                    <apex:selectOption itemValue="20" itemLabel="20"/>
            </td>
            </tr></table>

</apex:form>
</apex:page>
Although my response gets sent, I get this annoying screen each and every time

annoyance
After making changes to a file, Ctrl+S sometimes is just ignored, and I have to manually select from Menu, and even after either works after the 6-7th attempt, I still get the 'not committed popup'
Sometimes it just takes forever to save and system logs us off by then and then we have to go through the whole rigmarole of relogging into a handful of sites just to code again; because NOTHING works after SF logs us off. It just stays on that screen and keeps asking us to login. Have to close EVERYTHING ! :(
I am going to try switching to another browser to see if this is browser-related
So all I tried was to auto-fill the page-block & pageblockSection, and each time it completed BOTH with '="', nothing else on line
Tried this multiple times with mouse and keyboard both behaved like this, could not figure out what made it work for pageBlock after the 20th attempt.
<apex:page standardController="Opportunity">
    <apex:pageBlock>
        =""
    <apex:outputField value="Name"/>

From https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/visualforce_fundamentals/units/visualforce_standard_controllers:

"For example, while viewing the object details for Account, you might have noticed that the Account object has a field called Account Owner, and that its type is Lookup(User)."
All I see is a popup and ability to change user. I dont see any "Lookup(User)"

Also:How do I get to this: "And, if you from Setup click Customize | Users | Fields" ?? I tried all the various Setups in the various consoles, none had this. I also did a search 

$A.get("e.force:navigateToURL").setParams(
    {"url": "/apex/Accountsummary"}).fire();

returns an error that the page does not exist

from: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/visualforce_fundamentals/units/visualforce_standard_controllers
Is there a way to auto fill a basic block when we open a new VF page in the Dev Console ?

A block like:

<apex:page> <apex:pageBlock title="XXSummary"> <apex:pageBlockSection> </apex:pageBlockSection> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:page>

(copy/paste didnt retain the CR/LF but you get the idea)
Can someone explain this clearly to a beginner overwhelmed with unecessary information about the classic Salesforce when all we are interested in is the new stuff ??

Note that both the sidebar and showHeader attribute have no effect in Lightning Experience, and that there’s no way to suppress the Lightning Experience header. Although the default value of showHeader is true, it has no effect in Lightning Experience.

Why on earth confuse us by tellings us to do something and saying it will not happen ?? Screenshots speak louder than words - old 'Confusious' saying.
Each time I make a change to code and hit preview, there seems now way to go back to the Console and have to keep re-opening from main window. What am I missing ?
As much as I appreciate this forum I have some questions on the way it works:

1. Why can't we paste screenshots
2. Why cant we enlarge screenshots in posts
3. Why can't we edit our own post
4. Why are we forced to mark another's post as 'Solved' when it was not the post but something else we might have found on our own
5. Being mostly a developer forum, why is there no way to mark a block of code as such; instead of having it in an unreadable non-monospace font blending with rest of message
6. Why is there no spell-check; seems like the browser's default text-area spell check has been disabled ?
7. Why I always get a 503 message after every post.

Something seems broken of late in the challenges - I have set up roll-up on opporunities correctly, it shows up correctly under each account but challenge is still challenging.

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
An account with a related opportunity did not calculate the correct potential value.

User-added image
Hi, why do I keep gettnig this error in the challenge even though it clearly exists: - What am I missing...thanks

User-added image

User-added image
There is an 'invalid' unwarranted error in the last challenge in VF basics:

There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.QueryException: line 1:47 no viable alternative at character '"

It runs fine:
User-added image

and this is the SQL:
public class NewCaseListController {
    public  List<Case> getNewCases(){
        List<Case> results = Database.query(
            'SELECT Id, CaseNumber ' +
            'FROM Case ' +
            'WHERE status = "New"' +
            'LIMIT 10'
        );
        return results;
    }
}
Hi, how do I rename a file in the DC

Also, why does Open Resource show an an empty box ?

User-added image
Is it possible to have one page containing list of Accounts and list of Contacts using a standard controller ? If yes, how ? Thanks
Hi, I am following the List controller trailhead, but the progress bar doesnt work the way it is supposed to. I reduced the no. of records pp to 5 and it still didnt activate the buttons nor page # - I followed the trail step by step; what could I be missing ? Thanks !

User-added image

Code:
<apex:page standardController="Contact" recordSetVar="contacts">
    <apex:form >
        <apex:pageBlock title="Contacts List" id="contacts_list">

Filter: 
            <apex:selectList value="{! filterId }" size="1">
                <apex:selectOptions value="{! listViewOptions }"/>
            <!-- Contacts List -->
            <apex:pageBlockTable value="{! contacts }" var="ct">
                <apex:column value="{! ct.FirstName }"/>
                <apex:column value="{! ct.LastName }"/>
                <apex:column value="{! ct.Email }"/>
                <apex:column value="{! ct.Account.Name }"/>
            </apex:pageBlockTable>

<!-- Pagination -->
        <table style="width: 100%"><tr>
            <td>
                Page: <apex:outputText value=" {!PageNumber} of {! CEILING(ResultSize / PageSize) }"/>    </td>            
            <td align="center">
                <!-- Previous page -->
                <!-- active -->
                <apex:commandLink action="{! Previous }" value="« Previous"
                                  rendered="{! HasPrevious }"/>
                <!-- inactive (no earlier pages) -->
                <apex:outputText style="color: #ccc;" value="« Previous"
                                 rendered="{! NOT(HasPrevious) }"/>
                &nbsp;&nbsp;  
                <!-- Next page -->
                <!-- active -->
                <apex:commandLink action="{! Next }" value="Next »"
                                  rendered="{! HasNext }"/>
                <!-- inactive (no more pages) -->
                <apex:outputText style="color: #ccc;" value="Next »"
                                 rendered="{! NOT(HasNext) }"/>    </td>

<td align="right">
                Records per page:
                <apex:selectList value="{! PageSize }" size="1">
                    <apex:selectOption itemValue="5" itemLabel="5"/>
                    <apex:selectOption itemValue="20" itemLabel="20"/>
            </td>
            </tr></table>

</apex:form>
Although my response gets sent, I get this annoying screen each and every time

annoyance
After making changes to a file, Ctrl+S sometimes is just ignored, and I have to manually select from Menu, and even after either works after the 6-7th attempt, I still get the 'not committed popup'
Sometimes it just takes forever to save and system logs us off by then and then we have to go through the whole rigmarole of relogging into a handful of sites just to code again; because NOTHING works after SF logs us off. It just stays on that screen and keeps asking us to login. Have to close EVERYTHING ! :(
I am going to try switching to another browser to see if this is browser-related
From https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/visualforce_fundamentals/units/visualforce_standard_controllers:

"For example, while viewing the object details for Account, you might have noticed that the Account object has a field called Account Owner, and that its type is Lookup(User)."
All I see is a popup and ability to change user. I dont see any "Lookup(User)"

Also:How do I get to this: "And, if you from Setup click Customize | Users | Fields" ?? I tried all the various Setups in the various consoles, none had this. I also did a search 
I was solving this challenge and my VF code is:

<apex:page standardController="Account" recordSetVar="Accounts" >
    <apex:pageblock>
        <apex:repeat var="a" value="{!Accounts}" rendered="true"  id="account_list">
            <li>
                <apex:outputLink value="https://ap1.salesforce.com/{!a.ID}" >
                    <apex:outputText value="{!a.Name}"/>
                </apex:outputLink>
            </li>
        </apex:repeat>
    </apex:pageblock>

I am getting the list of accounts as required and on clicking on any of the accouts, it redirects to that accounts detail page.
Still I am getting following error from trailhead:

"The page does not bind to the record ID value (in order to link to the record detail page)"
I am getting error message while solving this challenge in Trailhead :

To complete this challenge, add a validation rule which will block the insertion of a contact if the contact is related to an account and has a mailing postal code (which has the API Name MailingPostalCode) different from the account's shipping postal code (which has the API Name ShippingPostalCode).Name the validation rule 'Contact must be in Account ZIP Code'.
A contact with a MailingPostalCode that has an account and does not match the associated Account ShippingPostalCode should return with a validation error and not be inserted.
The validation rule should ONLY apply to contact records with an associated account. Contact records with no associated parent account can be added with any MailingPostalCode value. (Hint: you can use the ISBLANK function for this check)

Error Message is :  There was an unhandled exception. Please reference ID: HKIZNLVZ. Error: Trailhead::TrailheadTimeOut. Message: Trailhead.view: failed to get a 200 response. Made 3 attempts each resulting in a 403 or 500 failure for url challenges?key=%5B%22trailhead.challenge.validation_rules.en.us.192%22%5D.

I am not sure what went wrong here.
My Validation Rule is on Contact Object  :

AND ( NOT(ISBLANK( Account.Name)),
( MailingPostalCode <> Account.ShippingPostalCode))

Can anyone please help with this.