• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi

When you select to make an Opportunity Private then the user ill receive a message to warn the user that the Opportunity Team will be removed. This message does not appear in Lightning. Is it not supported yet?

Thank you

Looks like Challenge 7 is not working for me.. I tried with 2 separated Playgrounds from the scratch and it still fails with weird error, even though I think I've done everything right. I have no idea what else I should try.

Error message:
There was an unhandled exception. Please reference ID: GFXKWRGA. Error: Faraday::ClientError. Message: BAD_REQUEST: Specify a valid value for the source parameter.
I'm banging my head against a wall trying to migrate child data from one org to another using dataloader.io (have also failed using the data import wizard). The steps I'm using are as follows:
  1. I have a Parent table, which I have exported, including the ID field, from Org 1.
  2. I have successfully imported this into Org 2, where I have an extra column called Source Parent ID. Into this I imported the ID from Parent on Org 1.
  3. I then export from Child on Org 1, taking care to take the ID of the Parent.
  4. I try to import this into Org 2. I chose 'Upsert', select my table, then press 'Next'.
  5. I select my import file
  6. Most of the data mapping is done for me. The only think I do is map Source Header of 'Source Parent ID'  to the Salesforce Field 'Source Parent' and ensure the 'Use as External ID' checkbox is ticked.
  7. I save and run, and for my efforts get errors for each of my import lines, stating
  8. " SOURCE: 'Source_Parent_ID__c' DESTINATION: 'Source_Parent__c' ERROR:Duplicate external id specified: a0o8e0000007rzwua2".
Can anyone help? And/or point me at some documentation which explains step by step what to do? I have read a whole load of forum posts, but haven't got any closer to a solution...

when you are select values in a multi select picklist, it will not take more than 3 values,when you are select 4th value that can throw validation error msg.how can i write validation rule to this?
Hi,
I have a requirement inwhich after changing the record type of an account,it change the owner of account to the new owner as well as send an email alerts to the user.For this I created  a WF rule inwhich I have created 2 WF actions:
1 for the Field updates i.e.change the account type the new user.
then I have created an email servicea and use a custom email template.
Now problem when i receive an email,in the opening of an email I receive new user's first name.But my expection is after changing the owner of the record in the email opening i should receive old user's first name.

e.g.if user Dhananjay create an account  of type "Temporary".account is created.now the another user "DJ" change the record type from "Temporary" to "Customer" then  when Dhananjay receives an email from DJ,in the mail opening it should be start with "Hello Dhannajay" not "Hello DJ".

Following are the email template that i used:

Hello {!User.FirstName} ,
This is to inform you that the account
{!Account.Name} has been verified by the CMDO team and created as a {!Account.RecordType}.
Thank you.
Test

instaed of {!User.FirstName} i used {!Account.CreatedBy},this solved my issue but i want previous users first name only not the complete name.In Created by it gives First name as well as last name which is default.

is there any way i can receive old user's first name even after changing the owner of record?

When someone takes the time/effort to repspond to your question, you should take the time/effort to either mark the question as "Solved", or post a Follow-Up with addtional information.  

That way people with a similar question can find the Solution without having to re-post the same question again and again. And the people who reply to your post know that the issue has been resolved and they can stop working on it.