• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,
I was messing around with a lot of settings, and the icons for Facebook and Twitter on the Contacts disappeared. I was planning to try using that feature. Any idea how ot re-ebable it? The Social Apps are enabled under Customize - Social Apps Integration. Any idea where to look? Thanks!
  • April 01, 2015
Hello,
I have set up a custom object called Roster, and a junction object called Contact_to_Roster_Associations. What it does is that when I create a new Roster and specify the year, it generates a list of all contacts that were in that year. It works great in most cases, except when there is a change in the Contacts. For example if I have a contact with year 2015 that is already on the list, if I go and change the date to something else, say 2012, that contact still remains on the list. How can that be updated accordingly? I'm thinking the trigger needs to re-execute?
  • April 01, 2015
Hello,
I am helping a non-profit organizationg and setting up SF system for them. We need to import a list of about 2500 Contacts from another system. I have already created the fields and mappings, and import works. However during the import, accounts are not created and thus the contacts remain private. From there there are tons of other permissions related issues, suchs as the reports and dashboards don't work. I tried importing from both the Data Loader and the Data Wizard. Both don't create accounts, just contacts.
What am I missing and is there another way to upload a large CSV? We have the non-profit package for Sales Force if that has any limitation. Appreciated any thoughts on the problem!
  • April 01, 2015
Hello,
I am trying to deploy my first trigger to production and getting this error. Can someone assist? Below is the code for the trigger:

trigger rosterTrigger on Roster__c  (after insert) {

public set<String> strTypes = new set<String>();
        public set<String> strYears = new set<String>();
        public list<Contact> lstContact = new list<Contact>();
        public list<Contact_to_Roster_Association__c> lstContactAssociations = new list<Contact_to_Roster_Association__c> ();

for(Roster__c objRoster : trigger.new)
         {
             strTypes.add(objRoster.Program_Type__c);
             strYears.add(objRoster.Program_Year__c);
         }

for(Contact objContact : [Select Id ,Alumni_Type__c,  Alumni_Year__c from Contact where Alumni_Type__c IN:  strTypes OR Alumni_Year__c IN : strYears])
         {

if(objContact.Alumni_Type__c !=null && objContact.Alumni_Year__c !=null)
             {
                 lstContact.add(objContact);
             }

}

for(Roster__c objC : trigger.new)
         {
             for(Contact objContact : lstContact)
            {
                Contact_to_Roster_Association__c objRA = new Contact_to_Roster_Association__c();
                objRA.Contact__c = objContact.Id;
                objRA.Roster__c = objC.Id;
                lstContactAssociations.add(objRA);
            }
         }

if(!lstContactAssociations.isEmpty())
        {
            insert lstContactAssociations;
        }
}

More info about the trigger here: https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=906F0000000B2ug 
  • March 31, 2015
Hello,
I am helping a local non-profit and created a SalesForce system for them. I am learning in the process and have no prior experiene with Apex or SalesForce. The organization does training and need to be able to generate rosters from Contacts. I added two custom fields to the default Contacts object, called Alumni_Type (3 letters) and Alumni_Year (4 letters). Also created a Roster custom object with fields for Roster_Name, Alumni_Type and Alumni_Year. The idea is to be able to create a new Roster object by giving it Name, Alumni_Type and Alumni_Year, then the system will automatically pull a list of all the contacts that have the same values for Alumni_Type and and Alumni_Year in the Contacts object. I was advised on another blog that this can be done with a junction object and a trigger. So then I created ContactRosterAssociation custom object, with two fields. One is Contact__c Master-Detail(Contact) field and the other is Roster__c  Master-Detail(Roster) field. I might need to add more fields. I'm at the point where the trigger needs to be created, and have no clue how to proceed. Can anyone help me with the Apex code? Any help is appreciated!
  • March 30, 2015
Hello,
I have set up a custom object called Roster, and a junction object called Contact_to_Roster_Associations. What it does is that when I create a new Roster and specify the year, it generates a list of all contacts that were in that year. It works great in most cases, except when there is a change in the Contacts. For example if I have a contact with year 2015 that is already on the list, if I go and change the date to something else, say 2012, that contact still remains on the list. How can that be updated accordingly? I'm thinking the trigger needs to re-execute?
  • April 01, 2015
Hello,
I am helping a non-profit organizationg and setting up SF system for them. We need to import a list of about 2500 Contacts from another system. I have already created the fields and mappings, and import works. However during the import, accounts are not created and thus the contacts remain private. From there there are tons of other permissions related issues, suchs as the reports and dashboards don't work. I tried importing from both the Data Loader and the Data Wizard. Both don't create accounts, just contacts.
What am I missing and is there another way to upload a large CSV? We have the non-profit package for Sales Force if that has any limitation. Appreciated any thoughts on the problem!
  • April 01, 2015
Hello,
I am trying to deploy my first trigger to production and getting this error. Can someone assist? Below is the code for the trigger:

trigger rosterTrigger on Roster__c  (after insert) {

public set<String> strTypes = new set<String>();
        public set<String> strYears = new set<String>();
        public list<Contact> lstContact = new list<Contact>();
        public list<Contact_to_Roster_Association__c> lstContactAssociations = new list<Contact_to_Roster_Association__c> ();

for(Roster__c objRoster : trigger.new)
         {
             strTypes.add(objRoster.Program_Type__c);
             strYears.add(objRoster.Program_Year__c);
         }

for(Contact objContact : [Select Id ,Alumni_Type__c,  Alumni_Year__c from Contact where Alumni_Type__c IN:  strTypes OR Alumni_Year__c IN : strYears])
         {

if(objContact.Alumni_Type__c !=null && objContact.Alumni_Year__c !=null)
             {
                 lstContact.add(objContact);
             }

}

for(Roster__c objC : trigger.new)
         {
             for(Contact objContact : lstContact)
            {
                Contact_to_Roster_Association__c objRA = new Contact_to_Roster_Association__c();
                objRA.Contact__c = objContact.Id;
                objRA.Roster__c = objC.Id;
                lstContactAssociations.add(objRA);
            }
         }

if(!lstContactAssociations.isEmpty())
        {
            insert lstContactAssociations;
        }
}

More info about the trigger here: https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=906F0000000B2ug 
  • March 31, 2015
Hello,
I am helping a local non-profit and created a SalesForce system for them. I am learning in the process and have no prior experiene with Apex or SalesForce. The organization does training and need to be able to generate rosters from Contacts. I added two custom fields to the default Contacts object, called Alumni_Type (3 letters) and Alumni_Year (4 letters). Also created a Roster custom object with fields for Roster_Name, Alumni_Type and Alumni_Year. The idea is to be able to create a new Roster object by giving it Name, Alumni_Type and Alumni_Year, then the system will automatically pull a list of all the contacts that have the same values for Alumni_Type and and Alumni_Year in the Contacts object. I was advised on another blog that this can be done with a junction object and a trigger. So then I created ContactRosterAssociation custom object, with two fields. One is Contact__c Master-Detail(Contact) field and the other is Roster__c  Master-Detail(Roster) field. I might need to add more fields. I'm at the point where the trigger needs to be created, and have no clue how to proceed. Can anyone help me with the Apex code? Any help is appreciated!
  • March 30, 2015