• 10 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Need to make a decision on whether to use Person Account or Contact on my Org.

Essentially, I need to be able to link a contact to more than one Account - I was thinking of using Contact Roles for this, but it's been suggested i can use Person Account instead. What's the general opinion and main issues with both solutions?

Many thanks,
Nick

Hi All,

Is it possible to write a formula that will check if the value of a certain custom field exists?

For example - i have a custom object called 'Codes', which is a 'detail' object of the 'Contact' Master. Each contact can have multiple Code records. And each Code has to be unique by name.

I want to upload a CSV which will insert records, but i only want it to insert if the Code for a record matches any of the Codes in the name of the Code object.

Thanks,

nick

Hi All,

I have a problem where the data model i have is a custom 'Master' Object which has a custom 'detail' object.

What i need to do is be able to upload a CSV (using dataloader or whatever) - uploading the CSV will create a new 'Master Record' to represent that CSV, but every row in the CSV needs to create a new 'detail' record against that master.

For example, you could think of it like an order form (it's not an order form, but that's a good example) - I want the Master to be a record for the Order form as a whole (e.g. date received, customer, total cost of order, etc), then the detail records (each row in the CSV), should each be an item on that order form (e.g. product code, quantity, total cost, etc).

Is this possible??

In summary - upload a single CSV containing many rows, create a single master record and many detail records each representing a row in the CSV.

Many thanks,
Nick

Hi all,

I'm really new to Apex, so totally clueless right now...

I want to create a related list on Contact that stores all previous Accounts that a Contact has been associated with... To solve this I've created a 'junction' object (called 'Associated Account')) as a M-D of Contact with the following fields:
  • Associated Account Name (Auto Number)
  • Contact (M-D)
  • Account (lookup)
  • Start Date (required)
  • End Date
  • Currently Active (Checkbox - checked by default)
When the Account lookup field on the Contact record is updated, Is it possible to write a trigger that will update a current 'Associated Account' record to uncheck the 'Currently Active' checkbox, and populate the 'End Date'. Then also create a new 'Associated Account' record with the new Account, and Start Date?

In theory it would give an Account history in the related list of each Contact.... is this the best way to attack this challenge?

Many thanks,

Nick
Hi,

I have a situation where a contact can own/work for multiple Accounts at the same time. 

I need to be able to have a single contact record but allow that contact to be principle of mulitple accounts (i.e. not just a role on supplementary accounts, but an actual contact). Is this possible, or do i have to use the Account Contact Roles junction, and just change the role types to be more meaningful? The problem with this is that the Contact Role doesn't appear in the 'Contact' related list; plus I can't edit the Contact Roles related list in the Account object - it shows the Account the Contact is actually linked to....

Any help would be great!

Thanks.
Hi,

I have a situation where a contact can own/work for multiple Accounts at the same time. 

I need to be able to have a single contact record but allow that contact to be principle of mulitple accounts (i.e. not just a role on supplementary accounts, but an actual contact). Is this possible, or do i have to use the Account Contact Roles junction, and just change the role types to be more meaningful? The problem with this is that the Contact Role doesn't appear in the 'Contact' related list; plus I can't edit the Contact Roles related list in the Account object - it shows the Account the Contact is actually linked to....

Any help would be great!

Thanks.

Need to make a decision on whether to use Person Account or Contact on my Org.

Essentially, I need to be able to link a contact to more than one Account - I was thinking of using Contact Roles for this, but it's been suggested i can use Person Account instead. What's the general opinion and main issues with both solutions?

Many thanks,
Nick

Hi all,

I'm really new to Apex, so totally clueless right now...

I want to create a related list on Contact that stores all previous Accounts that a Contact has been associated with... To solve this I've created a 'junction' object (called 'Associated Account')) as a M-D of Contact with the following fields:
  • Associated Account Name (Auto Number)
  • Contact (M-D)
  • Account (lookup)
  • Start Date (required)
  • End Date
  • Currently Active (Checkbox - checked by default)
When the Account lookup field on the Contact record is updated, Is it possible to write a trigger that will update a current 'Associated Account' record to uncheck the 'Currently Active' checkbox, and populate the 'End Date'. Then also create a new 'Associated Account' record with the new Account, and Start Date?

In theory it would give an Account history in the related list of each Contact.... is this the best way to attack this challenge?

Many thanks,

Nick
Hi,

Any help would be great!

Thanks.