• Global Tech & Resources

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
For "Using Report Builder"...

I think it would be better if it told people to use "Closed equal FALSE" as the filter. That way people are learning to use that field more and not rely on Closed Won and Closed Lost stage names.

Just an opinion. 
I'm getting the error "The outputLink component is not binding to the ID of a case" for this challenge. I've checked several threads on here and I'm almost certain it should be correct. It does link to the details page for the case. 

I initially just had the ID linking but have changed it so both case number and id link via id in case that mattered. 

I've also previously tried having a complete url as the value but no luck. 

Any help would be appreciated.

<apex:page controller="NewCaseListController">

<apex:pageBlock title="New Case List" id="cases_list">

<apex:repeat value="{! newcases }" var="cases">

<apex:outputLink value="/{! cases.id}">
        ID:  {! cases.id }
        </apex:outputLink><br/>
        Case Number:  {! cases.CaseNumber }

</apex:repeat>

</apex:pageBlock>
This is my code for the Trailhead  Displaying Records, Fields, and Tables challenge:

Code for challedge

This is my output:
output

They challenge fails but I am displaying all content.. Please let me know what is wrong.

Hello,

I was going throught Trailhead tutorial for Sales Force and under Data Security I found this challenge to,

"Create a 'Account Reviewer' profile which should only have read access to the Account object (and no access to any other object in the Org)."

When I am creating Account Reviewer profile, it is by default linked to all the objects. I am not able to see any Edit button while going inside Account Reviewer profile and select only Account object.

Can anyone please help me !!!

I'm trying to complete the Importing Data module, and after I download the CSV file and attempt to upload it, I continue to get this error:

contacts_to_import.csv
There was a problem uploading the CSV file. Try again, or choose another file.

This has happened to me in the past when usnig the import wizard but I cannot recall how I moved past the error.

Hi,

I am trying to learn module "Using CSS and JavaScript Mobile Frameworks" in Visualforce Trailhead. However, even after following the instructions in the module, I am unable to get any output. My preview window is blank. Does anyone else face this problem. Please help.
Is anyone encountering this error :

"Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Set Case to Escalated' Workflow field update action was not found."

Not sure what's going wrong, but the action sure is there !
Hi,

I've custom object called csatsurvey__c and have a lookup field contact__c

Multiple surveys can be tied to single contact. I want to calculate average of survey field(numberic) and update it on contact field. 

Below query works fine in the trigger, 

select contact__c Id,avg(Client_Service_Overall_Satisfaction__c) overallAverage FROM CSATSurvey__c WHERE contact__c!=null and contact__c in :contactids group by contact__c
however it calculates average of all available related records. I want to include only most recent 5 surveys in calculation. I cannot limit here in the above query as it limits actual aggregate result. 

If I query on contact object I cannot use aggregate function on sub query, getting error - only root queries support aggregate expressions

SELECT ID, (Select Id, avg(Client_Service_Overall_Satisfaction__c) from CSATSurveys order by createddate desc LIMIT 5) from Contact Where ID in contactIds

Whats the best way to achive it?

Hi there, The below script works well on case list views. however the problem is with the refresh, after the page refresh list view changes to something else. It not showing the selected list view, instead it's showing the first view or random(not sure). 

Is there way to update records, refresh the list view and select the same list view ? 

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/34.0/connection.js")} 

var records = {!GETRECORDIDS($ObjectType.Case)}; 
var newRecords = []; 

if (records[0] == null) 

alert("Please select at least one row") 

else 

for (var n=0; n<records.length; n++) { 
var c = new sforce.SObject("Case"); 
c.id = records[n]; 
c.Status = "Canceled"; 
c.ownerid='{!$User.Id}'; 
newRecords.push(c); 

result = sforce.connection.update(newRecords); 
window.location.reload(); 
}

Hi all,

My formula working fine for all the criteria except the last one, my criteria is,
If
Age in hours > 3 = Red 
Age in hours > 1.5 = Warning 
Age in hours < 1.5 = Green

severity = S1 or S2 and Age in hours > 6 = Red
severity = S1 or S2 and Age in hours > 3 = Warning
severity = S1 or S2 and Age in hours > 6 = Green

severity = S3 and Type= Data/Methodology and Age in hours > 24 = Red
severity = S3 and Type= Data/Methodology and Age in hours > 12 = Warning
severity = S3 and Type= Data/Methodology and Age in hours < 12 = Green

severity = S3 and Type= Functional and Age in hours > 744 = Red
severity = S3 and Type= Functional and Age in hours > 372 = Warning
severity = S3 and Type= Functional and Age in hours > 372 = Green

So i defined like this,

IF(Age_in_Hours__c > 3, IMAGE("/img/msg_icons/error16.png","Violation"), 
IF(Age_in_Hours__c > 1.5, IMAGE("/img/msg_icons/warning16.png","Warning"), 
IF(Age_in_Hours__c < 1.5, IMAGE("/img/msg_icons/confirm16.png","Success"), 

IF(AND((ISPICKVAL(Severity__c, 'S1')||(ISPICKVAL(Severity__c, 'S2'))),Age_in_Hours__c > 6), IMAGE("/img/msg_icons/error16.png","Violation"), 
IF(AND((ISPICKVAL(Severity__c, 'S1')||(ISPICKVAL(Severity__c, 'S2'))),Age_in_Hours__c > 3), IMAGE("/img/msg_icons/warning16.png","Warning"), 
IF(AND((ISPICKVAL(Severity__c, 'S1')||(ISPICKVAL(Severity__c, 'S2'))),Age_in_Hours__c < 3), IMAGE("/img/msg_icons/confirm16.png","Success"), 

IF(AND(ISPICKVAL(Severity__c, 'S3'),ISPICKVAL(Type, 'Data/Methodology'),Age_in_Hours__c > 24), IMAGE("/img/msg_icons/error16.png","Violation"), 
IF(AND(ISPICKVAL(Severity__c, 'S3'),ISPICKVAL(Type, 'Data/Methodology'),Age_in_Hours__c > 12), IMAGE("/img/msg_icons/warning16.png","Warning"), 
IF(AND(ISPICKVAL(Severity__c, 'S3'),ISPICKVAL(Type, 'Data/Methodology'),Age_in_Hours__c < 12), IMAGE("/img/msg_icons/confirm16.png","Success"), 

IF((ISPICKVAL(Severity__c, 'S3')&& ISPICKVAL(Type, 'Functional')&&Age_in_Hours__c > 744), IMAGE("/img/msg_icons/error16.png","Violation"), 
IF((ISPICKVAL(Severity__c, 'S3')&&ISPICKVAL(Type, 'Functional')&&Age_in_Hours__c > 372), IMAGE("/img/msg_icons/warning16.png","Warning"), 
IF((ISPICKVAL(Severity__c, 'S3')&&ISPICKVAL(Type, 'Functional')&&Age_in_Hours__c < 372), IMAGE("/img/msg_icons/confirm16.png","Success"), 

IMAGE("/img/msg_icons/confirm16.png","Success")))))))))))))

If severity = S3 and type = Functional and Age in hours < 372,
I'm getting red flag instead of green, not sure what I'm missing. 

Appreciate greatly if anyone can help me on fixing this or can provide simplified formula for this.

Thanks,
Sakthi 
Hi there, The below script works well on case list views. however the problem is with the refresh, after the page refresh list view changes to something else. It not showing the selected list view, instead it's showing the first view or random(not sure). 

Is there way to update records, refresh the list view and select the same list view ? 

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/34.0/connection.js")} 

var records = {!GETRECORDIDS($ObjectType.Case)}; 
var newRecords = []; 

if (records[0] == null) 

alert("Please select at least one row") 

else 

for (var n=0; n<records.length; n++) { 
var c = new sforce.SObject("Case"); 
c.id = records[n]; 
c.Status = "Canceled"; 
c.ownerid='{!$User.Id}'; 
newRecords.push(c); 

result = sforce.connection.update(newRecords); 
window.location.reload(); 
}

I am going through the rigorous process to do trailhead on my personal account and not my work account. I've revieced 100% on everything on my old account... Going through https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/force_com_dev_beginner/starting_force_com/starting_tour
i got 50% and the app said I need to fill out one of the questions which was already filled and for some reason unchecked my answer leaving NO response for 1 question. 

I've been deducted 50 points which I think is terrible. Any chance on getting this rectified? I don't like knowing and submitting the 100% correct answers only to get less points.
I'm not a native english speaker but the wording on the challenge for ISVs, Packaging and AppExchange seem wrong to me. None of the features are available in the Lightning Experience and the None of the above answer is rated as correct. However the question has a NOT in it so the answer then becomes: None of the above are not available.... See attached screenshotUser-added image
Hi all,

My formula working fine for all the criteria except the last one, my criteria is,
If
Age in hours > 3 = Red 
Age in hours > 1.5 = Warning 
Age in hours < 1.5 = Green

severity = S1 or S2 and Age in hours > 6 = Red
severity = S1 or S2 and Age in hours > 3 = Warning
severity = S1 or S2 and Age in hours > 6 = Green

severity = S3 and Type= Data/Methodology and Age in hours > 24 = Red
severity = S3 and Type= Data/Methodology and Age in hours > 12 = Warning
severity = S3 and Type= Data/Methodology and Age in hours < 12 = Green

severity = S3 and Type= Functional and Age in hours > 744 = Red
severity = S3 and Type= Functional and Age in hours > 372 = Warning
severity = S3 and Type= Functional and Age in hours > 372 = Green

So i defined like this,

IF(Age_in_Hours__c > 3, IMAGE("/img/msg_icons/error16.png","Violation"), 
IF(Age_in_Hours__c > 1.5, IMAGE("/img/msg_icons/warning16.png","Warning"), 
IF(Age_in_Hours__c < 1.5, IMAGE("/img/msg_icons/confirm16.png","Success"), 

IF(AND((ISPICKVAL(Severity__c, 'S1')||(ISPICKVAL(Severity__c, 'S2'))),Age_in_Hours__c > 6), IMAGE("/img/msg_icons/error16.png","Violation"), 
IF(AND((ISPICKVAL(Severity__c, 'S1')||(ISPICKVAL(Severity__c, 'S2'))),Age_in_Hours__c > 3), IMAGE("/img/msg_icons/warning16.png","Warning"), 
IF(AND((ISPICKVAL(Severity__c, 'S1')||(ISPICKVAL(Severity__c, 'S2'))),Age_in_Hours__c < 3), IMAGE("/img/msg_icons/confirm16.png","Success"), 

IF(AND(ISPICKVAL(Severity__c, 'S3'),ISPICKVAL(Type, 'Data/Methodology'),Age_in_Hours__c > 24), IMAGE("/img/msg_icons/error16.png","Violation"), 
IF(AND(ISPICKVAL(Severity__c, 'S3'),ISPICKVAL(Type, 'Data/Methodology'),Age_in_Hours__c > 12), IMAGE("/img/msg_icons/warning16.png","Warning"), 
IF(AND(ISPICKVAL(Severity__c, 'S3'),ISPICKVAL(Type, 'Data/Methodology'),Age_in_Hours__c < 12), IMAGE("/img/msg_icons/confirm16.png","Success"), 

IF((ISPICKVAL(Severity__c, 'S3')&& ISPICKVAL(Type, 'Functional')&&Age_in_Hours__c > 744), IMAGE("/img/msg_icons/error16.png","Violation"), 
IF((ISPICKVAL(Severity__c, 'S3')&&ISPICKVAL(Type, 'Functional')&&Age_in_Hours__c > 372), IMAGE("/img/msg_icons/warning16.png","Warning"), 
IF((ISPICKVAL(Severity__c, 'S3')&&ISPICKVAL(Type, 'Functional')&&Age_in_Hours__c < 372), IMAGE("/img/msg_icons/confirm16.png","Success"), 

IMAGE("/img/msg_icons/confirm16.png","Success")))))))))))))

If severity = S3 and type = Functional and Age in hours < 372,
I'm getting red flag instead of green, not sure what I'm missing. 

Appreciate greatly if anyone can help me on fixing this or can provide simplified formula for this.

Thanks,
Sakthi 
I keep on getting this error message when checking challeng. Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'LEAD Trend by Source' dashboard component is not a pie chart.
I having troube getting past this module. Could someone share their walkthrough with me?  Thanks
For "Using Report Builder"...

I think it would be better if it told people to use "Closed equal FALSE" as the filter. That way people are learning to use that field more and not rely on Closed Won and Closed Lost stage names.

Just an opinion. 
I'm getting the error "The outputLink component is not binding to the ID of a case" for this challenge. I've checked several threads on here and I'm almost certain it should be correct. It does link to the details page for the case. 

I initially just had the ID linking but have changed it so both case number and id link via id in case that mattered. 

I've also previously tried having a complete url as the value but no luck. 

Any help would be appreciated.

<apex:page controller="NewCaseListController">

<apex:pageBlock title="New Case List" id="cases_list">

<apex:repeat value="{! newcases }" var="cases">

ID:  {! cases.id }
        Case Number:  {! cases.CaseNumber }

</apex:repeat>

</apex:pageBlock>
I went through and completed the Admin Beginner trailhead last night - it showed 6 or 7 badges and over 8000 points - today, it's showing 1 badge and 900 points ... =(
I need a validation rule for Multi Picklist to prevent users from uploading values other than the defined Multiselect picklist values.

For example I have 5 values defined for MSP, howwever users can upload any othe values from API and I need to restrict that.

Thanks
I am doing the Handling Events with Client-Side controllers for the Lightning components study. I created the following:
the javascript modules : PhoneNumberInput and PhoneNumberOutput
The phone number input file contains
<aura:component >
    <aura:registerEvent name="PhoneNumEvent" type="c:PhoneNumEvent"/>
    <ui:inputPhone aura:id="phone" label="phone" />
    <ui:button label="Show Phone" press="{!c.postphone}" />
</aura:component>

The event fle PhoneNumberEvent.evt  - I believe that this is the file name I was supposed to use.
and the application file PhoneNumber.app  - Not sure what file name to use.

Everything runs fine, the problem is when I check the results I get the error:
Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
The 'PhoneNumberEvent' event is not of type 'APPLICATION'.

Hi,

I am trying to learn module "Using CSS and JavaScript Mobile Frameworks" in Visualforce Trailhead. However, even after following the instructions in the module, I am unable to get any output. My preview window is blank. Does anyone else face this problem. Please help.
Is anyone encountering this error :

"Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Set Case to Escalated' Workflow field update action was not found."

Not sure what's going wrong, but the action sure is there !