• 25 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
When users click on a link that is in a detail link, I want to redirect them to another page related to that link. How can I do this internally with Salesforce? Workflow rule? Field update with the ID of the new URL I want the user to be sent to?

Thanks!
I am trying to write a custom formula field. I am trying

IF(
NOT(
ISPICKVAL( Picklist_Item__r.Type  = "Individual"),
Desired_Output__c,
Else_Desired_Output__c
))

The error I'm getting is that a ) is missing but it highlights a ,

Thanks!
I have a WFR firing an email when a percent field is 70% or greater. It has the criteria, Custom % field greater or equal to 70. It fires anytime the record is edited though, even if the field in the criteria is entered as 35% or something below the 70 threshold. I am trying to change the criteria to a formula where the custom field >= 70 && custom field <> <70.

SF doesn't like that syntax.

Any ideas?
I have a percent field where a user can input any number they want. It's a 3.3 percent field. I create a word document for form generation and can reference the API of the field to pull the percent into the form, however, SF only renders out the field as 25.125 for instance, without the % symbol. This field is not always required. I am trying to find a way to append the % sign to the end of the number if that field is populated.

Any ideas? I've been truckin away on this for about 27 hours now.
I am making a word document that will be used for form gen. I know how to reference an object and fields on that object with their APIs. How could I reference the items in a picklist from an object that don't APIs? I was thinking with a filter but wasn't sure about the formatting for that.

Any help is appreciated!
We have a bunch of headshots of employees that we want to upload into our org. Can data loader do this? What would the best way to do this be?
How can I make a field required only if a certain item is selected in a seperate picklist field on the same custom object?
How would I go about making two separate lists of items in my scope in a batch that return different records based on criteria? I want to send out separate emails to each list.
I have a scheduled batch that runs nightly. When it sends out the emails, they send from my personal address. How can I change the from address to system created email?
I have a batch that sends out an email but it needs to send the email to only the people that fit the criteria created and each email contains a link specific to that person (a record they own). How should I do this with an array?
I have a batch and it sends an email out at the end to users who fit a certain criteria. In each email, I need to include a specific salesforce link to a record that's owned by them. What's the best way to do this? I imagined I would run through getBaseUrl() and then add a '/' then the custom link to that specific record. Just not sure how to get that specific Id that pertains to that person in that instance.
I need to send an email out to whoever fits the criteria of my sched batch. The batch runs nightly. So I will need it to email different people each time. Also, I need to include a link to the record they should be adjusting and the record link will be specific to them. What's the best way to do this in my batch?
I need to have this as my where clause in a SOQL query in Sublime so I only pull records within two days of their expiration date. The custom formula field (expiration date) is a date and the Today() is a system function so it's obviously a datetime and this gives me parsing errors in dev console query editor. Also, what would I put to take 2 days off the expiration date? Would the - 2 work?
I am trying to come up with an expiration date for a custom object's records. The only current fields I can use are the 'created date' of the record and there is a picklist with string values of: 'One Week', 'One Month', 'Three Months', ..... 

I was doing a new custom field on the object called 'Expiration Date' and using the type as date/time formula. Under advanced tab here, I was attempting 'if' statements to assign numbers to each picklist value but got stumped as to the logic and formatting of how this would look.

Can anyone guide me in the correct direction to work on this?

Thank you in advance!
I need to put a trigger on an a time off request object to pull all "future dated" time off requests (meaning all absence requests that have a future time off date and that have been entered PRIOR to the trigger running) and update the "department" field (on the same object) with the appropriate value for each worker. The department can be found on the user's Worker Record (another custom object). I'm not sure how to go about this. Any help is appreciated!
I need to write a trigger to copy a custom rich text field to another custom rich text field on a custom object when they submit the form(the object). How should I write this trigger and do I need a class? And how do I test it? I am new to this stuff but can't find anything that works.

Thanks!
Hi,

I was curious how I could copy a custom object (the entire thing) it's a position opening in a company to other areas of salesforce using a trigger. For instance, if the job posting layout has a checkbox for 'post externally', how could I make a trigger that would, if that check box = true, post the entire job posting to the internal job postings page? I'm attempting to make it so if someone were to check off that they want an opening posted externally, it will automatically, also post it internally. Is there an easier way to do this than with a trigger?

Thanks for any help!
I am trying to write a custom formula field. I am trying

IF(
NOT(
ISPICKVAL( Picklist_Item__r.Type  = "Individual"),
Desired_Output__c,
Else_Desired_Output__c
))

The error I'm getting is that a ) is missing but it highlights a ,

Thanks!
I have a WFR firing an email when a percent field is 70% or greater. It has the criteria, Custom % field greater or equal to 70. It fires anytime the record is edited though, even if the field in the criteria is entered as 35% or something below the 70 threshold. I am trying to change the criteria to a formula where the custom field >= 70 && custom field <> <70.

SF doesn't like that syntax.

Any ideas?
I have a percent field where a user can input any number they want. It's a 3.3 percent field. I create a word document for form generation and can reference the API of the field to pull the percent into the form, however, SF only renders out the field as 25.125 for instance, without the % symbol. This field is not always required. I am trying to find a way to append the % sign to the end of the number if that field is populated.

Any ideas? I've been truckin away on this for about 27 hours now.
How can I make a field required only if a certain item is selected in a seperate picklist field on the same custom object?
How would I go about making two separate lists of items in my scope in a batch that return different records based on criteria? I want to send out separate emails to each list.
I need to have this as my where clause in a SOQL query in Sublime so I only pull records within two days of their expiration date. The custom formula field (expiration date) is a date and the Today() is a system function so it's obviously a datetime and this gives me parsing errors in dev console query editor. Also, what would I put to take 2 days off the expiration date? Would the - 2 work?
I am trying to come up with an expiration date for a custom object's records. The only current fields I can use are the 'created date' of the record and there is a picklist with string values of: 'One Week', 'One Month', 'Three Months', ..... 

I was doing a new custom field on the object called 'Expiration Date' and using the type as date/time formula. Under advanced tab here, I was attempting 'if' statements to assign numbers to each picklist value but got stumped as to the logic and formatting of how this would look.

Can anyone guide me in the correct direction to work on this?

Thank you in advance!

I want to allow a user in my Developer Edition org to view a dashboard.  The user's profile is Standard Platform User.  The profile has the Run Reports box ticked, yet when I try to view the reports tab with that user I get an 'Insufficient Privelleges' error.  When I try to add a dashboard to the home page I get a message 'Please have your administrator enable at least one dashboard for you to view'.

How can I get this working?

Message Edited by IvanWatling on 08-19-2009 12:20 AM