• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have an apex class that is declared 'without sharing'. This class does some background processing and as a part of that processing, determines whether or not record owners have access to other records. This is accomplished by querying the UserRecordAccess object and filtering on RecordId and UserId (this is not the running user by instead different record owners from the system). 

When I run controller as a System Administrator, I get the expected results (results from the UserRecordAccess query with values in MaxAccessLevel). However, when I run the controller as a user with limited record access, queries to UserRecordAccess for any records that the running user does not have access to simply return no results. I see there is a line in the documentation for the object that says:
SOQL restrictions for API version 29.0 and earlier:

When the running user is querying a user's access to a set of records, records that the running user does not have read access to are filtered out of the results.
I am using API version 35 for my class so I would expect to get results back even when the current running user does not have read access to the record in question (I can query for that record without issue because I am in a 'without sharing' context). Am I missing something here for why I cannot get UserRecordAccess records? This seems like a bug to me since the purpose of the UserRecordAccess object is to be able to check access levels for a user that is not the current running user.

I have discovered an additional detail for this problem. If the current user does not have access to a record, the user can get their own UserRecordAccess, but not for a different user. This is still a problem because I am trying to answer the question 'Does the record owner for this record have access to another record?'. The record owner is frequently not the running user.

Here is a link to a gist for the basic controller/page I am using when I see these results: https://gist.github.com/dsharrison/b0b03c661bf65fc18348.

This question is also available at: http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/102261/salesforce-userrecordaccess-query-not-returning-results 

Thanks for any insight,

D.S.
I have an apex class that is declared 'without sharing'. This class does some background processing and as a part of that processing, determines whether or not record owners have access to other records. This is accomplished by querying the UserRecordAccess object and filtering on RecordId and UserId (this is not the running user by instead different record owners from the system). 

When I run controller as a System Administrator, I get the expected results (results from the UserRecordAccess query with values in MaxAccessLevel). However, when I run the controller as a user with limited record access, queries to UserRecordAccess for any records that the running user does not have access to simply return no results. I see there is a line in the documentation for the object that says:

When the running user is querying a user's access to a set of records, records that the running user does not have read access to are filtered out of the results.
I am using API version 35 for my class so I would expect to get results back even when the current running user does not have read access to the record in question (I can query for that record without issue because I am in a 'without sharing' context). Am I missing something here for why I cannot get UserRecordAccess records? This seems like a bug to me since the purpose of the UserRecordAccess object is to be able to check access levels for a user that is not the current running user.

I have discovered an additional detail for this problem. If the current user does not have access to a record, the user can get their own UserRecordAccess, but not for a different user. This is still a problem because I am trying to answer the question 'Does the record owner for this record have access to another record?'. The record owner is frequently not the running user.

Here is a link to a gist for the basic controller/page I am using when I see these results: https://gist.github.com/dsharrison/b0b03c661bf65fc18348.

This question is also available at: http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/102261/salesforce-userrecordaccess-query-not-returning-results 

Thanks for any insight,

D.S.

Thanks for any insight,

D.S.
Everytime we try to deploy a changed trigger or page we get this error from the saleforce object blocking us from getting our changes we need into production. Salesforce refuses to fix the issue.

Apex Test Result Detail
Time Started 4/23/2015 10:49 AM
Class ChatterAnswersAuthProviderRegTest
Method Name validateCreateUpdateUser
Pass/Fail Fail
Error Message System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING, Required fields are missing: [ProfileId]: [ProfileId]
Stack Trace Class.ChatterAnswersAuthProviderRegTest.validateCreateUpdateUser: line 31, column 1

Does anyone know how to fix this or get salesforce to fix their problems?

Thanks for looking at the issue. Eddie