• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Lab Object is the child of Student objectWorkflow action rulesStudent Object is the Master Object of Lab Object

Hi All
I would appreciate any help with the above scenario, Attached are the screen shots of the scenario.
The situation is :
I have created a Master-Detail relationship from Lab object to Student Object, where student is the Master and lab is child.
On student object i created a rollup summary field called "Lab Absent"
My workflow rule is (Whenever a student is absent for the lab for 2 consecutive days, the "Lab absent" field on student object should update and automatically send an email to the faculty).

******** The problem we have is ---- when the student returns on the third day and is marked present on the "Lab Object"
The "Lab Absent"  field on student object doesn't change the value back to zero and it is still sending an email that the student is absent.

Please advise solution for the above problem and if there is any issues with my logic.
Note: the above situation doesn't involve any coding, its purely using Admin. If there is any coding required please advise the code.

Regards
Ramesh
Lab Object is the child of Student objectWorkflow action rulesStudent Object is the Master Object of Lab Object

Hi All
I would appreciate any help with the above scenario, Attached are the screen shots of the scenario.
The situation is :
I have created a Master-Detail relationship from Lab object to Student Object, where student is the Master and lab is child.
On student object i created a rollup summary field called "Lab Absent"
My workflow rule is (Whenever a student is absent for the lab for 2 consecutive days, the "Lab absent" field on student object should update and automatically send an email to the faculty).

******** The problem we have is ---- when the student returns on the third day and is marked present on the "Lab Object"
The "Lab Absent"  field on student object doesn't change the value back to zero and it is still sending an email that the student is absent.

Please advise solution for the above problem and if there is any issues with my logic.
Note: the above situation doesn't involve any coding, its purely using Admin. If there is any coding required please advise the code.

Regards
Ramesh