• 55 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
My dev org (https://michaelsh-dev-ed.lightning.force.com) does not give me the ability to create a Lightning App with a type of "Home Page" nor am I able to edit my default home page when in the Lightning Experience view.  I'm assuming that this is due to my dev org being on the Spring '16 release.  Is there a schedule/plan to update them to Summer '16?
Hi Team -

I would like to enable Apex Debugger option in my developer org. I tried calling the Salesforce support desk and they suggested me to put the question here. They can't enable and from developer org, I can't create any case also.
Can someone help me to understand how I can enable this option in developer org?

Regards,
Sudipta Deb
Since being upgraded to the Spring '20 release, a process that we have has stopped saving BR() in a formula to the Rich Text field it is populating. 

Formula in Process:
"... next steps." + BR() + "<b>Next Step - ..."
Saved value on the record:
"... next steps.<b>Next Step - ..."
Furthermore, the saved value is different in scratch orgs:
... next steps.<br>&lt;/b&gt;Next Step - ..."
Expected output:
... next steps._BR_ENCODED_<b>Next Step - ..."
The last known time we have it saving correctly is Friday before our Spring 20 release. We began having abnormal results the morning after the release. The last time this process was modified was 12/18/2019.

Was there a change in behaviour that I missed included with this release? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Can anyone else confirm they are seeing this behavior? I need to set a custom attribute in the subject and this is not currently possible. I have provided steps to reproduce my error. I have tested this in both a production enterprise org and a DE org.

Steps to reproduce:
In classic:
1) Navigate to Build > Create > Apps
2) Create new connected app
3) Provide Name, API Name and email
4) Check 'Enable SAML'
5) Provide a valid URL for Entity ID and ACS URL
6) Click save and reopen this new app.
7) Add a custom attribute to the connected app by click new in the custom attribute section. Provide a key and a value. click save.
8) Click edit on the connected app and change subject type to custom attribute. Any empty select box should appear and the app is now unsavable in this state.

User-added image

Once i hit this dead end, i attempted to create a connected app using the salesforce cli. I recieved the following error:
Error parsing file: 'CustomAttr' is not a valid value for the enum 'SamlSubjectType' (14:54)

The enum of `CustomAttr` is defined in the mdapi documentation found here (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_meta.meta/api_meta/meta_connectedapp.htm).

In my research, i found that I am not the only person to experience this issue. This stack exchange (https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/216938/connected-app-how-to-select-a-custom-attribute-for-saml-service-provider-settin) post dates to may of '18
After retrieving a custom Profile based on system administrator using `sfdx force:mdapi:retrieve`, and converting the retrieved directory, I am unable to deploy to a Scratch org. 

Using `sfdx force:source:push`, I am returned the following error:
=== Push Errors
ERROR

Permission ModifyAllData depends on permission(s): EditPublicReports, ManageDashboards

Has anyone seen in this error and able to work around it? I have seen many posts with similar situations but other errors (Unknown user permission: AllowUniversalSearch is another one)

The Summer 16 documentation lists System.limits.getLimitAsyncCalls() a part of the new method to go along with combined limit on asyncs. From the release documentation, it seems as if that limit, and this method, is generally available. When looking in the API documentation, System.limits.getLimitAsyncCalls() still says that it is reserved for future use.

Summer 15 Doc for Reference

Not to rely on documentation alone, I attempted to schedule more the 50 @future calls but was presented with an error for scheduling more than 50 @futures.  When calling System.limits.getLimitAsyncCalls() it lists the limit as 50.

From my understanding, this the new limit is 200 asynchonous calls of any combination of the following:

• Methods with the future annotation (@future)
  • Jobs added to the queue with the System.enqueueJob method
  • Classes scheduled concurrently with the System.schedule method
  • Batch Apex jobs scheduled with the Database.executeBatch method
Am I not understanding something correctly? Is the API documentation correct and this was not actually rolled out and is still being reserved for future use? Appreciate the help!
I am in the process of developing a lightning component but I have been running into issues when using the lighting app builder.

When navigating to People Tab > My User > Edit Page, I receive this error:

User-added image

As you can see, an error has happened during load. Notice that the error is behind the loading <div> rendering it unclickable.

I thought that this was an error in my own code. I deleted all lightning code from my org and tried again:

User-added image

I received this error in the console:
User-added image

In the first picture of this post, I was able to remove the loading box by deleting <div class="auraMsgBox auraLoadingBox" id="auraLoadingBox"></div> from the dom. Behind it was this error:

Uncaught error in umps|NA16$00Dj0000000KmGP_005j0000000S88z_02_7bc8b1ef-5370-411e-8ba8-673ec79653ca|0| : Converting circular structure to JSON

Has anyone seen this before or know of a fix/workaround?

I am in the process of developing a lightning component but I have been running into issues when using the lighting app builder.

User-added image

As you can see, an error has happened during load. Notice that the error is behind the loading <div> rendering it unclickable.

I thought that this was an error in my own code. I deleted all lightning code from my org and tried again:

User-added image

User-added image

In the first picture of this post, I was able to remove the loading box by deleting <div class="auraMsgBox auraLoadingBox" id="auraLoadingBox"></div> from the dom. Behind it was this error:

Uncaught error in umps|NA16$00Dj0000000KmGP_005j0000000S88z_02_7bc8b1ef-5370-411e-8ba8-673ec79653ca|0| : Converting circular structure to JSON

Since being upgraded to the Spring '20 release, a process that we have has stopped saving BR() in a formula to the Rich Text field it is populating. 

Formula in Process:
"... next steps." + BR() + "<b>Next Step - ..."
Saved value on the record:
"... next steps.<b>Next Step - ..."
Furthermore, the saved value is different in scratch orgs:
... next steps.<br>&lt;/b&gt;Next Step - ..."
Expected output:
... next steps._BR_ENCODED_<b>Next Step - ..."
The last known time we have it saving correctly is Friday before our Spring 20 release. We began having abnormal results the morning after the release. The last time this process was modified was 12/18/2019.

Was there a change in behaviour that I missed included with this release? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

After retrieving a custom Profile based on system administrator using `sfdx force:mdapi:retrieve`, and converting the retrieved directory, I am unable to deploy to a Scratch org. 

Using `sfdx force:source:push`, I am returned the following error:
=== Push Errors
ERROR

Permission ModifyAllData depends on permission(s): EditPublicReports, ManageDashboards

Has anyone seen in this error and able to work around it? I have seen many posts with similar situations but other errors (Unknown user permission: AllowUniversalSearch is another one)

When trying to deploy from our sfdx environment to a Sandbox via sfdx force:mdapi:deploy we get lots of errors concerning the Admin-profile and custom profiles:
Error  mdapi_output_dir/profiles/Admin.profile             Admin             Unknown user permission: AllowUniversalSearch

After manually removing each user permission step by step it turns out that we get the same error for at least the following user permissions:
  • AllowUniversalSearch
  • AllowViewKnowledge
  • ChangeDashboardColors
  • EditKnowledge
  • EditPublicReports
  • EditReports
  • EnableCommunityAppLauncher
  • ManageCssUsers
  • ManageDashboards
  • ManageEntitlements
  • ManageKnowledge
  • ManageKnowledgeImportExport
  • ManageSearchPromotionRules
  • ShareInternalArticles
The problem is that those user permissions are added to the Admin.profile-meta.xml again when pulling changes from our scratches. Needless to say that we would not like to manually remove the permissions every few days :)

Thanks for your ideas,
Thomas
LockerService was enabled as a critical update in my DE org. I am trying to create a home page showing multiple charts using Lightning component and Highcharts as charting library.
The charts are rendered fine if I deactivate the LockerService. I get this error if LockerService is active and I try to render highcharts chart:
Something has gone wrong.

Error in $A.getCallback() [NotFoundError: Failed to execute 'removeChild' on 'Node': The node to be removed is not a child of this node.] Failing descriptor: {markup://c:AHM_Home1}. Please try again.
I am using Highcharts version 4.2.3

Code sample: https://jsfiddle.net/ashishn/g81q2vtx/
My dev org (https://michaelsh-dev-ed.lightning.force.com) does not give me the ability to create a Lightning App with a type of "Home Page" nor am I able to edit my default home page when in the Lightning Experience view.  I'm assuming that this is due to my dev org being on the Spring '16 release.  Is there a schedule/plan to update them to Summer '16?
Hi Team -

I would like to enable Apex Debugger option in my developer org. I tried calling the Salesforce support desk and they suggested me to put the question here. They can't enable and from developer org, I can't create any case also.
Can someone help me to understand how I can enable this option in developer org?

Regards,
Sudipta Deb
I have 2 lightning components that do HttpRequest:
- 1st components requests some infrmation that needs to be saved in Salesforce
- 2nd component requests some information for display purposes

Use cases:
- just 1st component in a SFDC community - all works ok
- just 2nd component in a SFDC community - all works ok
- 2nd component and then 1st component in a SFDC community - all works ok
- 1st component and then 2nd component in a SFDC community - it gives me the "You have uncommitted work pending. Please commit or rollback before calling out" error.

It seems that all aura code is executed on one single thread instead of having one thread for each lightning component.

I tried to do the update in a future call but it still fails...
Does anyone knows how i could fix this?
HI All,
what is knowledge article in salesforce? wh he purpose is the of Knowledge artical?

Thanks,
regards,
viswa
Hi All,

We have discovered that some of our apex test classes are missing / not visible in our production org. The test classes are still visible in the sandbox. After we make changes to the test classes in the sandbox and deploy them to production then the test class is again visible in production.

Has anybode experienced this and what could be the cause of this?

Thanks,
Rudi
Hi Folks,

What is the best version control tool for salesforce. Is it SVN or GITHUB.
In case of multiple vendors working on the same project then which is the best version control and migration tools.
Is Jenkins and bamboos free or paid migration tools.

This is urgent.Thanks in advance!!!

Regards,
Krish 
We have a custom object - Employees. I have an Apex class to send an email to all employees. It is scheduled to be sent once a month, using "Schedule Apex". But it fails with an error: "Scheduler: failed to execute scheduled job: jobId: 707G000003Axx2S, class: common.apex.async.AsyncApexJobObject, reason: Too many Email Invocations: 11"

Obviously, it fails due to governor limits (more than 10 sendEmails). Please, find my Apex class below. What is the best way to make it work for more than 100 employees? Should I rework it as a Batch Apex or...?

Any example would be much appreciated.
global class EmployeeMonthlyEmail implements Schedulable {

global void execute(SchedulableContext ctx) {
        List<Employee__c> empList = 
            [SELECT Id, Name, FirstName__c, LastName__c, Email__c, 
                    Birthdate__c, MobilePhone__c, PersonalEmail__c, Skype__c
             FROM Employee__c
             WHERE Status__c != 'Disabled'
            ];

for(Employee__c emp:empList){
            sendEmailToEmployee(emp);
        }
    }

public static Boolean sendEmailToEmployee(Employee__c emp){
        Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();

mail.setToAddresses(new String[]{emp.Email__c});
        mail.setReplyTo('inese@scandiweb.com');
        mail.setSenderDisplayName('Scandiweb Salesforce');
        mail.setSubject('Employee Info - ' + emp.Name);
        mail.setBccSender(false);
        mail.setUseSignature(false);
        mail.setCharset('UTF-8');

String emailText = 
            '<p>Hello ' + emp.FirstName__c +',</p>'+

'<p>Please, check information we have, and let us know if we should update it.'+
            '<br />You are welcome to email inese@scandiweb.com with new information'+
            '<br />Thank you in advance ;)</p>'+

'<p>First Name: '+ emp.FirstName__c + '<br />'+
            'Last Name: '+ emp.LastName__c + '<br />'+
            'Birthdate: '+ emp.Birthdate__c + '<br />'+
            'Mobile Phone: '+ emp.MobilePhone__c + '<br />'+
            'Personal Email: '+ emp.PersonalEmail__c + '<br />'+
            'Skype: '+ emp.Skype__c + '</p>';

List<CourseEnrollment__c> courseList = 
            [SELECT Course__r.Name, Status__c, DateExpectedOn__c, DateCompletedOn__c
             FROM CourseEnrollment__c
             WHERE Employee__c = :emp.Id
             ORDER BY Status__c DESC
            ];

emailText = emailText + mailTextEmployeeCourseList(courseList);

emailText = emailText + 
            '</p>'+
            '<p>Please excuse us for any issues, we are still in process of getting better ;)</p>';

mail.setHtmlBody(emailText);

try {
          List<Messaging.SendEmailResult> results = 
              Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] { mail });

if (!results.get(0).isSuccess()) {
                return false;
            } else {
                return true;
            }
        } catch (Exception e) {
          //System.debug('Exception has occurred: ' + e.getMessage());
            return false;
        }
    }

public static String mailTextEmployeeCourseList(List<CourseEnrollment__c> courseList) {
        String text = '';

text = text + '<p>Course List:';
        if (courseList.size() >= 1)
        {
            for (CourseEnrollment__c ce : courseList)
            {
                text = text + 
                    '<br />' + ce.Course__r.Name + ' (' + ce.Status__c + ')';

if (ce.Status__c == 'Completed' && ce.DateCompletedOn__c != null) {
                    text = text + 
                      ' - ' + ce.DateCompletedOn__c.day() + '/' + ce.DateCompletedOn__c.month() + '/' + ce.DateCompletedOn__c.year();
                } else if (ce.Status__c == 'Expected' && ce.DateExpectedOn__c != null) {
                    text = text + 
                      ' - ' + ce.DateExpectedOn__c.day() + '/' + ce.DateExpectedOn__c.month() + '/' + ce.DateExpectedOn__c.year();
                }

}
        } else {
            text = text + 
                '<br />There are no Courses assigned to you ;(';
        }

return text;
    }
}

My landing page in Classic is a VisualForce page.  I have Lightning Experience enabled.  When I'm on the landing page in Classic and I click my name then "Switch to Lightning Experience", the page goes nowhere.  However, when I go to a standard tab, like Opportunities, then click "Switch to Lightning Experience", it works just fine.  This is affecting all users in my org.

Any idea what might be going wrong?

I'll paste my VF page code below, but there's no reason why it should affect this.

<apex:page controller="ChartClass" title="Metrie Home Page" readonly="true">

<apex:sectionHeader title="Metrie Home Page" subtitle="">
        <apex:panelGrid columns="1" width="100%">
            <c:NewsTicker />
        </apex:panelGrid>
        <apex:outputText value="Viewing {0}" style="font-size:22px;font-weight:bold;">
            <apex:param value="{!chartScope}"/>
        </apex:outputText>
    </apex:sectionHeader>

<apex:panelGrid columns="2">

<apex:panelGrid columns="1">

<apex:panelGrid columns="3" width="100%">
                <c:MetrieNewsComponent />
                <c:MetrieHomePageComponent />
                <c:GamificationComponent />

<apex:panelGrid columns="3" width="100%">
                <apex:panelgroup >
                    <c:Top10OpenOppsList />
                </apex:panelgroup>
                    <c:Top10CasesList />
                    <c:OpenCasesComponent />

<c:OpenTaskComponent />
                    <a href="/007">Click here for more open Tasks</a>

<apex:panelGrid columns="1" width="100%" >            
            <apex:outputPanel layout="block" style="overflow:auto;width:500px;height:667px" >
                <chatter:newsfeed />
            </apex:outputPanel>

</apex:page>

User-added image

User-added image

User-added image