• Salesforce Admin
  • Guidance Software

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Marketing wants to "Integrate" our Marketing software with SFDC. We currently use Eloqua as a our Marketing software.
Eloqua has an integration and we are using it, however, when I place the Visualforce page onto the Page Layout (Eloqua uses a Visualforce page to profile the Contact and Account).
Since we use a Single Sign On, I am getting an error message that looks like this...

The code behind the Visualforce page looks like this and was supplied by Eloqua for "Auto-Login"
<apex:page standardController="Contact">
<apex:iframe
src="https://login.eloqua.com/autoLogin?LoginPrefix=<Login
Prefix>&Url=/apps/salesTools/profiler?emailAddress={!Contact.email}"/>
</apex:page>

Any suggestions for changing the code so I don't get the error?
Other than call Oracle I mean?
Thanks,
We are in the process of moving off an Oracle BD for Tech Services. There are several cases in Oracle, that had emails with specific details about the Case. They are in Oracle as a .eml file.
I need to bring those into SFDC, into the Activities section on the Case Object. If it can be a link, just as if we had sent the email from within SFDC. It only shows the link, like this...

User-added image
Is this possible?
If not as an Activity, I can bring them in as Attachments, but again, they are still in the .eml format.

I have asked in the Admin Community, but they don't know of a way to do this.
Thanks
I have created a custom button called "Log-A-Call" and placed it on the opt of the Contact Page...
User-added image
The code behind the button looks like this...
/00T/e?title=Call&what_id={!Contact.Id }&followup=1&tsk5=Call&retURL={!Contact.Id }
The only issue is when a User clicks the button, the fields for Contact and Account d not populate.
I'm still learning how to write APEX code, and I am not sure how to write this.
Thanks
I do not believe the standard "Log a Call" button can be moved to the top of the page layout but I do believe we can resolve this with a custom button and place that at the top of the page. I could not find the code behind the standard "Log a Call" button so I could "replicate" the button. Is there a place to get this, or does someone know what the code looks like?

On a side note, I wanted to find out what "Best Practices" is for Logging a Call.

Thank you
On our Opportunity page layout, there is a custom button called "Quote". The code behind this button exports the data into an Excel spreadsheet.
I need to find a way to export it into a different format, preferrably either a Word doc or a PDF.
Here is the code for the button now...

/00OF0000003vtec?export=1&enc=UTF-8&xf=csv&pv0={!Opportunity.Id}

I am hoping it's as easy and just changing the "csv" in the formula to "doc": or "pdf".

Thanks
I have a new twist on this project.
I have created two (2) different Visualforce pages for two different training tracks we offer.
The pages are pretty simple, but they pull data from the same Custom Object in SFDC (Training and Certification).
I need to filter the results based on a field called "Course Track". Sales Professional videos need to populate on the sales professional page while sales engineer videos need to populate on the sales engineer page.
Is this possible?

Thanks
Good Morning,
I am having a very difficult time finding a simple solution to this.
I have created a VF page that displays record using a "pageBlocktable". The only issue is that the results that are displayed in on the VF page are not "sorted" correctly. Here's what the results on the VF page look like...

User-added image
As you can see, the recdords need to be sorted based on the "Course Code"...
The code for the VF page look slike this...

<apex:page standardController="Training_Certification__c" recordSetVar="Training_Certification__c" sidebar="false">
   <h1> Welcome to Guidance Software's Sales Training and Certification Courses </h1>
            <apex:pageBlock title="Guidance Software Sales Training and Certification Videos">
                   <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Training_Certification__c}" var="a">
                            <apex:column value="{!a.Course_Code_v2__c}"/>
                            <apex:column value="{!a.Course_Level__c}"/>
                            <apex:column value="{!a.Course_Description__c}"/>
                    </apex:pageBlockTable>
            </apex:pageBlock>

Is there some simple way to do this? I have searched the VF Developers guide and found nothing helpfull.
Thank you
This is a follow up to a challenge I had yesterday.
I have a created a "General Landing Page" for a user. There are two links at the bottom of the page, depending on what "track" they want to follow.
I have a VF page for one track and a VF page for the other track. Both VF pages are pulling data from the same Custom Object "Guidance University". That object is where the Marketing dept. will add all the Videos for the different tracks. There is a picklist field on the object with either a Sales Certification Track or an Engineer Certification Track.
When the user clicks a specific track, I need the BlockTable to display only the Videos that are associated with that specific track.
Here is the code I have now, without the filter...

<apex:page standardController="Guidance_University__c" recordSetVar="Guidance_University__c" sidebar="false">
    <h1> Welcome to the Guidance University Sales Certification Courses </h1>
            <apex:pageBlock title="Guidance University Sales Certification Training Videos">
                     <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Guidance_University__c}" var="a">
                            <apex:column value="{!a.name}"/>
                             <apex:column value="{!a.Topic_Subject__c}"/>
                              <apex:column value="{!a.Video_Link__c}"/>

I am building a Visualforce page that lists the Training videos we offer. I an using a custom object for the training videos and in the table on the VF page, I need to list the "Course Code" for the video. The Corse Code field is a formual field. I am getting this error when I save..
"Error: Formula expression is required for attribute value in <apex:column> in Sales_Certification_Courses at line 10 column 59"
Here is the code so far...
<apex:page standardController="Guidance_University__c" recordSetVar="Guidance_University__c" sidebar="false">
        <apex:pageBlock >
                    <apex:pageBlock title="Guidance University Sales Certification Training Videos">
                              <apex:column value="{Course_Code_v2__c}"/>
                              <apex:column value="{Course_Level__c}"/>
                              <apex:column value="{Topic_Subject__c}"/>
                               <apex:column value="{video_Link__c}"/>
      </apex:pageBlock/>
I am creating a VF page that will serve as a "Landing" page when Partners using our Portal, click a link for Sales Training. The Page is fairly straight forward to create, however I'm not sure how to make it "function" like this...
1. The Landing Page will have a "section" with two web links. One foe Sales Training and one for Sales Engeneering Training. If a partner clicks the Sales Training link, a table of web links would pop up. If the partner clicks the Sales Eng. link, then two (2) tables need to pop up. The one with the links to the sales traininig vidoes, and a 2nd tabel with links to Engineering videos.
I have created a Custom Object in SFDC so Marketing and Training can add or delete the links for the training videos that will populate the table. I just do not know how to write the APEX code to make the tables pop up with the data (weblinks) in them.
I am new to writing APEX code so I am not that good but I've been an Admin for 6 years.
Thanks
Good Morning,
I need some help with something. I have been asked to create a "Landing Page" for our Chhannel Partners when they click a link called Sales Training" on the Portal. This Landing Page will have some basic info but most importantly, a list of the training videos that we have and the final exam once they complete the video training modules.
I need to have a simple "Excel Looking" table or list showing these links to the viseos. The tabel would only have three (3) columns and there are list 15 video links.
That being said, I am sure the training dept. would like to be able to add more trainign videos to the list in the future.
What's the best way to do this, and where would I learn how to write the code for it?
Sorry but I am an Admin. and just learing APEX and so things are still confusing and a bit overwhelming.
Thank you
I am very new to the developer side of things. I am trying to build a Visualforce page to function as a "Landing Page" on our Partner Portal. Partners looking to get trained in our products will click the link and be taken to the Landing Page (my VF page) and I need to create a list of all the training videos they can watch. I need the list of 10-12 videos to line up properly, with column headings. There are three columns, 1) Course Code 2) Course Title & 3) Weblink.
I don't know how to "space" things out or add the bourderlines.
Thank you
I have created a custom button called "Log-A-Call" and placed it on the opt of the Contact Page...
User-added image
/00T/e?title=Call&what_id={!Contact.Id }&followup=1&tsk5=Call&retURL={!Contact.Id }
The only issue is when a User clicks the button, the fields for Contact and Account d not populate.
Thanks
User-added image
Thanks
I do not believe the standard "Log a Call" button can be moved to the top of the page layout but I do believe we can resolve this with a custom button and place that at the top of the page. I could not find the code behind the standard "Log a Call" button so I could "replicate" the button. Is there a place to get this, or does someone know what the code looks like?

On a side note, I wanted to find out what "Best Practices" is for Logging a Call.

Thank you
On our Opportunity page layout, there is a custom button called "Quote". The code behind this button exports the data into an Excel spreadsheet.
I need to find a way to export it into a different format, preferrably either a Word doc or a PDF.
Here is the code for the button now...

/00OF0000003vtec?export=1&enc=UTF-8&xf=csv&pv0={!Opportunity.Id}

I am hoping it's as easy and just changing the "csv" in the formula to "doc": or "pdf".

Thanks
I have a new twist on this project.
I have created two (2) different Visualforce pages for two different training tracks we offer.
The pages are pretty simple, but they pull data from the same Custom Object in SFDC (Training and Certification).
I need to filter the results based on a field called "Course Track". Sales Professional videos need to populate on the sales professional page while sales engineer videos need to populate on the sales engineer page.
Is this possible?

Thanks
Good Morning,
I am having a very difficult time finding a simple solution to this.
I have created a VF page that displays record using a "pageBlocktable". The only issue is that the results that are displayed in on the VF page are not "sorted" correctly. Here's what the results on the VF page look like...

User-added image
As you can see, the recdords need to be sorted based on the "Course Code"...
The code for the VF page look slike this...

<apex:page standardController="Training_Certification__c" recordSetVar="Training_Certification__c" sidebar="false">
   <h1> Welcome to Guidance Software's Sales Training and Certification Courses </h1>
            <apex:pageBlock title="Guidance Software Sales Training and Certification Videos">
                   <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Training_Certification__c}" var="a">
                            <apex:column value="{!a.Course_Description__c}"/>

Is there some simple way to do this? I have searched the VF Developers guide and found nothing helpfull.
Thank you
This is a follow up to a challenge I had yesterday.
I have a created a "General Landing Page" for a user. There are two links at the bottom of the page, depending on what "track" they want to follow.
I have a VF page for one track and a VF page for the other track. Both VF pages are pulling data from the same Custom Object "Guidance University". That object is where the Marketing dept. will add all the Videos for the different tracks. There is a picklist field on the object with either a Sales Certification Track or an Engineer Certification Track.
When the user clicks a specific track, I need the BlockTable to display only the Videos that are associated with that specific track.
Here is the code I have now, without the filter...

<apex:column value="{!a.Topic_Subject__c}"/>
                              <apex:column value="{!a.Video_Link__c}"/>

I am building a Visualforce page that lists the Training videos we offer. I an using a custom object for the training videos and in the table on the VF page, I need to list the "Course Code" for the video. The Corse Code field is a formual field. I am getting this error when I save..
"Error: Formula expression is required for attribute value in <apex:column> in Sales_Certification_Courses at line 10 column 59"
Here is the code so far...
        <apex:pageBlock >
                              <apex:column value="{Course_Code_v2__c}"/>
                              <apex:column value="{Course_Level__c}"/>
                              <apex:column value="{Topic_Subject__c}"/>
                               <apex:column value="{video_Link__c}"/>
      </apex:pageBlock/>
Good Morning,
I need some help with something. I have been asked to create a "Landing Page" for our Chhannel Partners when they click a link called Sales Training" on the Portal. This Landing Page will have some basic info but most importantly, a list of the training videos that we have and the final exam once they complete the video training modules.
I need to have a simple "Excel Looking" table or list showing these links to the viseos. The tabel would only have three (3) columns and there are list 15 video links.
That being said, I am sure the training dept. would like to be able to add more trainign videos to the list in the future.
What's the best way to do this, and where would I learn how to write the code for it?
Sorry but I am an Admin. and just learing APEX and so things are still confusing and a bit overwhelming.
Thank you