Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi

create Product along with Price in single 

please help me.
How to write Outer Join Quries in SOQL ?
how to resolve error 503 in salesforce API. please help me
Hi all,

Is it possible to give a 3rd party application access to a custom webservice without giving them access to the standard API? 

To give a little background on my project. Users will use their Salesforce credentials to login and register on one of our sister company's websites. Once they have logged into the site using their Salesforce credentials, the user needs the ability to pull down Salesforce data they own, such as customer information. 

What we have built for this works great, but the issue is being able to restrict the users to the custom service. Our security team his holding up this project because of the additional access to the standard api.

Any thoughts on how to limit access to the custom service only?

Hi

create Product along with Price in single 

please help me.
how to resolve error 503 in salesforce API. please help me
Example for creating Opportunity :
curl https://na1.salesforce.com/services/data/v20.0/sobjects/Opportunity/ -H "Authorization: Bearer token" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d @newrecord.json -X PATCH
Example request body newrecord.json file :
{ "Name":"FFNEw","CloseDate":"3/2/2015","StageName":"Prospecting","Probability":10 }
My ASP.net code :
using (WebClient client = new WebClient())
{
client.Headers.Add("Authorization", "Bearer " + token.access_token); client.Headers.Add("Content-Type", "application/json");
var request = (HttpWebRequest)(HttpWebRequest.Create(token.instance_url + "/services/data/v20.0/sobjects/Opportunity/"));
request.Method = "POST";
using (var requestWriter = new StreamWriter(request.GetRequestStream()))
{
  requestWriter.Write(json);
  requestWriter.Flush();
  requestWriter.Close();
}
var response = request.GetResponse();
}
Getting Error 400 Bad Request in "request.GetResponse()".
I am able to create Account using same code. I don't Know what wrongs with Opportunity.
Hi Guys,

Am posting json text data from google advanced rest api client,but it throws error like :503 Service Unavailable

It is the Data am giving : {"rewardamnt"="15000","active_or_inactive": "true"}

Content-Type :application/json

MY URL :https://quinnoxspm-developer-edition.na15.force.com/WebMethods/services/apexrest/RewardCreation

https://quinnoxspm-developer-edition.na15.force.com -->Force.com site URL

WebMethods-->Site Name

services/apexrest-->Common for apex rest resource

RewardCreation--->My controller having urlmapping.

All,

I have a requirement where I have to call a third party REST Api in my salesforce app.

I have been reading and I see all posts show how to create a REST call for outside world to consume but what I want is something simple call the ouside world's API. How do I proceed about it?

I see that I have to add the external url in Remote site settings and what else code do I need to craete.

Thanks

• February 19, 2013