• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi Team,

I have been working with Analytics Edge for large data dumps into excel which has worked well up until now (great tool fyi), I have realised that I have an issue with dates. I can filter the data "WHERE CreatedDate = LAST_WEEK" and it respects our Locale settings in Salesforce but the SELECT CreatedDate is coming out as UTC, so being in Melbourne +11 GMT everything before 11am is coming through as yesterday.

Example the filter is Monday to Sunday last week (7th being the beginning of the week)
Salesforce Data as presented 07/03/2016 06:00
SOQL Data 2016-03-06T19:00:07.000+0000

Ideally I would rather the output be in the same format DD/MM/YYYY but handling this in excel, but really need the date being correct with +11 timezone.

How is this generally handled on a SQL level?

Dwayne
We are looking at building a custom contact created form and dedupe engine for our sales team to use to validate if a contact exists in the system whilst they are talking to the prospect and to assist in preventing duplicates coming through. We have found something that works near to what we are chasing, weighted dedupe ‘as you type’ functionality with customizable functions (links below). We have hit 2 limits with the products on the market which are very important and are resulting us needing to custom build this (full specs below) and the ability for the sales team to use the contact creation form on their mobile and iPads using the Salesforce1 apps.

Instant feedback dedupe
  • As you type queries (search populated fields every 2 seconds), with duplicates presented to user in a relevant position on page to easily identify a duplicate. The idea is to allow them to quickly click through and not impede or lose what they have already entered on screen.
  • Needs to have alternative layouts for different devices
  • Needs to be compatible with Salesforce1
  • Dedupe on multiple fields with ‘OR’ statements (The list of results needs to have all potential matches not limiting results to exact AND statements)
    • Primary, Secondary fields ie Mobile, Phone, Business, Partner Mobile
    • Thus present multiple potential duplicate records where a mobile field maybe populated in one record and email in another
  • Dedupe type - Exact, Fuzzy, numeric, first n of characters, before/after specific character ie @ with exceptions ie free accounts “gmail.com”
  • Ability to dedupe of multiple criteria with OR statements
  • Rank order matching records to present most likely duplicates at the top
    • Present top 5 or n number of records likely duplicates in system
  • Prevent duplicate creation of exact match of specific fields ie email or mobile
    • Provide a message to allow them to click through to the existing contact and request access
    • In the event that they create the contact with unique details, make historical note against contact that they were present X exact duplicate prior.
  • In the event that a record is then edited to match an existing duplicate thereafter, build a report and send notification to CRM admin (There are a few free SF applications that allow you to do this - doesn't need to be in this but if its easy add it in) 
Most fit solution on the market which we can learn from, the developers were not interested in developing their product further to make it functional on Mobile sadly.
  • https://www.ringlead.com/products/unique-entry/
  • https://www.ringlead.com/resources/videos/unique-entry-whats-new-in-version-3/success/
Hi everyone,

New to Salesforce and learning quickly but hit a formula logic wall which I hope someone can assist me with.

I have a formula I am trying to build to monitor status changes by users.

We have a global list (Owner: Website and Status: Dropped Off) which our sales team move their leads into based on the restatus of a lead to "Dropped Off" in the event they go into long term nuturing based, this status then triggers a change of assigned user to a gloabl user "Website".

In the event that the lead then makes an enquiry through the website these leads, enquiries are then distributed on a round robin but the owner will stay as Website as the status will still be Dropped Off but it does a trigger of changing the owner to the Enquiry owner then back to website as the status is still "Dropped Off". 

I want to monitor when a sales consultant moves a lead into this list, take a static snapshot of the owner but not update this field when the status is being changed by this global "Website" user AND the current status is "Dropped Off".

Current workflow rule
ISCHANGED(Contacts_Status__c)

Attempted:
  • ISCHANGED(Contacts_Status__c) AND( Owner.FirstName <> 'Web',  Contacts_Status__c  <> 'Dropped Off')
    • Error: Syntax error. Extra AND
  • AND( ISCHANGED(Contacts_Status__c) , Owner.FirstName <> 'Web',  Contacts_Status__c  <> 'Dropped Off') 
    • Error: Field Contacts_Status__c is a picklist field. Picklist fields are only supported in certain functions. Tell me more
Thoughts?
Hi Team,

I have been working with Analytics Edge for large data dumps into excel which has worked well up until now (great tool fyi), I have realised that I have an issue with dates. I can filter the data "WHERE CreatedDate = LAST_WEEK" and it respects our Locale settings in Salesforce but the SELECT CreatedDate is coming out as UTC, so being in Melbourne +11 GMT everything before 11am is coming through as yesterday.

Example the filter is Monday to Sunday last week (7th being the beginning of the week)
Salesforce Data as presented 07/03/2016 06:00
SOQL Data 2016-03-06T19:00:07.000+0000

Ideally I would rather the output be in the same format DD/MM/YYYY but handling this in excel, but really need the date being correct with +11 timezone.

How is this generally handled on a SQL level?

Dwayne
We are looking at building a custom contact created form and dedupe engine for our sales team to use to validate if a contact exists in the system whilst they are talking to the prospect and to assist in preventing duplicates coming through. We have found something that works near to what we are chasing, weighted dedupe ‘as you type’ functionality with customizable functions (links below). We have hit 2 limits with the products on the market which are very important and are resulting us needing to custom build this (full specs below) and the ability for the sales team to use the contact creation form on their mobile and iPads using the Salesforce1 apps.

Instant feedback dedupe
  • As you type queries (search populated fields every 2 seconds), with duplicates presented to user in a relevant position on page to easily identify a duplicate. The idea is to allow them to quickly click through and not impede or lose what they have already entered on screen.
  • Needs to have alternative layouts for different devices
  • Needs to be compatible with Salesforce1
  • Dedupe on multiple fields with ‘OR’ statements (The list of results needs to have all potential matches not limiting results to exact AND statements)
    • Primary, Secondary fields ie Mobile, Phone, Business, Partner Mobile
    • Thus present multiple potential duplicate records where a mobile field maybe populated in one record and email in another
  • Dedupe type - Exact, Fuzzy, numeric, first n of characters, before/after specific character ie @ with exceptions ie free accounts “gmail.com”
  • Ability to dedupe of multiple criteria with OR statements
  • Rank order matching records to present most likely duplicates at the top
    • Present top 5 or n number of records likely duplicates in system
  • Prevent duplicate creation of exact match of specific fields ie email or mobile
    • Provide a message to allow them to click through to the existing contact and request access
    • In the event that they create the contact with unique details, make historical note against contact that they were present X exact duplicate prior.
  • In the event that a record is then edited to match an existing duplicate thereafter, build a report and send notification to CRM admin (There are a few free SF applications that allow you to do this - doesn't need to be in this but if its easy add it in) 
Most fit solution on the market which we can learn from, the developers were not interested in developing their product further to make it functional on Mobile sadly.
  • https://www.ringlead.com/products/unique-entry/
  • https://www.ringlead.com/resources/videos/unique-entry-whats-new-in-version-3/success/
Hi everyone,

New to Salesforce and learning quickly but hit a formula logic wall which I hope someone can assist me with.

I have a formula I am trying to build to monitor status changes by users.

We have a global list (Owner: Website and Status: Dropped Off) which our sales team move their leads into based on the restatus of a lead to "Dropped Off" in the event they go into long term nuturing based, this status then triggers a change of assigned user to a gloabl user "Website".

In the event that the lead then makes an enquiry through the website these leads, enquiries are then distributed on a round robin but the owner will stay as Website as the status will still be Dropped Off but it does a trigger of changing the owner to the Enquiry owner then back to website as the status is still "Dropped Off". 

I want to monitor when a sales consultant moves a lead into this list, take a static snapshot of the owner but not update this field when the status is being changed by this global "Website" user AND the current status is "Dropped Off".

Current workflow rule
ISCHANGED(Contacts_Status__c)

Attempted:
  • ISCHANGED(Contacts_Status__c) AND( Owner.FirstName <> 'Web',  Contacts_Status__c  <> 'Dropped Off')
    • Error: Syntax error. Extra AND
  • AND( ISCHANGED(Contacts_Status__c) , Owner.FirstName <> 'Web',  Contacts_Status__c  <> 'Dropped Off') 
    • Error: Field Contacts_Status__c is a picklist field. Picklist fields are only supported in certain functions. Tell me more
Thoughts?