• 75 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I need help writing a trigger to prevent Obj1 records from being cancelled (Status__c = "Cancelled") or completed (Status__c = "Completed") if there are open activities/tasks that are not completed or cancelled, or if related records from Obj2 or Obj3 are still open. Obj1 may have mutiple related records from Obj2 and Obj3. The look-up field on Obj2 and Obj3 is called 'Obj1__c'.
I need help with the following formula field for Owner ID in Process Builder

If Field__c is blank, owner will be My_Queue,
If Field__c is a specific user, owner will be the same specific user,
Otherwise the owner will be the current user.

Here is what I am trying to use but keep getting errors:
IF(Field__c, ""), QueueId=00G5B0000000000,
IF(Field__c, "Specific User"), QueueId=00G5B0000000000,
$User.Username))

In Process Builder, I am trying to write a formula to update a picklist field when creating a child record based off of a picklist field in the parent record (they share the same global picklist values). Here's what I'm trying to accomplish:  If the Type field on the parent record is blank, I want the "Type" field on the child record to equal "New". But if there is a value in the Type field of the parent record, I want the child record to have the same value. I am trying to avoid duplicating all the decision diamonds in the flow definition.

Here is what I am using but keep getting an error:
IF(ISPICKVAL([ParentObject__c].Type__c, ""), ISPICKVAL([ParentObject__c].Type__c, "NEW"), ISPICKVAL([ParentObject__c].Type__c) )
Error message:
The formula expression is invalid: Incorrect number of parameters for function 'ISPICKVAL()'. Expected 2, received 1
I have a picklist on a parent record (Type__c) that I would like cleared each time a different picklist field (Function__c) is changed and saved. Currently, I update a child record every time the parent record Function__c is changed. This would allow me to use the value of the Type__c field from the parent object when I update the child record, which also has a Type__c field.
I have a related list on a custom object that show the status of the records in the related list. The records themselves use the Path feature to show where the record is located in the status timeline. Can I show the Path in the related list rather than text fields?
I have a validation rule that prevents users from editing a record if they are not the owner or if they do not have a System Administrator profile. The problem is that it also prevents the creation of a new record because of a Process Builder process. The user triggering the new record is not the person that will own it. I tried to use ISNEW in the example code below but it did not work. Appreciate the help.
AND( 
 OwnerId <> $User.Id, 
 $Profile.Name <> 'System Administrator',
 NOT(ISCHANGED(OwnerId)),
 NOT(ISNEW())
)

I have two custom objects. The first object, First_Object__c, has multiple related records from the second custom object, Second_Object__c. Only one Second_Object__c record can be in status "In Progress" at any given time. After the owner of the First_Object__c record is changed , I need the owner of the one Second_Object__c record that is currently in status "In Progress" to be immediately updated. This needs to happen whether the owner is previously a user or a queue.

Maybe here's a better way to put it:
IF record owner of First_Object__c is changed, THEN change record owner of related record of Second_Object__c to the same owner IF status is "In Progress".

I cannot use a Master/Detail relationship because I need the related records to be owned by different users and/or queues.
I need help with a validation rule to prevent opening a new record based on the following parameters:

IF picklist value of Field1__c = "XXXX" or "YYYY"
THEN
Field2__c cannot be NULL

In other words, Field2__c must have a value (it's a user lookup) when Field1__c is a certain picklist value (there are two options in this case) in order for a record to be created.
I need a validation rule that only allows the owner of a record, or System Administrator, to edit the record.
I need a validation rule that states that if a checkbox is checked, two picklists and one user lookup must be filled out. The problem with what I created is that even though I select an option for both picklists and choose a user, I still get my error message. Here is the code:
AND( 
 My_checkbox__c = TRUE, 
 OR( 
 ISPICKVAL(My_first_picklist__c, ""), 
 ISPICKVAL(My_second_picklist__c, ""), 
 NOT(ISNULL(My_user__c)) 
 ) 
)
What am I doing wrong?
I have two custom objects (let's call them Object1 and Object2) whose owners are updated automatically through Process Builder. Since FLS does not let me make the fields 'read-only' since they are standard fields, is there a way to keep users from changing the owner of either object via the [Change] button next to the current owner's name? How would I do that?
I have two custom objects: the parent is Object1 and the child is Object2. The child records can be owned by a person or a queue. In the related list on Object1, I need to combine FirstName and LastName into one field, therefore utilizing one column, but keep getting an error that "the field does not exist". Also, when the child record is owned by a queue, in the first name and last name columns is a hyphen (-). How can I show the full name or the queue name in the same column?
I have two fields: Status__c and Function_End_Date__c. If status equals "Completed" or "Cancelled" I need a rule that sets the Function_End_Date__c to the current Date/Time.
I have a custom object (object1) that has multiple objects from another custom object (object2). There are three statuses for records object2: In Progress, Cancelled, and Completed. As long as there is an In Progress or Cancelled record, I want to avoid the creation of a new record related to a single object1 record. The idea is for there to only be one step/process "In Progress" at any given time until the object1 record is "completed".
I need help writing a trigger to prevent Obj1 records from being cancelled (Status__c = "Cancelled") or completed (Status__c = "Completed") if there are open activities/tasks that are not completed or cancelled, or if related records from Obj2 or Obj3 are still open. Obj1 may have mutiple related records from Obj2 and Obj3. The look-up field on Obj2 and Obj3 is called 'Obj1__c'.
I need help with the following formula field for Owner ID in Process Builder

If Field__c is blank, owner will be My_Queue,
If Field__c is a specific user, owner will be the same specific user,
Otherwise the owner will be the current user.

Here is what I am trying to use but keep getting errors:
IF(Field__c, ""), QueueId=00G5B0000000000,
IF(Field__c, "Specific User"), QueueId=00G5B0000000000,
$User.Username))

In Process Builder, I am trying to write a formula to update a picklist field when creating a child record based off of a picklist field in the parent record (they share the same global picklist values). Here's what I'm trying to accomplish:  If the Type field on the parent record is blank, I want the "Type" field on the child record to equal "New". But if there is a value in the Type field of the parent record, I want the child record to have the same value. I am trying to avoid duplicating all the decision diamonds in the flow definition.

Here is what I am using but keep getting an error:
IF(ISPICKVAL([ParentObject__c].Type__c, ""), ISPICKVAL([ParentObject__c].Type__c, "NEW"), ISPICKVAL([ParentObject__c].Type__c) )
Error message:
The formula expression is invalid: Incorrect number of parameters for function 'ISPICKVAL()'. Expected 2, received 1
I have a picklist on a parent record (Type__c) that I would like cleared each time a different picklist field (Function__c) is changed and saved. Currently, I update a child record every time the parent record Function__c is changed. This would allow me to use the value of the Type__c field from the parent object when I update the child record, which also has a Type__c field.
I have a related list on a custom object that show the status of the records in the related list. The records themselves use the Path feature to show where the record is located in the status timeline. Can I show the Path in the related list rather than text fields?
I have a validation rule that prevents users from editing a record if they are not the owner or if they do not have a System Administrator profile. The problem is that it also prevents the creation of a new record because of a Process Builder process. The user triggering the new record is not the person that will own it. I tried to use ISNEW in the example code below but it did not work. Appreciate the help.
AND( 
 OwnerId <> $User.Id, 
 $Profile.Name <> 'System Administrator',
 NOT(ISCHANGED(OwnerId)),
 NOT(ISNEW())
)

I have two custom objects. The first object, First_Object__c, has multiple related records from the second custom object, Second_Object__c. Only one Second_Object__c record can be in status "In Progress" at any given time. After the owner of the First_Object__c record is changed , I need the owner of the one Second_Object__c record that is currently in status "In Progress" to be immediately updated. This needs to happen whether the owner is previously a user or a queue.

Maybe here's a better way to put it:
IF record owner of First_Object__c is changed, THEN change record owner of related record of Second_Object__c to the same owner IF status is "In Progress".

I cannot use a Master/Detail relationship because I need the related records to be owned by different users and/or queues.
I need help with a validation rule to prevent opening a new record based on the following parameters:

IF picklist value of Field1__c = "XXXX" or "YYYY"
THEN
Field2__c cannot be NULL

In other words, Field2__c must have a value (it's a user lookup) when Field1__c is a certain picklist value (there are two options in this case) in order for a record to be created.
I have two custom objects: the parent is Object1 and the child is Object2. The child records can be owned by a person or a queue. In the related list on Object1, I need to combine FirstName and LastName into one field, therefore utilizing one column, but keep getting an error that "the field does not exist". Also, when the child record is owned by a queue, in the first name and last name columns is a hyphen (-). How can I show the full name or the queue name in the same column?