• Solutions Architect
  • Capgemini India

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I work with a wonderful Nonprofit that uses ADP for Payroll and Time Management, and SalesForce for client management and reporting.
They would like to use SalesForce for HR tracking (Certification and Licenses, Training required and taken - that sort of thing).  
They need the HR information (Employee info - name, hire date, department, etc.) from ADP to integrate with SalesForce to reduce double entry and maintenance.

Does anyone know of a [free or low cost is best] app or integration that can be used for this connection?  
Is anyone out there doing this sort of thing?

Thanks!
Sara
Hi,

I have set up a workflue rule which sends out an email alert 90 days before the close date of the opportunity, if the opportunity stage is equal to renewal. It is working fine on the new opportunities I created to test. However I created a "renewal" oportunity today with a close date in August'16. So the 90 days is already lapsed, but it still triggered an email. Have I missed something in my logic and how can I fix it ?  

Hi,

I am facing a strange issue. When I try to use the query "SELECT id,DataCategoryName FROM Community" in an Apex Class, it fails compilation with error - The field DataCategoryname is not found on Community object, However, when I run the same query in Dev console, it runs fine and brings back the results.Please help

Thanks
Anupam Bansal
Good afternoon,

We have our ERP system integrated with SFDC via Boomi, and we often receive this error, and I was wondering if any someone coulld have a look at the latest error on 8/14/16 to see what was the response returned by SF when invoking Get Contacts method.

The error occurred while processing response received from the server. Boomi connector sends a request with "Content-Encoding: gzip" and expects a response from the server to have the same "Content-Encoding: gzip".

Per Boomi the root cause of the issue might be on eof the following, though they can't help me any further:

a) "done" flag on initial/first response was incorrectly set to query for more data.
b)  The server returned a response of different encoding, other than "gzip" - null response was returned for example

Error received executing Salesforce Get; Caused by: com.boomi.util.retry.RetryException: com.boomi.model.connector.common.salesforce.SalesforceException: Error received for Salesforce Query More; Caused by: com.boomi.model.connector.common.salesforce.SalesforceException: Error received for Salesforce Query More; Caused by: Error received for Salesforce Query More; Caused by: Error invoking soap operation; Caused by: The server sent HTTP status code 200: OK; Caused by: Not in GZIP format

Thank you in advance,
Sonia

I work with a wonderful Nonprofit that uses ADP for Payroll and Time Management, and SalesForce for client management and reporting.
They would like to use SalesForce for HR tracking (Certification and Licenses, Training required and taken - that sort of thing).  
They need the HR information (Employee info - name, hire date, department, etc.) from ADP to integrate with SalesForce to reduce double entry and maintenance.

Does anyone know of a [free or low cost is best] app or integration that can be used for this connection?  
Is anyone out there doing this sort of thing?

Thanks!
Sara
Hi,

SObject1--> Num1(number field)
SObject2--> Num2(number field)
Here Num1value> Num2value i want show an error at Num1 field

Num1value <=Num2 value i dont want to show an error

will you please help me for this 

Thanks,
NANDIREDDY NAGARJUNA REDDY
Hi All,

Currently we are using ANT for moving the changes from one org to another org. We are facing some difficulty like Namespace prefix and delecting the component. We want to know is there any tool apart from ANT to handle all this stuff.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Hi,

I have set up a workflue rule which sends out an email alert 90 days before the close date of the opportunity, if the opportunity stage is equal to renewal. It is working fine on the new opportunities I created to test. However I created a "renewal" oportunity today with a close date in August'16. So the 90 days is already lapsed, but it still triggered an email. Have I missed something in my logic and how can I fix it ?  

HI Users,

Is there a email limit for sending emails to partner users? some thing like daily digest

I am not getting more than 10 emails
I'm using the Nonprofit Starter Pack and I would like a way for volunteer hours to displace on household(account) pages as well as the contact page. I have already added an account lookup field, because I can't use Master-Detail. I think those have already been used for the contact and the volunteer job. So now I'm trying to create a trigger that updates the Total Hours field on the account, which is a sum of the hours field on the volunteer hour object. My question is how do I write code to sum those hours for the correct? Here's where I am thus far.
trigger RollupVolunteerHours on Volunteer_Hours__c (After insert, after update, after delete) {
	Set<Id> AccountIds = new Set<Id>();
    list<Volunteer_Hours__c> vHours = [SELECT Id, Hours__c FROM Volunteer_Hours__c WHERE Id IN :trigger.new];
    for(Volunteer_Hours__c vh :trigger.new){
        AccountIds.add(vh.Account__r.Id);
    }

list<Account> acctList = [SELECT Id, Total_Hours__c FROM Account WHERE Id IN :AccountIDs];

For(Account acct : acctList){
        //acct.Total_Hours__c = Summation of Volunteer_Hours__r.Hours__c

update acct;
    }
}

Am I on the right track? How do I use what I have to do what I want? If something is unnecessary, why? Same for missing. I'm fairly new to apex so please explain steps instead of giving me code. I want to learn and understand!

Thanks!

External system(SharePoint) is making SOAP API call to create a record in salesforce, on which creation of records upon meeting a field criteria a workflow should be triggered in updating field values. When a record is created through Salesforce UI the workflow runs fine but when it is getting created through API call seems like workflow is not running. 

So is it something like we cannot invoke Workflow/Aprroval process in sfdc through external API call? If so what thinigs should be done to trigger Workflow/approval process through external SOAP API calls?
I've done a lot of reading about database.dmloptions, assignmentruleheader, etc. the past week or so, but am unable to find a simple answer to a few questions that continue to linger:

1) I have some apex logic built to facilitate lead assignment. I would like for this logic to respect if the user checks "assign using active assignment rules", and to possibly not fire (i.e. return;) when this is the case. How can I check whether this option was enabled by the user on lead insert/update in apex?

2) After getting an affirmative result from #1, I would like to evaluate whether the lead would actually be assigned by the assignment rule after evaluation. This is an important step as I will still want my logic to fire if the assignment rules all evaluate to be false. How can I perform this check? I suppose I could insert a test lead using the assignment rule, query the result, then delete the test lead, but this seems perhaps more DML-intensive than it needs to be...

3) Additionally, if I did decide in certain cases that after detecting this option, I wanted to undo/disable this (despite the user's preference), how could this be done? I have attempted to use this segment on a before trigger, which has no effect:

for (lead l : trigger.new)
{
    database.dmloptions dmo = new database.dmloptions();
    dmo.assignmentRuleHeader.useDefaultRule = false; // (attempt 1)
    dmo.assignmentRuleHeader.assignmentRuleId = null; // (attempt 2)
    l.setOptions(dmo);
}

Any and all help appreciated!

Thanks much.
1) I have a customers maintained in a MySQL database
,2) The above data is used to authenticate and allow them to use one of our web application
3) We plan to create communities in Salesforce for Support Site
4) We want to use same user name for both Web Application and Communities with Single Sign On
I am newbie for Communities, can anybody provide highlevel provess to achieve this.
We are ready to make any changes required. 
Hi all,

I'm building a community site with knowledge articles, Questions, and Cases. I can see that questions have a comment/reply system for them (which makes sense) because they are a glorified forum: but I can't find any way to enable this for knowledge base articles. 

I've done a bunch of searching , and every answer I ahve found says they don't: but the posts I've found are also at minimum: two years old...
So can someone clarify if the functionality exists?

Thanks
  • August 05, 2015