• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello all,

I need to create a new custom object.
Then, I need to set up two new users in an org, both with visibility into different objects but with at least one shared object (the new custom object), however each user seeing a different page layout of the same record.

Here's what I'm thinking I need to do:
Create the new custom objcect and create 2 different page layouts.
Then set the 1st user up with an cloned or new profile that has access to the "shared" object. 
Then cloning that profile for the 2nd user and changing object access as needed while changing the page layout for the "shared" object.

Is that the best way to accomplish my objective?  Is there any other way?  This is for a job interview, so if there's more than one way, I'd like to have flexibility...

Bottom line is that I have to have 2 different profiles to have 2 page layouts, correct?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
Greetings all.

I'm aspiring to be a SFDC admin and I'm currently in an unrealted field.  I've been studying Salesforce (Trails, Fundamentals, Udacity, etc) for about 3 months now for roughly 15 hours a week, so I'm pretty familiar with terminology, etc.

I'm going to be interviewing for a job soon and my prosective employer was nice enough to give me a list of tasks/items to be able to complete.  These include: creating new objects with formulas, lookups, etc., creating reports and dashboards, adding new users to an org and assigning them different page layouts, etc, and analyzing existing dashboards and reports to find "broken" aspects.

I've gone through all of the Trails (except developer) including the Admin Trails twice.  I can follow directions (point here, select this, click here) until I'm blue in the face and do the challenges, which are pretty easy, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how I'm going to stude the aforementioned items for my job interview and when I try creating things on my own, (without guidance), I find myself getting confused and frustrated.

Obviously I don't have any real-world experience in SFDC Administration yet.  What other resources will help me make sure I have the interview items down pat?  I'm looking for resources where I'll be given a more complicated task to complete than the challenges on the trails.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  Here are a complete list of the resources I've studied so far:

-SFDC Admin Trails (and all other trails except Developer beginner and intermediate)
- Zero to Hero: http://www.adminhero.com/zero-hero/
- Salesforce Fundamentals: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.fundamentals.meta/fundamentals/
- Focus on Force (Study Guide and 201 practice exams) http://focusonforce.com/
- Udacity Salesforce Training: https://www.udacity.com/course/intro-to-point-click-app-development--ud162
- Salesforce CRM Definitive Handbook: https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Paul_Goodey_Salesforce_CRM?id=POfBGSjfaikC
I'm going to be starting the reporting workbook tomorrow: https://resources.docs.salesforce.com/sfdc/pdf/workbook_analytics.pdf

Best,

Chris
Hello all,

I'm working towards my 201 certification and would like to start looking for Jr. Admin jobs.  The problem is that I've never been an Admin, so technically I have 0 years of practical Admin experience and I'm currently in an unrealted field (I'm a mortgage loan officer).  Every job posting I've read (on Indeed, Simply Hired, LinkedIn, etc) is requiring at least 2 years of Salesforce Admin experience, even for low-paying Jr. Admin or Admin assistant jobs.

It would stand to reason that before any given Admin became an Admin, they were not an Admin.  How were you able to get your 1st Jr Admin job if you got it after being in an unrelated field? (I do not have the time or resources to work for free at a non-profit for 2 years at this point in my career).

Thanks,

Chris

I'm working through Salesforce Fundamentals and am supposed to be creating a new users with a "Standard Employee" profile, which is a profile we created earlier in the lesson.  I was able to create Cynthia Capobiano (the fictional CEO) as  "Standard Employee" earlier in the lesson, but when I follow the same steps to create the new users, I'm unable to select "Salesforce" for User License and "Standard Employee" for profile.  I've even tried starting with Profiles, Standard Employee, View Users, New User, but when I get to "User License" I'm not given the Salesforce option and no other options but "Chatter External User" for Profile.

Maybe am I being limited in the number of users becuase I'm using Developer Edition?

I'm working through the Force.com Fundamentals and got to the section where we're supposed to create more users with a standard employee profile.  I'm unable to create a new user with a "Standard Employee" profile, even though that profile exists since we made it earlier in the lesson. I've tried by starting at users and creating a new user, but it does not give me the "Standard Employee" profile dropdown option.  I've also tried by viewing Standard Employee profile users and adding new, but I still don't get the dropdown option.
I'm working on "Creating a Sales Process and Using Opportunities" Challenge:

You've met with your newest account and have identified a new opportunity. Create a new opportunity and add yourself to the opportunity team. You will need to have Opportunity Teams enabled and added to the Opportunity page layout in order to complete this challenge.Create an opportunity with the Opportunity Name = '500 units', Stage = Prospecting, with any Amount and any Close Date in the future. Pick any value for the Account Name.
Add yourself to the opportunity team for the '500 units' opportunity with the Team Role of 'Sales Rep'

My problem is that I can't change the Stage value to "Prospecting."  It doesn't exist as an option.  "Prospecting" is still available as an Opportunity Stage Picklist Value, but it won't show when I create a new opportunity.  What am I doing wrong?
Greetings.

I'm looking to make a career change out of Mortgage Banking and have been told time and again that "coding" is the way to go.  So I started researching what sorts of coding I should be learning as a beginner-  Part of my research was to reach out to some of my contacts in Mortgage Banking to see what sorts of languages I should be learning if I want to get a developer job in the mortgage industry.  One contact suggested I complete these Salesforce Trailheads instead of learning HTML/CSS, etc.  So, I started the Trailheads, completing the Admin Beginner and Intermediate Trails fairly easily.  Next I started the Developer Beginner Trail and, of course, have been confronted with Apex, which I know nothing about.  A few additional searches later and I found out that I should learn Javascript before learning Apex.  I'm not sure how long Javascript would take to learn, but it seems like Apex is another several months on top of it.

The whole purpose of starting the Salesforce Trailhead was to learn a new skill in a reasonable amount of time so I can get out of my industry, hopefully within 6 months. Now I'm confronted with need to learn multiple new web languages and additional months of training for something that may not yield a new career anyways.

I'm wondering if anybody has completed all of the Trailheads as a beginner (no previous coding experience) and how long it took. If I have to learn multiple web languages before being able to complete the Trailheads, then I have to decide whether to cut my losses and try something else or what other languages I should try to learn and how.  I'm also wondering if anybody completing these trails is a noob like me or if Trailheads is geared towards people that are already Salesforce Admins/Developers and I've wasted a bunch of time on this.

Any input is greatly appreciated.
Getting this error message on "Approving Records from the Feed" in Chatter:

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING, missing required field: [nextApproverIds]: [nextApproverIds]

Help please
Greetings all.

I'm aspiring to be a SFDC admin and I'm currently in an unrealted field.  I've been studying Salesforce (Trails, Fundamentals, Udacity, etc) for about 3 months now for roughly 15 hours a week, so I'm pretty familiar with terminology, etc.

I'm going to be interviewing for a job soon and my prosective employer was nice enough to give me a list of tasks/items to be able to complete.  These include: creating new objects with formulas, lookups, etc., creating reports and dashboards, adding new users to an org and assigning them different page layouts, etc, and analyzing existing dashboards and reports to find "broken" aspects.

I've gone through all of the Trails (except developer) including the Admin Trails twice.  I can follow directions (point here, select this, click here) until I'm blue in the face and do the challenges, which are pretty easy, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how I'm going to stude the aforementioned items for my job interview and when I try creating things on my own, (without guidance), I find myself getting confused and frustrated.

Obviously I don't have any real-world experience in SFDC Administration yet.  What other resources will help me make sure I have the interview items down pat?  I'm looking for resources where I'll be given a more complicated task to complete than the challenges on the trails.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  Here are a complete list of the resources I've studied so far:

-SFDC Admin Trails (and all other trails except Developer beginner and intermediate)
- Zero to Hero: http://www.adminhero.com/zero-hero/
- Salesforce Fundamentals: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.fundamentals.meta/fundamentals/
- Focus on Force (Study Guide and 201 practice exams) http://focusonforce.com/
- Udacity Salesforce Training: https://www.udacity.com/course/intro-to-point-click-app-development--ud162
- Salesforce CRM Definitive Handbook: https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Paul_Goodey_Salesforce_CRM?id=POfBGSjfaikC
I'm going to be starting the reporting workbook tomorrow: https://resources.docs.salesforce.com/sfdc/pdf/workbook_analytics.pdf

Best,

Chris
Hello all,

I'm working towards my 201 certification and would like to start looking for Jr. Admin jobs.  The problem is that I've never been an Admin, so technically I have 0 years of practical Admin experience and I'm currently in an unrealted field (I'm a mortgage loan officer).  Every job posting I've read (on Indeed, Simply Hired, LinkedIn, etc) is requiring at least 2 years of Salesforce Admin experience, even for low-paying Jr. Admin or Admin assistant jobs.

It would stand to reason that before any given Admin became an Admin, they were not an Admin.  How were you able to get your 1st Jr Admin job if you got it after being in an unrelated field? (I do not have the time or resources to work for free at a non-profit for 2 years at this point in my career).

Thanks,

Chris
Greetings.

I'm looking to make a career change out of Mortgage Banking and have been told time and again that "coding" is the way to go.  So I started researching what sorts of coding I should be learning as a beginner-  Part of my research was to reach out to some of my contacts in Mortgage Banking to see what sorts of languages I should be learning if I want to get a developer job in the mortgage industry.  One contact suggested I complete these Salesforce Trailheads instead of learning HTML/CSS, etc.  So, I started the Trailheads, completing the Admin Beginner and Intermediate Trails fairly easily.  Next I started the Developer Beginner Trail and, of course, have been confronted with Apex, which I know nothing about.  A few additional searches later and I found out that I should learn Javascript before learning Apex.  I'm not sure how long Javascript would take to learn, but it seems like Apex is another several months on top of it.

The whole purpose of starting the Salesforce Trailhead was to learn a new skill in a reasonable amount of time so I can get out of my industry, hopefully within 6 months. Now I'm confronted with need to learn multiple new web languages and additional months of training for something that may not yield a new career anyways.

I'm wondering if anybody has completed all of the Trailheads as a beginner (no previous coding experience) and how long it took. If I have to learn multiple web languages before being able to complete the Trailheads, then I have to decide whether to cut my losses and try something else or what other languages I should try to learn and how.  I'm also wondering if anybody completing these trails is a noob like me or if Trailheads is geared towards people that are already Salesforce Admins/Developers and I've wasted a bunch of time on this.

I'm working on "Creating a Sales Process and Using Opportunities" Challenge:

You've met with your newest account and have identified a new opportunity. Create a new opportunity and add yourself to the opportunity team. You will need to have Opportunity Teams enabled and added to the Opportunity page layout in order to complete this challenge.Create an opportunity with the Opportunity Name = '500 units', Stage = Prospecting, with any Amount and any Close Date in the future. Pick any value for the Account Name.
Add yourself to the opportunity team for the '500 units' opportunity with the Team Role of 'Sales Rep'

My problem is that I can't change the Stage value to "Prospecting."  It doesn't exist as an option.  "Prospecting" is still available as an Opportunity Stage Picklist Value, but it won't show when I create a new opportunity.  What am I doing wrong?
Greetings.

The challenge is:

You've been given a requirement to keep Contact addresses in sync with the Account they belong to. Use Process Builder to create a new process that updates all child Contact addresses when the address of the Account record is updated. This process:Can have any name.
Must be activated.
Must update Contact mailing address fields (Street, City, State, Post Code, Country) when the parent Account shipping address field values are updated.

I start with Accounts when records is created or edited.
Filter criteria where accounts shipping address (street, city, state, zip code) is changed (used "or" logic).

I am stuck on the next step "add action".  I started with action type "Update Records".
On objects, I can't seem to change Accounts to Contacts.  Why?