• 35 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I created a custom visual force page with inputs everywhere. I added the save button that is initially created with every object but the button is not saving any of the new content to the fields. How would I begin to create my own custom button that would save all the fields on my page?
I am very new to salesforce so as much information as possible would be of great help.
I have created a search and it is functioning but I would like to enable wildcard search as well for it. My code below is for the controller I am using.
Thank you for your assistance ahead of time.

public class IDSearch{

String ID;
    List<Work_Item__c> results;

public String getID(){
    return ID;}

public List<Work_Item__c> getResults(){
    return results;}

public void setID(String input){
    ID=input;}

public PageReference search_now(){
    results=(List<Work_Item__c>) [FIND:ID IN ALL FIELDS RETURNING Work_Item__c(Work_Item_ID__c, Name,Accountable_IT_leader__c,Percent_Complete__c,LSEF_Stage_del__c)][0];
    return null;
    }
    }

I am pulling fields from a database to my object on salesforce. one of the fields from the database are ID"s each ID represents a color such as ID 1111 is color green and 2222 is color yellow. The database does not have the actual color fields just the id for the color. How can I pull the ID's from the database but display Green, Yellow, or Red as the value on salesforce?
I have developed a custom Visual Force Page that requires me to have two possible paragraph elements. One paragraph is Risks/Issues and the other is Value Measurement. This is dependent on the Percent Complete field of the object. If the Percent Complete is 100, Risks/Issues is hidden else Value Measurement is hidden. Below is what I have so far and both paragraphs are showing instead of one. How can I fix this?

<div id="risks">
<div id="sh">
<p id="VZ">Risks/Issues</p>
<p id="VH">Value Measurement</p>
</div>
<script type="text/javascript">
if(Work_Item__c.Percent_Complete__c==100){
    $('#VZ').hide();
    }else{
    $('#VH').hide();}
</script>

I have to input text area fields. I want to display one of these fields based on the value of the third field. The following is the code I have tried to give the result I want. This code is giving me the follwing error (missing '='). I would like any help I can get. thank you.

{!if ([Work_Item__c.Percent_Complete__c==100]){
    <apex:inputTextarea richText="true" cols="100" rows="15" value="{!Work_Item__c.Final_Status_Summary__c}"/>
}else {
    <apex:inputTextarea richText="true" cols="100" rows="15" value="{!Work_Item__c.Status_Summary__c}"/>   }}
The following is the code for my searh page controller.
public class IDSearch{

String ID;
    List<Work_Item__c> results;

public String getID(){
    return ID;}

public List<Work_Item__c> getResults(){
    return results;}

public void setID(String input){
    ID=input;}

public PageReference search_now(){
    results=(List<Work_Item__c>)[FIND:ID IN ALL FIELDS RETURNING Work_Item__c(Work_Item_ID__c, Name,Accountable_IT_leader__c,Percent_Complete__c,LSEF_Stage_del__c)][0];
    return null;
    }
    }

I would like to be able to create a link to the records that show up on my search table. How can I do that?
Also, I would like to implement wild cards in my search. Could someone assist me with that please.
Hi everyone,
I created a visualforce and I would like to use it as my layout for the records in my object. I am not able to find anything helpful online.
How can I do this?
Thank you
Hi Everyone,
I am having a difficult time with the visualforce markup style. Could someone direct me to somewhere I can read how to increase font size, change font family, change color, etc.
The main issue I am having is that my text boxes are very thin and I would like to make them wider.

Thank you
I created a search method called search_now that is used to search for the matching ID inputted into the search box. The code is below.

public PageReference search_now(){
    results=(List<Work_Item__c>)[FIND:ID IN ALL FIELDS RETURNING Work_Item__c(Work_Item_ID__c, Name,Accountable_IT_leader__c,Percent_Complete__c,LSEF_Stage_del__c)][0];
    return null;
    }

I want to be able to leave the input field blank and when I search it would populate all the records in that object. What code would I insert to make that possible? 
Hi Everyone,
The 3 variables I am dealing with are  Final_Status_Summary__c, Status_Summary__c and Percent_Complete__c. I would like to display final status summary if percent complete is 100 otherwise display status summary on my page.
Hi,
I am new to apex developer and I am having issues test the code I created for one of the modules. Below is the code I am attempting to test.

public class StringArrayTest {
    public static String[] generateStringArray(Integer i){
      String [] tests= new List<String>();
        for(Integer n=0;n<i;n++){
            tests.add('test '+n);
            }
        return tests;
    }
}

I click on run all tests and it states there are no tests. When I try to complete the challenge it tells me there is no class created.
Any help would be great.
Thank you.

I am pulling fields from a database to my object on salesforce. one of the fields from the database are ID"s each ID represents a color such as ID 1111 is color green and 2222 is color yellow. The database does not have the actual color fields just the id for the color. How can I pull the ID's from the database but display Green, Yellow, or Red as the value on salesforce?
I have developed a custom Visual Force Page that requires me to have two possible paragraph elements. One paragraph is Risks/Issues and the other is Value Measurement. This is dependent on the Percent Complete field of the object. If the Percent Complete is 100, Risks/Issues is hidden else Value Measurement is hidden. Below is what I have so far and both paragraphs are showing instead of one. How can I fix this?

<div id="risks">
<div id="sh">
<p id="VZ">Risks/Issues</p>
<p id="VH">Value Measurement</p>
</div>
<script type="text/javascript">
if(Work_Item__c.Percent_Complete__c==100){
    $('#VZ').hide();
    }else{
    $('#VH').hide();}
</script>

I have to input text area fields. I want to display one of these fields based on the value of the third field. The following is the code I have tried to give the result I want. This code is giving me the follwing error (missing '='). I would like any help I can get. thank you.

{!if ([Work_Item__c.Percent_Complete__c==100]){
    <apex:inputTextarea richText="true" cols="100" rows="15" value="{!Work_Item__c.Final_Status_Summary__c}"/>
}else {
    <apex:inputTextarea richText="true" cols="100" rows="15" value="{!Work_Item__c.Status_Summary__c}"/>   }}
Hi everyone,
I created a visualforce and I would like to use it as my layout for the records in my object. I am not able to find anything helpful online.
How can I do this?
Thank you
Hi Everyone,
The 3 variables I am dealing with are  Final_Status_Summary__c, Status_Summary__c and Percent_Complete__c. I would like to display final status summary if percent complete is 100 otherwise display status summary on my page.