• 40 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to use a flow to achieve the following. I need to update the End Date on all pse__Schedule__c records associated to a project. To do this I am querying(fast lookup) the pse__Assignment__c records that are associated to the project. Then looping through the Assignment collection to collect the pse__Schedule__c record ids(using the lookup field on the Assignment record) into a collection variable. My intention was to do a fast lookup using the collection variable containing the schedule record ids. Loop the Schedule sobject collection, assign the end date and update using fast update. I figured I cannot use a fast lookup on a collection variable. Has anyone found a workaround in visual flow to achieve this? or Is apex invocable method the only viable solution to this?
Is it possible to initiate another batch from the Execute method of a running batch?
My requirement:
Users charge time to Timecards. At the end of the week I have a group of timecards (Timecard Header records) where time is charged to place holder projects. These place holder projects have child projects that are Billable projects. The time charged to these place holder projects should be distributed to all the active milestones of these child projects. Currently, I have a future method that takes the time from this timecard with the place holder project and distributes it the active milestones of the child projects by creating time card Header record for each of these active milestone/project combination. We are running into CPU time limit error when a place holder project has large no. of child projects.
In order to get around this problem I chose to implement this using batch apex. The idea is to have one batch apex batch1 to process these place holder timecards in batches of 1. Then in the Execute method of batch1, if the child project count > 50 then initiate batch2 from the Execute method to process 10 child projects at a time.

SOQL does not support the UNION operator. I have two custom objects that I need to query and UNION the results.
Has anyone encountered the same issue? If so, what was the workaround?

Thanks
Neema

Hello,
We are looking into the possibility of adding a custom related lists on one of our custom object. I also need to add a button in the custom related list called 'Edit', so when clicks the button , the user is taken to another VF page to edit or add information to the related list.
Has anyone implemented any such similar functionality in their org?
Based on  my research, adding the hover link at the top of the page is not possible? Is this true?

If I use a visual force page to display the custom related list as a page block table, how can I add this cutom related list at the bottom of the detail page of the custom object?

Hello,
I have the following requirement.
Create a custom button on the opportunity object. The opportunity object has custom fields (street,city,state,zip,country)When the button is clicked , open a visual force page in a new window and display the address information on the page.
I could pass the address values as parameters to the new window. The visual force page also has a button 'Search'. When the search button is clicked, it will search for opportunities within a mile and display results in a page block table with checkboxes next to each row. Each row in the table has opportunity name and other columns The user should be able to select the checkboxes and clicking Ok, should include the Opportunity name as links in a custom rich text field on the opportunity.
I am trying to figure out the best possible way to pass the opportunity id's/names from the visual force page to the opportunity page when the user selects the checkboxes and clicks OK.
Any help is highly appreciated.

Hello,
I need to release a changeset from developer sandbox to full sandbox without running tests. This is my first time developing and releasing in Sales Force. I want to work on writing tests after releasing  the change to full sandbox. Is this possible? I am aware that this does not apply to Production.
I want to group a a bunch of input fields under one radio button similar to ASP:Radiobutton.
Please see the below screen shot.
The forst radio button selected has "city" and "state" grouped togetrher.
Is it possible to do this usng the selectRadio component?

User-added image
We have a custom object called Project. This object has custom fields Latitude degrees,Latitude Minutes, Latitude seconds,Longitude Degrees,Longitude Minutes and Longitude seconds. When the user enters values in these fields and saves the Project object, I would like to create an apex trigger to calculate and populate decimal LAtitude and Longitude values into a custom Geolocation compound field. Is it possible to create a custom geolocation field?
Neema Gudur 
I have a requirement to geocode an address in realtime in Sales Force.
We curretly use an ESRI geocoding rest service to geocode an address in real time. This service returns a JSON response with lat/lon co-ordinates. In order to use this in sales force I could call the servoce from a controller but need a JSOn parser. Has anyone tried a similar approach? or any better approaches available?

Thank You
Neema
Is it possible to initiate another batch from the Execute method of a running batch?
My requirement:
Users charge time to Timecards. At the end of the week I have a group of timecards (Timecard Header records) where time is charged to place holder projects. These place holder projects have child projects that are Billable projects. The time charged to these place holder projects should be distributed to all the active milestones of these child projects. Currently, I have a future method that takes the time from this timecard with the place holder project and distributes it the active milestones of the child projects by creating time card Header record for each of these active milestone/project combination. We are running into CPU time limit error when a place holder project has large no. of child projects.
In order to get around this problem I chose to implement this using batch apex. The idea is to have one batch apex batch1 to process these place holder timecards in batches of 1. Then in the Execute method of batch1, if the child project count > 50 then initiate batch2 from the Execute method to process 10 child projects at a time.

SOQL does not support the UNION operator. I have two custom objects that I need to query and UNION the results.
Has anyone encountered the same issue? If so, what was the workaround?

Thanks
Neema

Hello,
We are looking into the possibility of adding a custom related lists on one of our custom object. I also need to add a button in the custom related list called 'Edit', so when clicks the button , the user is taken to another VF page to edit or add information to the related list.
Has anyone implemented any such similar functionality in their org?
Based on  my research, adding the hover link at the top of the page is not possible? Is this true?

If I use a visual force page to display the custom related list as a page block table, how can I add this cutom related list at the bottom of the detail page of the custom object?

Hello,
I have the following requirement.
Create a custom button on the opportunity object. The opportunity object has custom fields (street,city,state,zip,country)When the button is clicked , open a visual force page in a new window and display the address information on the page.
I could pass the address values as parameters to the new window. The visual force page also has a button 'Search'. When the search button is clicked, it will search for opportunities within a mile and display results in a page block table with checkboxes next to each row. Each row in the table has opportunity name and other columns The user should be able to select the checkboxes and clicking Ok, should include the Opportunity name as links in a custom rich text field on the opportunity.
I am trying to figure out the best possible way to pass the opportunity id's/names from the visual force page to the opportunity page when the user selects the checkboxes and clicks OK.
Any help is highly appreciated.

Hello,
I need to release a changeset from developer sandbox to full sandbox without running tests. This is my first time developing and releasing in Sales Force. I want to work on writing tests after releasing  the change to full sandbox. Is this possible? I am aware that this does not apply to Production.
I want to group a a bunch of input fields under one radio button similar to ASP:Radiobutton.
Please see the below screen shot.
The forst radio button selected has "city" and "state" grouped togetrher.
Is it possible to do this usng the selectRadio component?

User-added image
We have a custom object called Project. This object has custom fields Latitude degrees,Latitude Minutes, Latitude seconds,Longitude Degrees,Longitude Minutes and Longitude seconds. When the user enters values in these fields and saves the Project object, I would like to create an apex trigger to calculate and populate decimal LAtitude and Longitude values into a custom Geolocation compound field. Is it possible to create a custom geolocation field?