• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi ,
Can anyone help me out in creating a salesforce pardot training account .
  • June 16, 2016
Hi everyone new here as the community has prompted me to ask this forum this question.

I have a custom object that the data is filled from an API connection.  So when that new custom record is created I'd like to check to see if the email address on that record matches to any lead, contact or account that we may already have in Salesforce.

If YES to a match it would be great to populate the URL of that record ID to the custom object record.  

Does anyone have sample apex code or advice or able to assist me please?
Hello there,

I am only a Certified Salesforce Administrator but I require some guidance on the following.

We are setting up an Enterprise WSDL API

Once syncronised - by way of the external data being updated with current person account record Id's - I'd like it so that we can write a trigger to create a Person Account if the Person Account ID equals blank.  IE. That there is not an existing Person Account in Salesforce so create one when the external data source has a new registration for example
Hello

Because I can't use a roll up summary field how would I get the Sum of Opportunities FIeld Amount on to a Custom Object?

What trouble shooting first steps should take place first?
Hi everyone new here as the community has prompted me to ask this forum this question.

I have a custom object that the data is filled from an API connection.  So when that new custom record is created I'd like to check to see if the email address on that record matches to any lead, contact or account that we may already have in Salesforce.

If YES to a match it would be great to populate the URL of that record ID to the custom object record.  

Does anyone have sample apex code or advice or able to assist me please?
Hello

Because I can't use a roll up summary field how would I get the Sum of Opportunities FIeld Amount on to a Custom Object?
Hi All:

We have set up Partner Community where users can log as users of Partner Community. In that Community portal , users can view/edit Opportunity. The Community is using Customer Service (Napili) template

We also have got a page layout for Partner Community Profile and org defaul Lightning Record Page (which defines path, tabs etc.) The users can see all fields etc as defined in the page layout. However can't see the sales path at the top of the Opportunity page. In Salesforce, users can.

User-added image

I reckon the lightning record page is different for Community than one in Salesforce. 

Is there any way we can show sales path in Community?

Thanks and regards,
Anindya

Dear Developers,

I am in a project based environment and most of my forecast amounts must be broken per delivery month of the project. For example, if an opportunity worth USD 40000 is closed today and it will be delivered from Novermber to January. The forecast should split the Amount per Month and not lumpsum, which its doint on date of deal closure. Any one who has done this.

I dont want to use a project mnagement tool for billing...just want to have everything on Salesforce.

Thanks & Regards,
Cassim
I need to find a way to keep certain users from creating new opportunities, thereby only being able to create them by converting a lead.  We have a sales process that starts with lead creation, and it completely throws off our metrics when an opportunity is created directly rather than through lead conversion.  That being said, one team SHOULD be able to do create directly (even if it's only from the 'clone' button).  SF support said I need custom code for this and I've no clue where to start.  Any help would be appreciated.
Hi ,
Can anyone help me out in creating a salesforce pardot training account .
  • June 16, 2016

Hello,

I'd like to create a new Person Account via API.  I have Person Account enabled.  Ideally, I want to create a Person Account in one shot, but I don't think it's possible?  I need to create an Account and 1 associated Contact and then convert the account to a Person Account type?  

void testCreateAndDestroyStudentAccount() { def first = "APIFirst" def last = "APILast" // create new, non-person Account first Account acct = new Account() acct.name = "${last}" def organizationaccount = getRecordTypes().find { it.name =='Educational Organization' } acct.recordTypeId = organizationaccount.id acct.ownerId = salesforce_owner_id acct.gender__pc = '' acct.languages__pc = '' acct.firstName = '' acct.lastName = '' acct.salutation = '' acct.level__pc = '' SaveResult[] result = salesForceService.createObjects(acct) result.each { it.errors.each { com.sforce.soap.partner.Error er -> println "ERROR: ${er.getMessage()}" } assertTrue("should have created account", it.success) println "Account ID: ${it.id}" acct.id = it.id } println "creating contact..." Contact contact = new Contact() contact.setFirstName(first) contact.setLastName(last) contact.accountId = acct.id contact.recordTypeId = '' contact.ownerId = salesforce_owner_id result = salesForceService.createObjects(contact) result.each { it.errors.each { com.sforce.soap.partner.Error er -> println "Create contact ERROR: ${er.getMessage()}" } assertTrue("should have created contact", it.success) println "CONTACT ID: ${it.id}" contact.id = it.id } def studentaccount = getRecordTypes().find { it.name =='Student Account' } acct.recordTypeId = studentaccount.id result = salesForceService.updateObjects(acct) result.each { it.errors.each { com.sforce.soap.partner.Error er -> println "Update Account ERROR: ${er.getMessage()}" } fail("should have converted to Person Account") } }

Code creates an Account and Contact fine, but fails at the update when attempting to convert to a Person Account (at the end) with message:

Cannot specify any additional fields when marrying or separating a Person-Account

Ideas?  Thoughts? Suggestions?

I appreciate any insight

Todd