• ALL STAR
  • 12771 Points
  • Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am new to lightning.Can anyone help me to learn lightning via Examples with the basics and then implementations.
Hello,

I have an Apex controller that updates a Case record then redirects back to a Case Lightning Record Page. Although the redirect to the Case page is successful, the values on the page are not refreshed, so still showing the old values?

I am using the code below:

PageReference retURL = new PageReference('/lightning/r/Case/' + updatedCase.Id + '/view');
        retURL.setRedirect(true);
        return retURL;

I don't understand why it would navigate to the Case Lightning Page but not display the latest values?

Anybody had similar issues, if so how did you resolve this?

• August 22, 2018
Hello, 

So I was working on one of the projects on trailhead called "Build a Conference Management App" and on one of the steps it has me add a Lightning Component but I was getting the error that I have to have My Domain. So I created one called "dabest-dev-ed.my.salesforce.com". It still was not working. So I deployed My Domain to all users and it instantly logged me out of my session and told me to log in again but before it did I saw that it was marked (I believe) not to allow logins from login.salesforce.com. Now I cannot log in any way. It feels like I am stuck in a loop. Can anyone please help me? I don't get any errors saying that my password was wrong I just get this message "To access this page, you have to log in to Salesforce." after going to the domain.
Hi. I'm a newbie with Salesforce and I've created a Developer Account for a while and now I want to work with Salesforce DX. So I think I have to Register for a Dev Hub Org on this site: 
https://developer.salesforce.com/promotions/orgs/dx-signup
the problem is that it doesn't ask me any password but when I want to go to the link that I've received and login, it needs a password. so I cannot login anymore. What should I do? 
I just want to work and get familiar with the Salesforce DX features. 
If somebody has a good reference for creating an account (Get your own 30-day Dev Hub Trial Org), please share it. 
i have 2 user that has the salesforcce plugin for outlook.  the side panel shows up but cant get the toolbar create case button to show up.  went in the add-in option in outlook and both the toolbar and sidepanel is checked off.   Has anyone in here have seen this or know how to fix this issue?  We are using office 2016.
Hi,

What are the languages supported by Einstein chat bot? It looks like it is only English. Does it support Spanish?
The unit that I ran into speed bump is: Protect Your Salesforce Data > User Authentication > Set Up Single Sign-On for Your Internal Users

This unit required previous modules' data, like the user info.

Please add the related/resource link in the unit to speed up trailblazers' progress.

Hi all,

I'm trying to find out how I can automatically create a Community user when a Contact is created. I've had a look around and I think this could be done using an Apex class (?) as a part of a workflow but this is something I'm completely new to, so I haven't got any idea where to start. Is anyone able to give me any guidance here?

Thanks,

Tristan

Hello all,
I'm trying to use the WSDL2Apex standard function with a WSDL from BusinessObjects.
When in the last step, it raises me an error saying:

Apex Generation Failed
Unsupported WSDL. Found more than one part for message GetReportBlock_tarariSoapIn

I looked at the WSDL and there's only one portType, one binding and one service (as SF requires), and this is the part where the mentioned error occurs:

<message name="GetReportBlock_tarariSoapIn">
      <part name="parameters" element="s0:GetReportBlock_tarari" />
      <part name="request_header" element="s0:QaaWSHeader" />
</message>

Anyone can please help me out with this? Thanks a lot in advance!
Hi,

I have been getting this error on step four already. After I created a new playground and started it over again I passed step four.

Now I am at step 5 and I am getting the same error again:
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 

There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id 0061t0000023DTFAA2; first error: CANNOT_EXECUTE_FLOW_TRIGGER, We can't save this record because the “Sales Automation” process failed. Give your Salesforce admin these details. An unhandled fault has occurred in this flow
An unhandled fault has occurred while processing the flow. Please contact your system administrator for more information. Error ID: 2141850737-7587 (-1606655180): []

Any advice on that would really help!

Hi All,

I am getting following error for my class:
Unexpected parameter encountered during deserialization: name at [line:2, column:9]
errorCode: JSON_PARSER_ERROR

below is my code for same.
i am trying to insert account name thrugh workbench
@RestResource(urlMapping='/Account/*')
 global with sharing class NewCustCreation
 {
    //public String Status {get;set;}
    //public List<Account> Data {get;set;}
    //public String Message {get;set;}
    //public String ErrorCode {get; set;}

public class Account
     {

public String Name;
     }

@HttpPost
    global static String dopost(String Name)
    {
        system.debug('-----------Name----------------------'+Name);
        RestRequest req = RestContext.request;
        RestResponse res = RestContext.response; 
         Account account =  new Account();
         account.name=name;
         String success = 'Welcome to Salesforce';
         String error = 'Error';
         if(Name!= '')
         {
              return Name;
         }
         else
         {
              return error;   
         }

}
    public static NewCustCreation parse(String json)
        {
        return (NewCustCreation) System.JSON.deserialize(json, NewCustCreation.class);
        }
    }

Request Body:
{
"name":"Eniig Customer"
}
Hi,

I am trying to help a customer figure out why, when a user logs into their Community, they are first shown the wrong page before being directed to the Community's actual URL. 

I noticed that, when the wrong page is first shown, the URL ends in '/home/home.jsp'. I'm not sure what this is, but I would like the user to be brought directly to the designated Community URL, without being directed through this intermediate 'home' page.

Is this possible? Also, what exactly is this '/home/home.jsp' page?

Thanks!
Hi,

I believe I have completed the challenge but I keep getting this isssue: There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: QRZHIGVX

I created a new trailhead playground and am getting the same error. I am trying to finish this badge to do a superbadge. Anyone have any tips?
Hi,

I have a beginner's problem:

I have a custom object (Candidates) with a VF page that overrides the standard form. Underneath there should be a list of records already submitted through the form. My code displays the form correctly, yet the list shows up empty. If i save a form entry, it appears in the list but disappears on refresh.  Is it possible to fix this issue exclusively in VF?

Here is the code:
<apex:page standardController="Candidates__c">
    <apex:form id="theForm">

<apex:pageBlock title="Enter candidate">
            <apex:pageBlockSection columns="2">
                <apex:inputfield value="{!Candidate__c.FirstName__c}"/>
                <apex:inputfield value="{!Candidate__c.LastName__c}"/>                
            </apex:pageBlockSection>
     </apex:pageBlock>

<apex:pageBlock title="List of Candidates">
   <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Candidates__c}" var="candidates">
      <apex:column value="{!candidates.FirstName}"/>
      <apex:column value="{!candidates.LastName}"/>
   </apex:pageBlockTable>

</apex:form>
    </apex:page>

• July 25, 2018
How would I write a validation rule to ensure that all children (object) have a Date of Birth that would make them under 18 on a specific date? e.g. 2nd July 2018 so born after 2nd July 2000
FLOOR(( Shift_End_Time__c - Shift_Start_Time__c )*24)
 Error: Incorrect parameter type for operator '-'. Expected Number, Date, received DateTime
Please help me with error
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Top Volunteers' report is not sorting the correct direction.

User-added imageUser-added image
Can anyone help me with the below Questions:
How we can enable/implement Chatter Questions in Community.
After this how we can convert the best answer in to a knowledge article.
Hello All,

I am trying to create a community user, i went through the folowing steps:
1. Created an account.
2. Created a contact
3. On the contact detail page, clicked on 'Manage external user' and created a user.

The issue is that when the external user is created, that external user is not receiving the welcome email or the reset password email. 
Hello!!!!!!!

in the beow code i am displaying date but i want to dispaly as per the standard look as salesfroce date displaying.
<apex:page controller="UserRegistrationForm" docType="html-5.0">

<apex:form >
        <apex:pageBlock >
            <apex:pageBlockButtons >
                <apex:commandButton action="{!SaveUserRegistrationForm}" value="Sumbit"/>
                <apex:commandButton action="{!cancelMe}" value="Cancel"/>
            </apex:pageBlockButtons>
            <apex:pageBlockSection >
                Name:<apex:inputText value="{!name}"/>
                LastName:<apex:inputText value="{!lastName}"/>
                User Name:<apex:inputText value="{!userName}"/>
                Password:<apex:inputSecret value="{!password}"/>
                Date:<apex:input type="date" value="{!dateOfBirth}"/>

</apex:pageBlockSection>

Hello!
I'm using a slightly modified version of the python salesforce_reporting package to download reports from salesforce.  The modification is to the script involves editing the json reporting metadata passed to the post request by adding an extra field "sortBy": [<api col name>, "Asc"] or "Desc" in accordance to https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_analytics.meta/api_analytics/sforce_analytics_rest_api_report_query.htm.  However this is not working and I'm wondering if anyone has had success.  I've tried variation of "Asc", "asc", "ASCENDING" but none of them work and it is not clear from the webpage what the correct thing to do is.   Thanks!
I want to show reports in Partner community and got error :

User-added image
  • August 29, 2018
issue:
While creating a New Opportunity, if user is pressing the “Enter” key, then the record is not getting save. Afer clicked on ENTER its redirecting to the opportunity list view page.
My expectation:
After all data entry in the new opportunity VF page if user click on ENTER button then the data should save and details page should open.
What is the issue on the VF page? Why ENTER button not working?

I have a domain that i need to change it to another one. How can i do this?
Hello Admins/Developers,
I have a requirement where a checkbox is to be checked if a record is created by a specific profile this week. So, I got the following formula: IF(CreatedBy.Profile.Name = "Territory Sales Manager" && DateValue(CreatedDate) =  THIS_WEEK  , True, False).
In the above formula, THIS_WEEK is not working in formula field. I'm recieving " Error: Incorrect parameter type for operator '='. Expected Date, received Text" error. 
Can anyone help me out with this createdDate issue so that I can extract this week's record along with the profile name.

Reagrds,
Krishna
Currently working through the Import and Export with Data Management Tools > Use Data Loader to Import Data unit, but am unable to complete the challenge as i am unable to login to the SOAP API, error:' Failed to send request
Hi, I am an Administrator who is starting out in Visualforce and just needs help with this; 

I created a visualforce page that shows the related list of a custom object; Here is what I used; 

<apex:page standardController="Account_Plans__c">
<apex:pageBlock >
<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Account_Plans__c.Key_Contact_and_Objective__r}" var="Key_Contact_and_Objective">
 <apex:column headervalue="Key Contact and Objective"><apex:outputLink value="/{!Key_Contact_and_Objective.id}">{!Key_Contact_and_Objective.Name}</apex:outputLink></apex:column>
  <apex:column value="{!Key_Contact_and_Objective.Key_Contact_Name__c}  "/> 
  <apex:column value="{!Key_Contact_and_Objective.Contact_Title__c}"/>
  <apex:column value="{!Key_Contact_and_Objective.Hugrank__c}"/>
  <apex:column value="{!Key_Contact_and_Objective.Hugrank_Score_Increase__c}"/>
  <apex:column value="{!Key_Contact_and_Objective.Pardot_Score__c}"/>
  <apex:column value="{!Key_Contact_and_Objective.Pardot_Score_Increased__c}"/>
  <apex:column value="{!Key_Contact_and_Objective.Pardot_score_date_updated__c}"/>
  <apex:column value="{!Key_Contact_and_Objective.Relationship_Lead__c}"/>
  <apex:column value="{!Key_Contact_and_Objective.What_they_care_about__c}"/>
  <apex:column value="{!Key_Contact_and_Objective.Role__c}"/>

The issue with this is - When I am clicking on Lookup values (Accounts related and Account plan name) they are opening the same component that I created and is not opening a new tab. 

Question: What Can i do to make any lookup clicks open in a new tab?
Hello, while tackling the module Reports & Dashboards for Lightning Experience  Visualize Your Data with the Lightning Dashboard Builder, I encountered this error, error ID: POOGPIMN

Below is the error detail, I have used latest DE.
"There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: POOGPIMN"
Hi All,

I'm trying to Integrate salesforce with magento. Can someone give me the sample code to connect with magento from salesforce.

Thanks

Hi All,
I have a detail page Button(VF) to create a Components records for the parent record in standard Page.

After entering a input in VF page, If I press the Enter Key button before saving the record...automatically it's redirecting to the parent record page.

Due to this, I Lost my All Input values.Kindly Assist me to overcome this issue.

My VF page :

<apex:page standardController="Product2" extensions="AddProductComponent">

<apex:form >

<apex:pageMessages id="err"></apex:pageMessages>

<apex:pageBlock title="Product Informations">

<div align ="Right"> <apex:commandButton value="Back" action="{!Cancel}" /> </div>
        <table width="80%">
        <tr>
        <td>Product name</td>
        <td>{!Product2.name}</td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
        <td>Product Code</td>
        <td>{!Product2.ProductCode}</td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
        <td>Product Category</td>
        <td>{!Product2.Family}</td>
        </tr>
        </table>

<apex:pageblockButtons location="bottom" >
        <apex:inputtext value="{!addCount}"/>
        <apex:commandButton value="Add Row" action="{!addRows}" rendered="{!show1}"/>

</apex:pageblockButtons>
          <apex:pageblockButtons location="bottom">
        <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/>
        <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!Cancel}"/>
        </apex:pageblockButtons>

<apex:pageBlock title="Component Informations" rendered="{!show1}" >  
        <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!wrappers}" var="wrapper" id="wtable">
        <apex:column headerValue="Ident">
        <apex:outputText value="{!wrapper.ident}"/>
        </apex:column>

<apex:column headerValue="Raw Material Name">
        <apex:inputField value="{!wrapper.bkmas.Raw_Material__c}">    
        </apex:inputField>        

<apex:column headerValue="Measurement">
        <apex:inputfield value="{!wrapper.bkmas.Measurement__c}"/>

<apex:column headerValue="Quantity">
        <apex:inputfield value="{!wrapper.bkmas.Quantity__c}"/>

<apex:column headerValue="Description">
        <apex:inputfield value="{!wrapper.bkmas.Description__c}"/>

Apex Class:

public class AddProductComponent {

//Declarartions
    List<Product2> LstProduct = new List<Product2>();
    List<Component__c> lstComp = new List<Component__c>(); 
    String RecId;

public static Integer addCount {get; set;}
    private Integer nextIdent=01;
    List<Innerclass> wrappers = new  List<Innerclass>();
    boolean show = true;
    boolean show1 = true;

public AddProductComponent(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {
        RecId = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id');
        LstProduct = [Select Id,Name,ProductCode,Family,Total_No_of_Raw_Materials__c
                      from Product2 where id=:RecId];
        lstComp  = [select id,Name,Raw_Material__c,Quantity__c,Measure_Unit__c,Description__c, 
                    Product__c ,Measurement__c,Raw_Material__r.Code__c, RawMaterial_Code__c from Component__c where Product__c =: RecId];

if(lstComp.size()<=0){
            addRows();
        }
        else {
            show1 = false;
            Message();
        }            

}

public boolean getshow()
    {
         return show;
    }

public boolean getshow1()
    {
         return show1;
    }

public List<Innerclass> getwrappers()
    {
    return wrappers;
    }

Public Void Message(){

ApexPages.addmessage(new ApexPages.message(ApexPages.severity.WARNING,'You cannot enter Components to this Product, Please use Edit Component Button'));
    }

public void addRows()
    {   
        for (Integer idx=0; idx<addCount; idx++)
        {
        wrappers.add(new Innerclass(nextIdent++));
        }
    }

public pagereference save()
    {
        List <Component__c>  lstcomp =  new List <Component__c>();
        for(Innerclass wrap:wrappers)
        {
            Component__c component =  new Component__c();
            string ident = string.valueof(wrap.ident);
            if(ident.length()== 1) {
                 component.Name = '0'+ ident;
            } else{
                component.Name = ident;
            }
            component.Raw_Material__c = wrap.bkmas.Raw_Material__c;
            component.Quantity__c = wrap.bkmas.Quantity__c;
            component.Description__c = wrap.bkmas.Description__c;
            component.RawMaterial_Code__c = wrap.bkmas.RawMaterial_Code__c;
            component.Measurement__c = wrap.bkmas.Measurement__c;
            component.Product__c = Recid;
            lstcomp.add(component);
        }
        try {
            insert lstcomp;
            PageReference acctPage = new PageReference ('/' + RecId);
            acctPage.setRedirect(true);
            return acctPage;   
        } catch (exception ex) {
            apexpages.message err = new apexpages.message(apexpages.severity.ERROR,ex.getmessage());
            apexpages.addmessage(err);
            return null;
        }
    }

//Intermediate Class()
    public class Innerclass
    {
    public string CustomId;
    public Component__c bkmas {get; private set;}
    public Integer ident {get; private set;}
        public Innerclass(Integer inIdent)
        {

ident=inIdent;
        bkmas =new Component__c ();
        }
    }
}

We have a custom object called ‘Inspection’ and whenever ‘Partial’ checkbox field on the object is true the ‘Inspection_Popup’ vf page will invoke from page layout and popup screen will ask for confirmation to create a new inspection record. This functionality was working before but after enabling ‘clickjack protection’ got URL doesn’t exist error. I followed Salesforce recommended suggestions, then the popup is showing off for only 1 second then going off. But when it meets the above mentioned criteria to invoke vf page if I’m on a inspection record and move to any new tab before the popup shows off, then the popup constantly showing on the inspection record until user clicks any button on it.

The 'Global Search Results' Community component allows us to select the object(s) to display in the search results but I am unable to find a place where I can change the tab name for the component. For example, 'Discussions' shows posts/questions related to the search string but I would like to rename the tab to Questions. The Search Results component allows for changing the label so I'm assuming I'm just missing where to modify this. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

Global Search Results Component:
User-added image

Search Results Component
User-added image

• August 27, 2018
Is it possible to change the fields show in the standard 'Global Search Results' component in Communities? For example, I would like to remove the Article # and validation status and replace this with the data category the article has.  See screenshot below. 

User-added image

• August 27, 2018
Hi,

I have a requirement to display the link of the uploaded file in the field.

I have created a formula field (View file) and using this hyperlink
HYPERLINK("#/ContentDocument/0690E000000Qfy1QAC/view?fv0=" &CORE_Tech_File_Link__c, "_self")

where ContentDocumentId - 0690E000000Qfy1QAC, CORE_Tech_File_Link__c is text field

but its throwing an error : No syntax errors in merge fields or functions. (Compiled size: 156 characters)
Also I want to make this hyperlink as dynamic.

Really appreciate your help.!!
Robot not working on this unit. Trail "Customize an Org to Support a New Business Unit" and unit is "Manage Users". I completed the challenge in two playgrounds (1 and 2) - but the robot is stuck at one user being incorrect (Fumiko Suzuki - who I created twice in PG 2 and again in PG 1. No luck getting the robot to recognize it. 
Any ideas on how to fix it??

I have a custom object called Policies which has a lookup field to Contacts. 

In the Case object, I have created a lookup field to Policies. When a user inputs the Policy number I'd like the Case Contact Lookup field to auto populate with the Contact name related to that policy number. 

Can anyone help me with the code for this? Also, if I introduce a trigger on the Case record, will this have an affect on my email to case function. I had configured a Lookup filter on the Contact lookup field which prevented the email to case from working. So I had to remove it. 
  • October 23, 2016
Hi All,

We have a requirement where based on the Last Modified User we need to set the Priority value in a custom Field. However, we are doing this in the Before Update Event and hence are not getting the value for the Last Modified By in the Trigger.new. Can you please help us understand in which user's perspective would the Data.com Clean Job run so that we can Identify that the record was updated by a Data.com Clean Job.

What would be the value that UserInfo.getUserId() return in the before update event in this case as the data.com Clean Job runs in the background?

Thanks in advance.
Hello,

I started the "Start Exploring Wave Analytics" Trail and I need to registrate for creation of a specific wave enabled demo.
It seems the form submission is frozen so far.
Could someone help?

Thanks!
Hi frnds,
     I created a community with napili template and created a tab(navigation menu) which contains a custom object.In deskop,We are able to create records of that object but once we login into community from salesforce1 app in mobile,we are unable to create records as "New" button is not visible. Let me know if anyone has some solution to it...