• Housing Partners

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi folks,

I've been powering my way through Trailhead recently, I've now gone through all of the Admin (just looking through the Advanced trail currently) and also want to gain a better understanding of Programmatic side/more Development focused features.

It probably helps if I state that I've worked in Sales for most of my career so  stepping into the technical realm is a fairly big jump for me! Can anyone advise:

- Would it be best to cotinue with the advanced admin trail *before* moving onto the 'Developer - Beginner' trail, or is it worth learning the programmatic side along with declarative before tackling the final trail?

- Is there a good place to start learning APEX? I have a very basic understanding of the code from what i've managed to gleam through Trailhead, but it seems like a 'JAVA/C# for Dummies' book or something similar may be a good idea?

If anyone could spare 2 mins to give me some advice I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance

Jack
Hi folks,

I've been powering my way through Trailhead recently, I've now gone through all of the Admin (just looking through the Advanced trail currently) and also want to gain a better understanding of Programmatic side/more Development focused features.

It probably helps if I state that I've worked in Sales for most of my career so  stepping into the technical realm is a fairly big jump for me! Can anyone advise:

- Would it be best to cotinue with the advanced admin trail *before* moving onto the 'Developer - Beginner' trail, or is it worth learning the programmatic side along with declarative before tackling the final trail?

- Is there a good place to start learning APEX? I have a very basic understanding of the code from what i've managed to gleam through Trailhead, but it seems like a 'JAVA/C# for Dummies' book or something similar may be a good idea?

If anyone could spare 2 mins to give me some advice I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance

Jack
I have just set up a developer account and have tried to log in but the first time I have treid the site comes up in French everytime and won't let me in.
I am trying to enter it via the following link: 
To easily log in later, save this URL:
https://login.salesforce.com/

everything is in French and then it asks me the incorrect security questions and has locked me out - have now asked for a password rest for the 3rd time.