• Software Development Team Lead
  • Midland IRA

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I've used the following method in the past to delete apex classes from production. Is there a better or easier way to do it?

https://www.salesforceben.com/way-to-delete-apex-classes-from-production/

(The title of the article is "An Easier Way to Delete Apex Classes from Production," but it's a few years old now, and I'm looking for an *even* easier way. I guess I'm greedy?)

I have found numerous old references to using the Force.com IDE but the IDE has been officially retired. I'm also looking for an option that doesn't involve the ANT Migration tool.
We would like to move Visualforce pages into a Lightning community. But it looks like we need to rework links to target urls in this format {!$Site.Prefix}/s/communitypagename. Is there another option similar to Site.Prefix that includes the '/s' which appears to be added to the end of community urls?

For context, we are converting a Visualforce community to a Lightning community. The first step we are considering is to move our existing Visualforce pages. Later we plan on iteratively rebuilding the Visualforce pages with Lightning Web Components. 
When associating a Salesforce File to an object in the UI, the associated ContentDocumentLink and ContentVersion records are not returned when the public guest/site user queries for them. An internal Salesforce user can query for them fine. I've tried updating sharing settings, changing owners, and verified my query runs without sharing. The only thing that seems to work is if I recreate those objects in apex, then the user can query for them.

Has anyone run into this? Is there a way for the site user to have access without recreating the objects in apex?
I've used the following method in the past to delete apex classes from production. Is there a better or easier way to do it?

https://www.salesforceben.com/way-to-delete-apex-classes-from-production/

(The title of the article is "An Easier Way to Delete Apex Classes from Production," but it's a few years old now, and I'm looking for an *even* easier way. I guess I'm greedy?)

I have found numerous old references to using the Force.com IDE but the IDE has been officially retired. I'm also looking for an option that doesn't involve the ANT Migration tool.
When associating a Salesforce File to an object in the UI, the associated ContentDocumentLink and ContentVersion records are not returned when the public guest/site user queries for them. An internal Salesforce user can query for them fine. I've tried updating sharing settings, changing owners, and verified my query runs without sharing. The only thing that seems to work is if I recreate those objects in apex, then the user can query for them.

Has anyone run into this? Is there a way for the site user to have access without recreating the objects in apex?