• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi -

We have a custom "Student Events" object that has a related list for Attendees. We'd like to be able to automatically create an Attendee record based on the creator when the record is created. I've tried using Process Builder to create an Attendee record for the contact record related to the user (CreatedBy.Contact.Id) but it fails:
The flow failed to access the value for myVariable_current.CreatedBy.Contact.Id because it hasn't been set or assigned.

All users in the system are also Contacts. Is what we're trying to do possible in Salesforce?

Thanks!
Hi - in this trailhead:
Visualizing Your Data with the Lightning Dashboard Builder

It's talking about creating a dashboard in lightning, but then says "Note: To add a table to your dashboard, switch to Salesforce Classic."

But I thought once you edit a dashboard in lightning that you can not then edit it in Classic?

Thanks,
Elizabeth
This is probably pretty basic but I'm new to Visualforce.

I'm looking for how I would create a test for controller like the trailhead on Creating & Using Custom Controllers.
https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/visualforce_fundamentals/visualforce_custom_controllers

The test page code is:
<apex:page controller="ContactsListController">
    <apex:form>
        <apex:pageBlock title="Contacts List" id="contacts_list">

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{! contacts }" var="ct"> 
<apex:column value="{! ct.FirstName }"/> 
<apex:column value="{! ct.LastName }"/> 
<apex:column value="{! ct.Title }"/> 
<apex:column value="{! ct.Email }"/>
 </apex:pageBlockTable>

</apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>
And the controller code:
public class ContactsListController {

private String sortOrder = 'LastName';

public List<Contact> getContacts() {

List<Contact> results = Database.query(
        'SELECT Id, FirstName, LastName, Title, Email ' +
        'FROM Contact ' +
        'ORDER BY ' + sortOrder + ' ASC ' +
        'LIMIT 10'
    );
    return results;
}

public void sortByLastName() {
    this.sortOrder = 'LastName';
}

public void sortByFirstName() {
    this.sortOrder = 'FirstName';
}

}
I have similiar code working in my sandbox, but am not sure where to start to create run tests for this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Good morning -

I'm reviewing the various training options am trying to decide if the in-person DEV401 course is worth it. My employer is willing to pay for it, but is it worth the cost compared to the other online training options? Is it a deeper dive then what I could do via Trailhead, for instance? How hands-on is the DEV401 course?

Many thanks,
Elizabeth
Hi -

We have a custom "Student Events" object that has a related list for Attendees. We'd like to be able to automatically create an Attendee record based on the creator when the record is created. I've tried using Process Builder to create an Attendee record for the contact record related to the user (CreatedBy.Contact.Id) but it fails:
The flow failed to access the value for myVariable_current.CreatedBy.Contact.Id because it hasn't been set or assigned.

All users in the system are also Contacts. Is what we're trying to do possible in Salesforce?

Thanks!
The first challangeof this Superbadge seems to be problematic, showing the following message:
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
We could not find enough records in the 'Contacts' object. There should be at least 100 from the import.

What is interesting is that everything seems complete to me! I have inserted 100 contacts and 100 accounts, and of course all other items (Opportunities and Contact Hobbies).

Any idea why I see this error message?

Hello,

I'm pretty new to Salesforce so please forgive me if I'm posting to the wrong area. I'm trying to install an app from the app exchange to my Sandbox. I log in to my admin account to install and I get a popup asking me to approve third party access to the app. The button that says continue is grayed out so I'm unable to continue with the  installation.

User-added image

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

I've verified and linked my Trailhead profile but the badges are not showing up. Any ideas on what I can check?
I'm trying to do the data import wizard exercise (https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/force_com_admin_beginner/data_management/data_import) and I'm getting the above error when I choose the file Trailhead tells me to download.  I went searching in the forums for an answer to this and tried the one suggestion -- copying to a notepad app and re-importing into excel.  It didn't work.  The other "suggestion" is to change browsers.  I don't find this an acceptable alternative.  In addition to the time and hassle it will take to shut everything down and fire it all back up in another browser, I don't have appropriate security set up on IE and I don't trust Chrome at all.  I also can't ask my users to do that every time they want to import. 

I've already been using the DataLoader and, where possible, DemandTools to import data.  I thought this would be a chance to learn how the Import Wizard works.  But all this exercise tells me is what other folks have told me before -- the Import Wizard is a pain and they don't use it. 

I don't expect the Trailhead forum to fix this, but I am about to load the required data using DataLoader.  I hope the Challenge doesn't care how I loaded it.  I will report back.  But in the meantime if anyone has any useful suggestions, please chime in.  Thanks.
Hi,

I am using
<apex: selectoptions ={!listValue} id=picklist" />

here listValue is holding values 1,2,3,4,5 but i want to make 3 as defualt. How can I make it using javascript/jquery? Please help

I wanted to create  a Group called Applicaiton Group and wanted to add  users to this group like one group has on or more users.  
And then I wanted to use the Application group name as  a lookup field in one of my custom object.
I undertand I cannot use Users standard object in any master detail relationship. 

My custom object is a kind of  Case Ticket, and I want to use the field "Assinged Group" to a group name, and in the next lookup "Assinged person" to a user in that group.

Then I found Public group and I thought I can use this . I can add users to public group, but I cannot use public group as a lookup in my custom object.
Is force.com so limited like this? I am very disappointed

Is there any way to achieve what I am looking for.? I am very new to force.com and apex.  Can somone please guide me?

Thanks

George