• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Greetings,

I have a custom integration/app (developed in house) that uses authenticated access via the Salesforce REST API. Will access to REST resources be impacted by switching to Lightning UI? Will any of the URLs - either for authentication or for accessing resources change?

What about afer enabling a custom domain? For instance, the app currently uses login.salesforce.com for the base portion of the authorization URL. Would that change with a custom domain?

Thanks for any info or insights!

-Steve

I have a custom object that logs events for each account. It's set up as a master-detail and works just fine. However, I'd like to extract the total number of events for this year and for this month. I have the following SOQL query:

SELECT COUNT()
FROM  EventLog__c
WHERE Account__c = 'XXXXXXXXXXXX'
AND Time_Stamp__c = THIS_MONTH

This works fine, but is there a way to get the count for the current year in the same query, or do I have to submit a 2nd query using THIS_YEAR?

(p.s. I'm using REST API to submit the query - not Apex - although I'm not sure it matters.)

-Steve

I have weekly backups configured using SF's data export functionality. I also have Google Apps connected to SF via OAuth 2. I'd like to move the data export ZIP files to Google Drive - i.e. a simple cloud-to-cloud transfer. (It seems silly to have to manually download the backups and then upload them to Google Drive.) Is there a SF API that provides access to those ZIP archives?

Thanks for any info or insight you can provide,

-Steve
Greetings,

I have a custom integration/app (developed in house) that uses authenticated access via the Salesforce REST API. Will access to REST resources be impacted by switching to Lightning UI? Will any of the URLs - either for authentication or for accessing resources change?

What about afer enabling a custom domain? For instance, the app currently uses login.salesforce.com for the base portion of the authorization URL. Would that change with a custom domain?

Thanks for any info or insights!

-Steve

I have a custom object that logs events for each account. It's set up as a master-detail and works just fine. However, I'd like to extract the total number of events for this year and for this month. I have the following SOQL query:

SELECT COUNT()
FROM  EventLog__c
WHERE Account__c = 'XXXXXXXXXXXX'
AND Time_Stamp__c = THIS_MONTH

This works fine, but is there a way to get the count for the current year in the same query, or do I have to submit a 2nd query using THIS_YEAR?

(p.s. I'm using REST API to submit the query - not Apex - although I'm not sure it matters.)

-Steve

How to create an Opportunity using Rest API with a particular Record type - when the user has access to multiple Record Types.

Below is the sample to create opportunity:
URI: services/data/v39.0/sobjects/Opportunity
Http Method: Post
Input: {"Name":"Opp1","CloseDate":"2018-08-01","StageName":"New","Probability":"10","Amount":"2000"}
  • July 04, 2017