Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello Trailblazers! 

Badge = Service Cloud Macros
Unit = Create and Run Macros

I'm currently working through this unit and has run into the following issue. In the instructions for creating the first macro it says, "Select the publisher element for the macro. In the row with Active Case Tab >, choose Select Email Action, then click Done." However, the only value in the drop-down list for "Select Active Case Tab" available is Close Tab and Select Email Action is not in there.

Has anyone experienced the same?

Thank you!

Hello! I have a basic Task trigger that I need to move to production; however, I have no idea how to write a test class for it (don't understand test classes at all). Would appreciate any help on this! 

trigger TaskTrigger on Task (before insert) {

if ((Trigger.isBefore && Trigger.isInsert)) {
     for(Task t : Trigger.new)    {
          if(String.isNotBlank(string.valueOf(t.WhoId)) && (String.valueOf(t.WhoId)).startsWith('003') ){
                    // contact
                    t.Contact_Phone_Hidden_Lookup__c = t.WhoId;
                }
                else if(String.isNotBlank(string.valueOf(t.WhoId)) && String.valueOf(t.WhoId).startsWith('00Q') ){
                    t.Lead_Phone_Hidden_Lookup__c= t.WhoId;
                }
     }
    }
}
Hello! How can I write a trigger to make it so accounts that have specific record types cannot be deleted? 
Thank you! 
I'm trying to put together a SOQL query that would pull up the following information:

Part I:

SELECT Name, StageName, CloseDate, Amount, OwnerId,
FROM Opportunity WHERE StageName = 'Closed Won'
AND CloseDate = THIS_MONTH 

The part above works, but the problem is that I'm only getting the opportunity owner ID, not the name and I also need to limit output to the records where the owners have a specific role ID. 

The two pieces below are the pieces I need to add to the query and it seems that both of them are located on the User object. How do I write the relationship query that incorporates all three? 

Part II: 

FROM User WHERE UserRoleId = '00E0B000000zEGn'

Part III:

SELECT Username
I'm buiding a custom report in Visualforce. I need to display the sum of a specific field (basically same function as "Sumarize By This Field" in standard reports). How do you do this on a Visualforce page? Thank you! 
Hi All,

I need to display certain fields on a VF page with an asterics; however, when I add the custom display label, the help text associated disappears. Is there any way to achieve what I need while preserving the help text or is it a choice between help text and an asterics?

Here's the code:  <apex:outputField value="{!Opportunity.CloseDate}" label="Close Date *"/>
I created a VF page to use as a subsection on a page layout. The custom fields that I put on it appear in editing mode instead of the same way that they would appear normally. What I need to add to my code in order to get the "normal" Salesforce field look. I have a feeling that it's something super simple that I don't know about as I'm new to VF. Thank you!

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity" tabStyle="Opportunity">
<apex:form >
<apex:pageBlock >
<apex:pageBlockSection title="Before the Call">
<apex:inputField value="{!opportunity.ATS__c}"/>
<apex:inputField value="{!opportunity.Job_Boards_Agregators__c}"/>
<apex:inputField value="{!opportunity.Competitor_Watch__c}"/>
</apex:pageBlockSection>
</apex:pageBlock>

I've created a custom link that brings up a VF page that should display an image file (instructions for the reps). 

1. How to I reference the image file in VF code?
2. Where and how do I store the actual image file in Salesforce? 

Thank you!
We need to start creating opportunities on converting leads (up until now we've been creating them from accounts) and we have existing opportunity record types. When I uncheck the "Do not create a new Opportunity upon conversion" checkbox when converting a lead, I want a Visualforce page with the existing record types to come up so that a rep can select the correct one. Thank you!
Hi All,

I created a simple custom picklist field in the sandbox.

The name of the field is "Contract Type" and the picklist values are "Trial", "Base Contract" and "Renewal Contract". 

Following deployment, only the field name is visible on the page layout, but the picklist values themselves aren't there. The picklist values are on the edit page of the field and everything else looks normal. 

Does anyone know why this might be?

Thank you!
Hello! How can I write a trigger to make it so accounts that have specific record types cannot be deleted? 
Thank you! 
I've created a custom link that brings up a VF page that should display an image file (instructions for the reps). 

1. How to I reference the image file in VF code?
2. Where and how do I store the actual image file in Salesforce? 

Thank you!
Hello Trailblazers! 

Badge = Service Cloud Macros
Unit = Create and Run Macros

I'm currently working through this unit and has run into the following issue. In the instructions for creating the first macro it says, "Select the publisher element for the macro. In the row with Active Case Tab >, choose Select Email Action, then click Done." However, the only value in the drop-down list for "Select Active Case Tab" available is Close Tab and Select Email Action is not in there.

Has anyone experienced the same?

Thank you!

Thank you! 
I'm trying to put together a SOQL query that would pull up the following information:

Part I:

SELECT Name, StageName, CloseDate, Amount, OwnerId,
FROM Opportunity WHERE StageName = 'Closed Won'
AND CloseDate = THIS_MONTH 

The part above works, but the problem is that I'm only getting the opportunity owner ID, not the name and I also need to limit output to the records where the owners have a specific role ID. 

The two pieces below are the pieces I need to add to the query and it seems that both of them are located on the User object. How do I write the relationship query that incorporates all three? 

Part II: 

FROM User WHERE UserRoleId = '00E0B000000zEGn'

Part III:

SELECT Username
We need to start creating opportunities on converting leads (up until now we've been creating them from accounts) and we have existing opportunity record types. When I uncheck the "Do not create a new Opportunity upon conversion" checkbox when converting a lead, I want a Visualforce page with the existing record types to come up so that a rep can select the correct one. Thank you!
Hi All,

I created a simple custom picklist field in the sandbox.

The name of the field is "Contract Type" and the picklist values are "Trial", "Base Contract" and "Renewal Contract". 

Following deployment, only the field name is visible on the page layout, but the picklist values themselves aren't there. The picklist values are on the edit page of the field and everything else looks normal. 

Does anyone know why this might be?

Thank you!