• Salesforce Administrator
  • Tenants Together

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to create a cross object formula field on the Opportunity object so I can display the information contained in the field Check/Reference Number on the custom Payment object. The field for Check/Reference Number API named is npe01__Check_Reference_Number__c. But when I try to create the the cross object formula I get an error message stating the field doesn't exists. I have also taken the approach of trying to create a workflow rule that will update a custom field on the opportunity object with the information in the Check/Reference Number field, but cannot find the field to insert it in the workflow. Does anyone have any suggestions. We are using NPSP 3
Ok, here is my problem and maybe someone can come up with a solution. I'm working with a nonprofit which has a volunteer hotline. They have for years been using a static flat file database to capture intake info for their volunteer hotline. The script has zero logic, its just question/answer with no logical branching. I created a really nice script in Flow with some pretty niffty decision trees and programming. They way I initially set it up was that the volunteer hotline rep would go to the Contact tab, see if a contact already existed and if so scroll down to the Cases related list and click the New Case button which through a Visual Force page script I over wrote the button programming with would then take the user to the Flow script. If the Contact did not exist, they create one, and then follow the same procedure. It all worked just fine. Click the button, goes to the Flow script, go through the questions, create record and bingo the Case fields are all populated and the Case is attached to the correct contact. 

So this worked just fine, but as usual we had some up happy camper volunteers who didn't want to use the script. So I added another button with the original New Case scripting to the Contact layout. But, every time that got clicked it still went to the Flow script instead of the Case object where the volunteers who didn't want to use the script could manually fill in the fields without going through the scripted questions. As this was the Case I simply created a tab so they could created a Contact or pull one up, go to the Volunteer Hotline Case tab, go through the Flow script and then manually attached it to the Contact. 

Here is the problem, now they are not happy with this solution. They want to have it both ways i.e. 2 buttons, one which goes from Contact to New Case (with Flow script) and one that goes from the Contact to the Case tab so the fields can be filled in manually. And it thats not enough, when a rep is using the Flow when they reach the end and a new Case record is created they also want the Case to automatically close, which I don't this is possible. Does anyone have a solution where I can have 2 buttons on the Contact layout which will fulfill their needs, i.e. one that goes to the Flow script from the Contact, so that it creates a new case with attached contact, and one that goes from the Contact to the Case so the Case fields can be filled out manually. Personally if they are to lazy to simply hit the close case button, to bad. 
Here is my problem, and hoping someone can help with this. I set up a Process in Process Builder so that when we close a Case an email is sent to the tenant (we are a nonprofit specializing in helping tenants with landlord issues and tenant legal rights), thanking them and also requesting they go to our survey page to take a brief satisfaction survey so we can guage the effectiveness of our volunteer hotline reps. The problem occurs when we have a tenant who doesn't have an email address, and this is going to happen fairly frequently as we deal with many low income folks that don't have computer access. The Process is set that when the Case Status field is changed to Closed the email is sent, but when the email field is empty I get an error message and the Case record can not be converted to Closed. There are no problems when we have any email address, that works smoothly. I've tried several approaches to fix this and so far no luck. Anybody have a solution?
Just created a Flow script and button to launch it from the Contact object using a Visualforce page to create new cases for our volunteer hotline case management system. All of it works great, but last night some of the volunteers said they would rather not use the script and just create cases by bypassing the Flow script, which is fine with their manager. So today I tried to create an additional button that would bypass the script. I tried several solutions but each failed to bypass the Flow script, tried a Visualforce approach and URL link based button. Each time they launched the Flow. Anyone have any ideas how I can create an additional button on the Contact page to bypass the Flow script and go directly to creating a new Case? 
I added some new values to the Standard fields called Priority and Status on the Case object. After saving the edit and returning to the Case layout I don't see those new values, only the default value. Not sure why this is happening. Anyone have any ideas?
I created a Flow with a script to collect data for new Cases that come into our Volunteer Hotline at a nonprofit. The script works fine. The next step is to create a new button or override the current default New case button in the Case object to launch the Flow. I created the Visualforce page for this and it does what it should in preview mode, so great, good there. Now I want either to override the current NewCase button or create a new button using the Visualforce page (prefer to override as being the best approach since it will change the default button on all pages in Case or Contact records that need to go to the Flow script), but when I go to create the button or override the current button, when I click the Visualforce radio button and the dropdown next to it to select the Visualforce page --None-- is all that comes up, no listing for the Visualforce page. I can't seem to get past this so it connects the Visualflow page . Can anybody tell me the solution? Is it a permissions based issue? I am the Admin, and do have Development Mode checked on my User Details.  
I am working with a nonprofit developing a script in their case management system using Flow. This has worked very well, and I have been able to build a script that meets the demands of the Program Manager who runs their volunteer hotline. I do have some questions though that I cannot seem to find the answers to online. I have predominantly used picklists and multi-select picklists to capture the various answers to questions the volunteer hotline reps will be asking tenants that call in with questions, and the picklists and multi-selects map fine to the Case Object, but where I am having difficulty is with this, when I add a screen where I want to use a text field, text box, currency or number field from the Add a Field tab I do not see those materializing in the Case object custom fields list This is my first time using Flow, and I cannot seem to find answers anywhere online. Are there extra steps involved in connecting mapping these to the Case Object?

My second question is in the creation of a button to fire the script when creating a new case. Ideally I would like the hotline rep to be able to push a Create New Case button and in doing so be taken to the script so they can launch into the scripted questions, and go through the script to completion and save the case. Does anyone have a solution for this, and if so can someone help me out with solving this issue. 
I added some new values to the Standard fields called Priority and Status on the Case object. After saving the edit and returning to the Case layout I don't see those new values, only the default value. Not sure why this is happening. Anyone have any ideas?
I am working with a nonprofit developing a script in their case management system using Flow. This has worked very well, and I have been able to build a script that meets the demands of the Program Manager who runs their volunteer hotline. I do have some questions though that I cannot seem to find the answers to online. I have predominantly used picklists and multi-select picklists to capture the various answers to questions the volunteer hotline reps will be asking tenants that call in with questions, and the picklists and multi-selects map fine to the Case Object, but where I am having difficulty is with this, when I add a screen where I want to use a text field, text box, currency or number field from the Add a Field tab I do not see those materializing in the Case object custom fields list This is my first time using Flow, and I cannot seem to find answers anywhere online. Are there extra steps involved in connecting mapping these to the Case Object?

My second question is in the creation of a button to fire the script when creating a new case. Ideally I would like the hotline rep to be able to push a Create New Case button and in doing so be taken to the script so they can launch into the scripted questions, and go through the script to completion and save the case. Does anyone have a solution for this, and if so can someone help me out with solving this issue.