• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello everyone,

The SalesForce REST API doc is unclear about the usage of APIs to insert and update records in OpportunityLineItem. The standard fields in OLI include OpportunityId and Product2Id both of which I'm populating by retrieving the appropriate SalesForce IDs. I receive this error: INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY when I try to insert a record at this URI: /sobjects/OpportunityLineItem/.

Going through the flow: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/sforce_api_erd_products.htm#topic-title, I'm assuming this (and also the cross-reference error) means that there is no direct relationship between OLI and Products.

Firstly, why is there a Product2Id field if the relationship doesn't exist?
Secondly, is the URI I'm using incorrect? If so, what is the correct one?
Thirdly, can this problem be solved using APIs at all?

Maybe I'm going about this in a completely inefficient manner. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Hello everyone,

The SalesForce REST API doc is unclear about the usage of APIs to insert and update records in OpportunityLineItem. The standard fields in OLI include OpportunityId and Product2Id both of which I'm populating by retrieving the appropriate SalesForce IDs. I receive this error: INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY when I try to insert a record at this URI: /sobjects/OpportunityLineItem/.

Going through the flow: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/sforce_api_erd_products.htm#topic-title, I'm assuming this (and also the cross-reference error) means that there is no direct relationship between OLI and Products.

Firstly, why is there a Product2Id field if the relationship doesn't exist?
Secondly, is the URI I'm using incorrect? If so, what is the correct one?
Thirdly, can this problem be solved using APIs at all?

Maybe I'm going about this in a completely inefficient manner. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.