• 95 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello, my understanding is that standard salesforce email notifications, like account owner change or approval request email are in the language of the user if language is fully supported. We have an.approval process on opportunity and expect the approver to receive this standard email notification in spanish as his language is spanish but the email is always in english. Is this normal? Any other solution than development to make this work? Thanks
Hello, in lightning, whether I log in as a system admin or standard user, when I go the calndar tab and click "add share calendar" from "other calendars" I can select all users, even if though they have not shared their calendar with me?
Is it possible to restrict this and to only be able to select users who have shared their calendar with me? thanks
Hi, I need to update the field "location" (picklist) on the master object based on the value in the field "location" (picklist) on a child object
Basically, here is what I want:
 if field "location" on child object contains a value and the status (picklist) of the child object= active, then I want to update the location field (picklist) on the master object if this field is blank.

I guess I need to use a process builder to do this as worklow will not work but I am stuck:
1. when saying ISPICKVAL (Status, "Active") in my conditions
2. when defining the condition "location" field is blank on the field to update.
both pbls related to picklist field
Can somebody help me with this? Many thanks, claire
Hello,

has anyone tried to implement Lightning sync for google (beta) as presented in winter release?
I did using the instructions posted in SF help: 
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=lightning_sync_admin_google_prep_google.htm&type=0&language=en_US
but when I reach this step:
Authorize read-only calendar scope for the service account by entering the service account Client ID (also known as Client name) you generated in Google API Console. Enter the scope:https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar.readonly
I get an error message saying "the client name has not been registered with google yet"
Can anybody help? Is there maybe a video or tutorial available showing how to do this sync step by step? Thanks, claire 
Hi, when i click on my contact tab, the interface displays in the topright corner the following buttons:
new
import
add to campaign

can anyone tell if possible to hide the "import" and "add to campaign" and how?

Thanks!

Hi, can somebody help with a WF rule and field update that would ensure that the phone number shows up as above?
many thanks in advance, claire
Hi, I have a validation rule for the phone number to be 10 characters as follows xx xx xx xx xx
To make things quicker and easier for the users, I would like to replace my validation rule by a workflow rule, so I defined that, if the field "MobilePhone", which is phone format, is not empty, then the field should be updated using the following formula:
REGEX(  MobilePhone  , "[0-9]{2} [0-9]{2} [0-9]{2} [0-9]{2} [0-9]{2}")

I get the following error message: formula result is data type(Boolean) not compatible with the expected data type (Texte)

Can somebody help to make this worklfow field update work? Thanks!
Can somebody help with a formula field called "status" as follows

if field "requested" is ticked, then "status"  equals "ongoing"
if field "date approved" contains a date, then "status" equals "approved"
if field "date rejected" contains a date, then the "status" equals "rejected"

many thanks!

I'd like to know if I can update fields on achild object with the process builder in following case:
1. my master object = "contact"
2. my child object= "relationship"
3. principal detail field on "relationship" object= "contact name"
4. lookup field on "relationship object"= "in relationship with"
5.phone number related to value showing up in "in relationship with" is already updated by a process when record is created

concretely: 
to add contact A as a relationship to contact B, I populate the field "in relationship with" in my "relationship" object with the name of contact A. When I save, the phone number field reflects contact A's phone by process.

Now, If I change on contact tab the phone number of contact A, I would like it to be also updated also in my relationship object.
I created the follwing process for that but it does not work. Any suggestion is welcome

1. start from "contat" object when record is created or updated
2. following formula evaluates to true: ISCHANGED([Contact].Phone )
3. update records on "relationship" object upon following condition: field "in relationship with" equals reference [Contact].ID
4. Field "phone number" in relationship object to be updated with value in field phone on contact tab: phone number reference [Contact].Phone

thanks!
Dear all

I have an object called "relationships" in which I can select via a lookup field named "in_relation_with" the name of an existing contact to show up as the relationship.
Once the contact has been selected and shows up in the field named"in_relation_with", I would like the two fields called:"phone" and "email" on my relationship object to autpopulate using the corresponding data captured in the fields "phone" and "email" on the contact tab.
To my knowledge, this is a dynamic process and cannot be automated by point and click?
Can anybdy help me solve this ?
Thanks
I created a number field to insert the social security number. When i finish typing my 13 digit number, it appears like this:
1 111 111 111 111
Question1: why is it appearinglike this even though I did notenter any space between the digits
Question 2: is there a way to ensure with a field update that the number reads as follows: 1 11 11 11 111 111, or do I have to use a validation rule with regex?
Thanks!
Hi, Can somebody help with the following rule, which triggers when the field is empty even though it should not (that is why I used the OR function but something seems to be wrong with the formula:

AND (
OR(
 ISBLANK( Website ), 
AND(
   RIGHT(  Website , 4) <> ".COM",
   RIGHT( Website, 4) <> ".com",
   RIGHT( Website, 3) <> ".FR",
   RIGHT( Website, 3) <> ".fr",
   RIGHT( Website, 4) <> ".NET",
   RIGHT( Website, 4) <> ".net",
   RIGHT( Website, 4) <> ".org",
   RIGHT( Website, 4) <> ".ORG"
)))
I have created a report with the following conditions to see all opportunities for parent & child when accessing account and clicking link in formula field:
parent accound id equals ""
OR account id equals ""

and the following formula field:
HYPERLINK ('/00O58000002crV0?pv0=' + Id , 'Open Report')

When I go to an account, and check the link, only the first condition shows the corresponding id, while second condition remains empty...
Can anybody help by amending existing formula or suggest another/better way of accessing all opportunities linked to account & children from the parent account on account tab? Many thanks
I have created a report with the following conditions to see all opportunities for parent & child when accessing account and clicking link in formula field:
OR account id equals ""

When I go to an account, and check the link, only the first condition shows the corresponding id, while second condition remains empty...
Can anybody help by amending existing formula or suggest another/better way of accessing all opportunities linked to account & children from the parent account on account tab? Many thanks
Hi there,

I got following error on this Maintenance Cert Badge.

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
Couldn’t find 'Find Contacts' with the correct information. Please double check the instructions.

Did you pass it?
What's wrong with my flow.
User-added image

Thanks in advance
Regards,
LinThaw
I had my actual Gmail on Webassessor.com. I am doing Trailhead using Myname@companyname.com(not Actual email just a login name). But I verified Myname@companyname.com account using actual Gmail id(Which  I use on Webassessor).  So, I have question

1. Whatever I will complete on  Myname@companyname.com trailhead then It must show on my webassessor account then What I have to do.
2. Before using Myname@companyname account, I had done many badges using an old Email address which is not exist so can I merge that account on here.
Hello,

has anyone tried to implement Lightning sync for google (beta) as presented in winter release?
I did using the instructions posted in SF help: 
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=lightning_sync_admin_google_prep_google.htm&type=0&language=en_US
but when I reach this step:
Authorize read-only calendar scope for the service account by entering the service account Client ID (also known as Client name) you generated in Google API Console. Enter the scope:https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar.readonly
I get an error message saying "the client name has not been registered with google yet"
Can anybody help? Is there maybe a video or tutorial available showing how to do this sync step by step? Thanks, claire 
Hi, when i click on my contact tab, the interface displays in the topright corner the following buttons:
new
import
add to campaign

can anyone tell if possible to hide the "import" and "add to campaign" and how?

Thanks!

Hi, can somebody help with a WF rule and field update that would ensure that the phone number shows up as above?
many thanks in advance, claire
Hi, I have a validation rule for the phone number to be 10 characters as follows xx xx xx xx xx
To make things quicker and easier for the users, I would like to replace my validation rule by a workflow rule, so I defined that, if the field "MobilePhone", which is phone format, is not empty, then the field should be updated using the following formula:
REGEX(  MobilePhone  , "[0-9]{2} [0-9]{2} [0-9]{2} [0-9]{2} [0-9]{2}")

I get the following error message: formula result is data type(Boolean) not compatible with the expected data type (Texte)

Can somebody help to make this worklfow field update work? Thanks!
Can somebody help with a formula field called "status" as follows

if field "requested" is ticked, then "status"  equals "ongoing"
if field "date approved" contains a date, then "status" equals "approved"
if field "date rejected" contains a date, then the "status" equals "rejected"

many thanks!

I'd like to know if I can update fields on achild object with the process builder in following case:
1. my master object = "contact"
2. my child object= "relationship"
3. principal detail field on "relationship" object= "contact name"
4. lookup field on "relationship object"= "in relationship with"
5.phone number related to value showing up in "in relationship with" is already updated by a process when record is created

concretely: 
to add contact A as a relationship to contact B, I populate the field "in relationship with" in my "relationship" object with the name of contact A. When I save, the phone number field reflects contact A's phone by process.

Now, If I change on contact tab the phone number of contact A, I would like it to be also updated also in my relationship object.
I created the follwing process for that but it does not work. Any suggestion is welcome

1. start from "contat" object when record is created or updated
2. following formula evaluates to true: ISCHANGED([Contact].Phone )
3. update records on "relationship" object upon following condition: field "in relationship with" equals reference [Contact].ID
4. Field "phone number" in relationship object to be updated with value in field phone on contact tab: phone number reference [Contact].Phone

thanks!
Dear all

I have an object called "relationships" in which I can select via a lookup field named "in_relation_with" the name of an existing contact to show up as the relationship.
Once the contact has been selected and shows up in the field named"in_relation_with", I would like the two fields called:"phone" and "email" on my relationship object to autpopulate using the corresponding data captured in the fields "phone" and "email" on the contact tab.
To my knowledge, this is a dynamic process and cannot be automated by point and click?
Can anybdy help me solve this ?
Thanks
I created a number field to insert the social security number. When i finish typing my 13 digit number, it appears like this:
1 111 111 111 111
Question1: why is it appearinglike this even though I did notenter any space between the digits
Question 2: is there a way to ensure with a field update that the number reads as follows: 1 11 11 11 111 111, or do I have to use a validation rule with regex?
Thanks!
Hi, Can somebody help with the following rule, which triggers when the field is empty even though it should not (that is why I used the OR function but something seems to be wrong with the formula:

AND (
OR(
 ISBLANK( Website ), 
AND(
   RIGHT(  Website , 4) <> ".COM",
   RIGHT( Website, 4) <> ".com",
   RIGHT( Website, 3) <> ".FR",
   RIGHT( Website, 3) <> ".fr",
   RIGHT( Website, 4) <> ".NET",
   RIGHT( Website, 4) <> ".net",
   RIGHT( Website, 4) <> ".org",
   RIGHT( Website, 4) <> ".ORG"
)))
OR account id equals ""