• Member since 2016
  • Consultant

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have built the reports and dashboards as outlined in the requirements, but I'm getting the following error "Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: Couldn't find a component with the title 'My Top Accounts'."  
User-added image

However, I have the component on the dashboard as you can see below.
User-added image
What am I missing?
Actually I am facing below error in challange 8 

Challenge Not yet complete... her's  what's wrong: Each article record type must contain the Question, Answer, and Record Type fields. Knowledge users must have the ability to select a record type when creating or editing articles.

NB: I have already created 3 resord types and also assing pagtlaouts with those,but still getting this error.

Please can you help me out to resolve this
Hi,

I have an issue with the Formulas and Validations trailhead module. I created the formula field as described in the challenge and it does give the correct value (atleast as per my understading). The formula is to calculate the no of days between the last activity date on the account associated with the case and today's date. So if the account associated with the case was last modified on 4/13/2016 and today is the 5/3/2016, so the difference comes to be 20 using the formula [ (Today() - DATEVALUE(Account.LastModifiedDate)) ]. But the challenge checker does not validate this result successfully. I also tried increasing and descreasing the value by 1 to account for exclusion of either the start date or end date and then again decremet 2 to exclude both dates, but nothing seems to satisfy the challenge. Am I doing something wrong here?

Please advise.

There are issues in compiling the project in Android Studio 2.3.3.
1. AndroidManifest.xml has issues as per attached screenshot. I was not having any icons folders in res folder so I copied from other locations but now getting these errors of invalid character.

2. I could see multiple AndroidManifest files in my whole project tree. I have copied one from  ...platform/android directory to root.

Please help if you have already completed this step. I am really frustrated now spending many days but no luck till now. 

ndroidManifest.xml having issues

Thanks 
Yogesh

I have tried in different new orgs but it looks like there is bug in this. Anyone passed this challenge?

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: LBUPDEMW
Hi All,

I saw a strange behaviour when I switch to Lightning in Steelbrick CPQ.

From Opportunity I am able to Create Quote and Navaigate to Quote and Also able to Save and Email the Quote:
User-added image
User-added image
User-added image
But while using Lightning I am able to go till this page but once I click 'Save and Email' it returns a black page and doesn't trigger any mail.
Rest all features- Priview, Save etc are working in lightning except this.

User-added image

Any suggestion why it is not working? I know lightning doesn't  support quote but as Steelbrick is lightning ready and rest of the things are working I believe that there is some problem at my side.
Hi All,

What is the use of Background Jobs? It looks like a log of asynchrous tasks in Salesforce but doesn't provide any other details like Schedule Apex logs.
For example I see many entries in Background Job:

Content Feed Item Migration Job
Duplicate Error Log Sweeper
Cleanup of custom field data when a custom field definition is hard deleted

I don't know for what these entries are created or what triggered them (any class or scheduler etc).

Thanks,
Yogesh

Can anyone please mention the exact steps we need to follow to complete Step #8?
I tried several times even doing manual data entry but still no luck. Struggling from 2 days to complete this.

Please make sure you upload all of the Explorers from the spreadsheet.

I have all contacts (explorers) splitting Firstname and Lastname. I am sure there must be something wrong as I never struggled this much in any other challenges in completing 3 superbadges.
User-added image
I'm very frustrated now please suggest those who have completed this step.

I tried several times in last 2 days but it is really testing my patience now.

The 'Lightning Hobbies by Contact' report does not appear to have either the correct report type or (most likely) the correct columns.

I started with different type of reports but never saw Full Name of contact so I have created a Formula field at Contact as Full Name.

Now When I am creating report as custom (as required in challenge) I don't see option to summarise by Account and then Contact.

I have navigated thru:

User-added image
How my report looks like:
User-added image

Any idea how to summarize it first as Account??

Hi All,

I am in middle of a trailhead challenge related to Security.
I had created 3 profiles cloning the profile with Salesforce license but I am unable to assign users to them as names doesn't appear with the available license type on user creation page.
Any idea how to create 3 profiles cloning the profile which has all object level access and I would be able to assign users to that.

Hi All,

I can achieve this using visualforce page but was looking for a solution using flow designer.

Regards,
Yogesh

I have followed the guidelines to generate key and encrypted password and updated in conf file but still I am getting below error.

I know there must be something wrong because when I try to decrypt using command >>encrypt -v encrypted_password key 

I get error message:

C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\bin>encrypt -v 3a7d1f7fba4ac8d
ee4c39412fb0ae9a3 2a31d4a55b07acfc
2016-05-30 14:49:11,191 ERROR [main] security.EncryptionUtil main (EncryptionUti
l.java:336) - Error decrypting string: 3a7d1f7fba4ac8dee4c39412fb0ae9a3, error:
Given final block not properly padded
C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\bin>
While using process command error message is as below:
C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\bin>process "C:\Program Files
(x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\samples\conf" accountMasterProcess
2016-05-30 14:19:39,663 INFO  [main] controller.Controller initLog (Controller.j
ava:382) - Reading log-conf.xml in C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Lo
ader\bin\log-conf.xml
2016-05-30 14:19:39,683 INFO  [main] controller.Controller initLog (Controller.j
ava:391) - The log has been initialized
2016-05-30 14:19:39,683 INFO  [main] process.ProcessConfig getBeanFactory (Proce
ssConfig.java:104) - Loading process configuration from config file: C:\Program
Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\samples\conf\process-conf.xml
2016-05-30 14:19:39,754 DEBUG [main] env.AbstractEnvironment <init> (AbstractEnv
ironment.java:114) - Initializing new StandardEnvironment
2016-05-30 14:19:39,764 DEBUG [main] env.MutablePropertySources addLast (Mutable
PropertySources.java:103) - Adding [systemProperties] PropertySource with lowest
 search precedence
2016-05-30 14:19:39,764 DEBUG [main] env.MutablePropertySources addLast (Mutable
PropertySources.java:103) - Adding [systemEnvironment] PropertySource with lowes
t search precedence
2016-05-30 14:19:39,764 DEBUG [main] env.AbstractEnvironment <init> (AbstractEnv
ironment.java:120) - Initialized StandardEnvironment with PropertySources [syste
mProperties,systemEnvironment]
2016-05-30 14:19:39,764 INFO  [main] support.AbstractApplicationContext prepareR
efresh (AbstractApplicationContext.java:495) - Refreshing org.springframework.co
ntext.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext@1a8dfcc: startup date [Mon May 30
14:19:39 IST 2016]; root of context hierarchy
2016-05-30 14:19:39,814 DEBUG [main] env.AbstractEnvironment <init> (AbstractEnv
2016-05-30 14:19:39,814 DEBUG [main] env.MutablePropertySources addLast (Mutable
PropertySources.java:103) - Adding [systemProperties] PropertySource with lowest
 search precedence
2016-05-30 14:19:39,814 DEBUG [main] env.MutablePropertySources addLast (Mutable
PropertySources.java:103) - Adding [systemEnvironment] PropertySource with lowes
t search precedence
2016-05-30 14:19:39,814 DEBUG [main] env.AbstractEnvironment <init> (AbstractEnv
ironment.java:120) - Initialized StandardEnvironment with PropertySources [syste
2016-05-30 14:19:39,824 DEBUG [main] env.AbstractEnvironment <init> (AbstractEnv
2016-05-30 14:19:39,824 DEBUG [main] env.MutablePropertySources addLast (Mutable
 search precedence
2016-05-30 14:19:39,824 DEBUG [main] env.MutablePropertySources addLast (Mutable
t search precedence
2016-05-30 14:19:39,824 DEBUG [main] env.AbstractEnvironment <init> (AbstractEnv
2016-05-30 14:19:39,834 INFO  [main] xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader loadBeanDefinit
ions (XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:315) - Loading XML bean definitions from file
 [C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\samples\conf\process-conf.xm
l]
2016-05-30 14:19:39,844 DEBUG [main] xml.DefaultDocumentLoader loadDocument (Def
aultDocumentLoader.java:72) - Using JAXP provider [com.sun.org.apache.xerces.int
ernal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl]
2016-05-30 14:19:39,844 DEBUG [main] xml.BeansDtdResolver resolveEntity (BeansDt
dResolver.java:73) - Found beans DTD [http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-
beans.dtd] in classpath: spring-beans.dtd
2016-05-30 14:19:39,854 DEBUG [main] xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader reg
isterBeanDefinitions (DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:108) - Loading be
an definitions
2016-05-30 14:19:39,945 DEBUG [main] support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader loadBe
anDefinitions (AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:216) - Loaded 4 bean definition
s from location pattern [C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\sampl
es\conf\process-conf.xml]
2016-05-30 14:19:39,945 DEBUG [main] support.AbstractApplicationContext obtainFr
eshBeanFactory (AbstractApplicationContext.java:525) - Bean factory for org.spri
ngframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext@1a8dfcc: org.springf
ramework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@f71333: defining beans
 [accountMasterProcess,opportunityUpsertProcess,databaseAccountExtractProcess,cs
vAccountExtractProcess]; root of factory hierarchy
2016-05-30 14:19:39,987 DEBUG [main] support.AbstractApplicationContext initMess
ageSource (AbstractApplicationContext.java:794) - Unable to locate MessageSource
 with name 'messageSource': using default [org.springframework.context.support.D
elegatingMessageSource@9d9c55]
2016-05-30 14:19:39,987 DEBUG [main] support.AbstractApplicationContext initAppl
icationEventMulticaster (AbstractApplicationContext.java:818) - Unable to locate
 ApplicationEventMulticaster with name 'applicationEventMulticaster': using defa
ult [org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster@e6e9c3]

2016-05-30 14:19:39,987 INFO  [main] support.DefaultListableBeanFactory preInsta
ntiateSingletons (DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:557) - Pre-instantiating singl
etons in org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@f7
1333: defining beans [accountMasterProcess,opportunityUpsertProcess,databaseAcco
untExtractProcess,csvAccountExtractProcess]; root of factory hierarchy
2016-05-30 14:19:39,997 DEBUG [main] support.AbstractApplicationContext initLife
cycleProcessor (AbstractApplicationContext.java:845) - Unable to locate Lifecycl
eProcessor with name 'lifecycleProcessor': using default [org.springframework.co
ntext.support.DefaultLifecycleProcessor@18ad742]
2016-05-30 14:19:39,997 DEBUG [main] support.AbstractBeanFactory doGetBean (Abst
ractBeanFactory.java:245) - Returning cached instance of singleton bean 'lifecyc
leProcessor'
2016-05-30 14:19:39,997 DEBUG [main] support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory
createBean (AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:430) - Creating instance of
bean 'accountMasterProcess'
2016-05-30 14:19:40,047 DEBUG [main] support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory
invokeInitMethods (AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1498) - Invoking afte
rPropertiesSet() on bean with name 'accountMasterProcess'
2016-05-30 14:19:40,047 DEBUG [main] support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory
createBean (AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:458) - Finished creating ins
tance of bean 'accountMasterProcess'
2016-05-30 14:19:40,057 DEBUG [accountMasterProcess] controller.Controller initC
onfig (Controller.java:313) - config dir: C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\
Data Loader\samples\conf
2016-05-30 14:19:40,057 INFO  [accountMasterProcess] controller.Controller initC
onfig (Controller.java:327) - config dir created at C:\Program Files (x86)\sales
force.com\Data Loader\samples\conf
2016-05-30 14:19:40,077 INFO  [accountMasterProcess] controller.Controller initC
onfig (Controller.java:355) - The controller config has been initialized
2016-05-30 14:19:40,087 INFO  [accountMasterProcess] process.ProcessRunner run (
ProcessRunner.java:116) - Initializing process engine
2016-05-30 14:19:40,087 INFO  [accountMasterProcess] process.ProcessRunner run (
ProcessRunner.java:119) - Loading parameters
2016-05-30 14:19:40,851 ERROR [accountMasterProcess] config.Config decryptProper
ty (Config.java:737) - Error loading parameter: sfdc.password of type: java.lang
.String
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "pw"
        at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Integer.valueOf(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Integer.decode(Unknown Source)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.security.EncryptionUtil.textToBytes(Encrypt
ionUtil.java:71)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.security.EncryptionUtil.decryptString(Encry
ptionUtil.java:207)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.config.Config.decryptProperty(Config.java:7
23)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.config.Config.postLoad(Config.java:675)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.config.Config.loadParameterOverrides(Config
.java:701)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.run(ProcessRunner.jav
a:120)
a:100)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.main(ProcessRunner.ja
va:253)
2016-05-30 14:19:40,851 FATAL [main] process.ProcessRunner topLevelError (Proces
sRunner.java:238) - Unable to run process accountMasterProcess
java.lang.RuntimeException: com.salesforce.dataloader.exception.ParameterLoadExc
eption: Error loading parameter: sfdc.password of type: java.lang.String
a:162)
a:100)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.main(ProcessRunner.ja
va:253)
Caused by: com.salesforce.dataloader.exception.ParameterLoadException: Error loa
ding parameter: sfdc.password of type: java.lang.String
38)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.config.Config.postLoad(Config.java:675)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.config.Config.loadParameterOverrides(Config
.java:701)
a:120)
        ... 2 more
Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "pw"
        at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Integer.valueOf(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Integer.decode(Unknown Source)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.security.EncryptionUtil.textToBytes(Encrypt
ionUtil.java:71)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.security.EncryptionUtil.decryptString(Encry
ptionUtil.java:207)
23)
        ... 5 more

Can somebody explain what are the scenarios for both and how to implement them:
1. Calling controller method from JavaScript
2. Calling Javascript Function from controller
trigger InvoiceSum on Invoice_Items__c (after insert, after update)
    {
     Set<Id> InvIds = new Set<Id>();   
     for(Invoice_Items__c ii :trigger.new)
     { InvIds.add(ii.InvoiceFK__c); }

List<Invoice__c> InvRecs = [Select id, Ammount__c from Invoice__c where id in : InvIds ];

for(Invoice__c inv : InvRecs)
        {
          //inv.Ammount__c= [Select sum(Invoice_items__r.Amount__c) from Invoice_Items__c ];
           Decimal total=0;
        //   for (Invoice_items__c iit: inc.Invoice_items__c)
          inv.Ammount__c =inv.Invoice_items__r.Amount__c;
            update inv;
        }

}
Invoice__c is parent object and Invoice_item__c is child, I have to sum the all line items amount and display on Invoice__c record. Please help.
Create a Visualforce page without the standard Salesforce header and display an image using the Visualforce image component.
1.The page must be named 'DisplayImage'.
2.It must NOT display the standard Salesforce header.
3.It must use a Visualforce apex:image component to display this image - https://developer.salesforce.com/files/salesforce-developer-network-logo.png

<apex:page showHeader="false" controller="DisplayImage">  
    <apex:pageBlock>
        <apex:image  url="developer.salesforce.com/files/salesforce-developer-network-logo.png"/>
        </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

Name should be '{Company Name} - {Last Name}'. These are the screen fields.
I am creating a formula like:
{!Company_Name}-{!Last_Name}
 But no luck.

Hi All,

I am in middle of a trailhead challenge related to Security.
I had created 3 profiles cloning the profile with Salesforce license but I am unable to assign users to them as names doesn't appear with the available license type on user creation page.
Any idea how to create 3 profiles cloning the profile which has all object level access and I would be able to assign users to that.

Create a Visualforce page without the standard Salesforce header and display an image using the Visualforce image component.
1.The page must be named 'DisplayImage'.
2.It must NOT display the standard Salesforce header.
3.It must use a Visualforce apex:image component to display this image - https://developer.salesforce.com/files/salesforce-developer-network-logo.png

<apex:page showHeader="false" controller="DisplayImage">  
    <apex:pageBlock>
        <apex:image  url="developer.salesforce.com/files/salesforce-developer-network-logo.png"/>
        </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

hello everyone, i just started journey with salesforce ,
i want to do following programms in apex , help me to solve....
Factorial program
program to find HCF and LCM
program to convert decimal to binary
program to find nCr and nPr
program to add n numbers
Swap numbers program
program to reverse a number
palindrome number program.

Hi all,

I have 3 list of account IDs (for 1 sObject is account, for other 2 they are child of account object).

@AuraEnabled public static List<Account_Reg__c> accNameRegList{get;set;}
 @AuraEnabled public static List<Account_Name__c> accNameList{get;set;}
 @AuraEnabled public static List<Account> accList{get;set;}

I want to compare 3 list of IDs and the get the intersection of those 3 list.
But any of them can come empty also.
  • If 1st & 2nd list is not empty, take intersect of themand return the IDs
  • If 1st, 2nd & 3rd list is not empty take intersect of them and return the IDs
  • If  only one list is not empty , return that list of IDs.
Can you please help me out on this ?
Thanks in advance.
I have built the reports and dashboards as outlined in the requirements, but I'm getting the following error "Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: Couldn't find a component with the title 'My Top Accounts'."  
User-added image

However, I have the component on the dashboard as you can see below.
User-added image
What am I missing?
Finishing the last challenge of the picklist administration Trailhead Module results in an error message, I cannot solve - see screenshot. Any ideas? I promoted the field to a global picklist, created the new field based on the global value set as requested...

User-added image
Actually I am facing below error in challange 8 

Challenge Not yet complete... her's  what's wrong: Each article record type must contain the Question, Answer, and Record Type fields. Knowledge users must have the ability to select a record type when creating or editing articles.

NB: I have already created 3 resord types and also assing pagtlaouts with those,but still getting this error.

Please can you help me out to resolve this
I'm struggling with the custom lightning component on this part. I don't have much background coding and am having trouble finding resources to help me achieve coding the lightning component. If someone could help give me some framework code to create a custom lightning component to hold a URL or direct me to a resource that help break this down I'd be very appreciative.

I followed the instructions to create a macro, create a Case with subject "Design issue with mechanical rotor", and ran the Macro. The feed shows the email along with the text "The Macros Team is working on your case" in the email Body. Yet I get this message when I check the Challenge:
"Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The case with the subject 'Design issue with mechanical rotor' does not includes an email update in the case feed with the text 'The Macros Team is working on your case'. Make sure you run your macro on this case."

I even created a new Case with the correct Subject with the same results.

My Email Template has the following information:
Dear {!Contact.FirstName}, 

{!Case.Solution_Description} 

The Macros Team is working on your case 

Thank you, 

{!User.Name} 
{!Organization.Name} 

Your comment: 

{!Case.Description}
trigger InvoiceSum on Invoice_Items__c (after insert, after update)
    {
     Set<Id> InvIds = new Set<Id>();   
     for(Invoice_Items__c ii :trigger.new)
     { InvIds.add(ii.InvoiceFK__c); }

List<Invoice__c> InvRecs = [Select id, Ammount__c from Invoice__c where id in : InvIds ];

for(Invoice__c inv : InvRecs)
        {
          //inv.Ammount__c= [Select sum(Invoice_items__r.Amount__c) from Invoice_Items__c ];
           Decimal total=0;
        //   for (Invoice_items__c iit: inc.Invoice_items__c)
          inv.Ammount__c =inv.Invoice_items__r.Amount__c;
            update inv;
        }

}
Invoice__c is parent object and Invoice_item__c is child, I have to sum the all line items amount and display on Invoice__c record. Please help.
I'm pretty sure I have created a hybrid mobile app - but I still get this message 'Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: You haven't run and logged in from the 'TrailheadHybridTest' app.' I created a new Dev org and logged in to the app OK but Trailhead won't let me pass this challenge. 
Hi guys, 

I'm having a problem with the step 8 of the Lightning Superbadge, the error I get is :

"Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Please make sure you upload all of the Explorers from the spreadsheet."

But when I check all of my Explorer are in my Org, and I got 130 successes with DataLoader.io...
Did anyone had this problem before ? 

Thanks
Hello All,

Can you guys help me solve a problem or suggest any ideas?

Scenario:

-John Doe (contact)
-5 different users can access the contact
-Database has 5 different multi picklist field in Contact for each user so they can assign them based on group.
-Example: Adams Group, Janes Group, Mikes Group, Tonys Group, Master Group...  in contact layout
-Each group has different multipicklist information

Question 1;How can I combine all the groups into 1 field?
Fact: there's about 25 groups.  it will be hard to do it in formula

I've started dabling in Lightning Components and worked through a tutorial last year and have done one of the trailheads a few days.  So I know how to code basic Lightning components and apps.  And I see in the metadata that these become AuraDefinitionBundles.  I also so an example of some code where a bit of JS is added to an empty VF page and that always a Lightning Component to be spun up inside a VF page.

What I want to do is take an exist VF page that is exposed to the internet as a SF "Sites" application and port it to Lightning.  What I included in the prior paragaph leads me to believe the page is codable.  Here's what I don't know.  When a Sites application is configured, you have to tell it what it has access to-- VF pages, Apex controllers, objects and fields, etc.  I don't know how you would give it access to the Aura bundle.  (Unless it's totally implicit and you don't have to and it automatically gets acces.)

Can anyone address the question of how to configure and deploy Sites application that includes a VF page that spins up an Lightning Component?