• 5 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We were looking for a way to let users know when they were inadvertently creating an event which conflicted with another record. We couldn't find much so our latest blog post offers step-by-step instructions for warning users about date-range conflicts. We contrast using triggers vs using flows but I think triggers work best for this particular use case. ​

https://dayback.com/date-range-conflicts-salesforce/

Hope it helps!
Hi All,  We recently brought our schedule balancing app, DayBack, to Salesforce. DayBack is a JavaScript web app and bringing it to Salesforce was  intimidating--more learning a new culture than a new language--but it went really well and now DayBack works seamlessly with Salesforce and is Lightning and Mobile1 ready.

We've packaged up what we've learned in this process as an opensource Canvas App Starter Kit. This is the reasource I wish we'd had when we got started. It consolidates a lot of the docs and best practices from around the ecosystem and includes a simpler Hello World application more tuned to JS devs.

So if you have a web app you'd like to bring to the App Exchange, I hope this gives you a big head start. (Feedback MUCH appreciated.)

Starter Kit Splash Screen
Hi All,  We recently brought our schedule balancing app, DayBack, to Salesforce. DayBack is a JavaScript web app and bringing it to Salesforce was  intimidating--more learning a new culture than a new language--but it went really well and now DayBack works seamlessly with Salesforce and is Lightning and Mobile1 ready.

We've packaged up what we've learned in this process as an opensource Canvas App Starter Kit. This is the reasource I wish we'd had when we got started. It consolidates a lot of the docs and best practices from around the ecosystem and includes a simpler Hello World application more tuned to JS devs.

So if you have a web app you'd like to bring to the App Exchange, I hope this gives you a big head start. (Feedback MUCH appreciated.)

Starter Kit Splash Screen

I am playing with the translation workbench and a managed package.

It seems that you cannot rename the "Tab Name" and "Display Name" for a custom object when you install the package in an org where the translation workbench is enabled.

It works for any other field but not this one, the edit link is not displayed.

Is there a reason for this or did I miss something ?

Thanks