• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi Developer Community!

This is my first post here, so please let me know if I am missing anything.

I am very novice when it comes to development, but what I am looking to build seems possible, so it seems like a nice place to start.

I have a custom relationship field on my opportunity object that tracks the the channel partner associated with the opportunity (Channel_Partner__c).

I want a field on the account object that counts every time an opportunity has that account input.

For example, if three opportunities contained 'Jellyvision Labs" (account name) I would like the account Jellyvision labs to have a field that populates the number 3.

This way, we can track the number of opportunities a channel partner is assocated with without needing to run reporting.

Thanks in advance! I hope this is a great learning opportunity to get me into more Salesforce development work!

Best,

Brandon

Hi Developer Community!

This is my first post here, so please let me know if I am missing anything.

I am very novice when it comes to development, but what I am looking to build seems possible, so it seems like a nice place to start.

I have a custom relationship field on my opportunity object that tracks the the channel partner associated with the opportunity (Channel_Partner__c).

I want a field on the account object that counts every time an opportunity has that account input.

For example, if three opportunities contained 'Jellyvision Labs" (account name) I would like the account Jellyvision labs to have a field that populates the number 3.

This way, we can track the number of opportunities a channel partner is assocated with without needing to run reporting.

Thanks in advance! I hope this is a great learning opportunity to get me into more Salesforce development work!

Best,

Brandon