• 60 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
The problem is I cannot select anything in the required field, how do I add items to the required field so I don't get this message?
How do I edit the article? When I click edit, there is just the "summary" field, but no box for me to add instructions for the article. I'm having trouble adding articles with content to the knowledge base. All it shows is a blank field. Can someone help? I'll mark best answer.

Thanks

User-added image
I get an error "Cannot create apex class in an active organization" whenever I try to create one, even though developer mode isn't checked in the user information page. What's going on?
So lets say I have a billing name / shipping name on the account page, and I want to be able to copy the info from the billing name field to the shipping name field, and vie versa with a click of a button, so the user doesn't have to reenter everything, how can this be done?

Cliff:
Two forms on the account page, billing and shipping name
I need to copy billing name to shipping name, and vice versa
I need this done with a click of a button (there will be 2 buttons)

Any help is appreciated!

The below code is what one of the users gave me, but I don't know how to implement this.
Behavior: Execute JavaScript
    {!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/26.0/connection.js")} 

var c = new sforce.SObject("Account"); 
    c.id = "{!Account.Id}";
    result = sforce.connection.update([c]); 

window.location.reload();

So lets say I have a billing name / shipping name on the account page, and I want to be able to copy the info from the billing name field to the shipping name field, and vie versa with a click of a button, so the user doesn't have to reenter everything, how can this be done?

Cliff:

Any help is appreciated!

I'm trying to complete the chatter section on Trailhead, and I'm getting the error "Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
No feed post was found that linked to the Trailhead URL.", and this doesn't make sense because I clearly posted the URL multiple times.

The criteria: Using the standard poll and link Chatter actions, create two posts to engage with the Chatter user community.
Create a poll post. Ask your users to rate their experience with Chatter and ask for feedback in comments.
Create a link post. Share a link with other users to http://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead - the best learning tool for Salesforce out there!

User-added image
How do I edit the article? When I click edit, there is just the "summary" field, but no box for me to add instructions for the article. I'm having trouble adding articles with content to the knowledge base. All it shows is a blank field. Can someone help? I'll mark best answer.

Thanks

User-added image
User-added image
when i am clicking on product name it is working properly as a link. but when i try to click on batch no.in my lookup it is not working as link.so how can i achieve that.pls Help.
Hi,

I need to find the average booking per rep in a month via summary report. I know people must have achieved this somehow so I am banking on your expertise.

What I am looking for is to sum the expected revenue in the image below and divide that by number of users in the report. This should be very easy but I feel I have come across a wall and can't seem to find a way around it. Any help would be highly appreciated.

User-added image

Thanks,
Jalal
Hi All,

I am setting up service console. In the right side, I am displaying "Associated Account" with the case. Attached is the screenshot. Currently only below four fields are getting displayed -
  • Account Name
  • Rating
  • Employees
  • Annual Revenie
I would like to understand how can I can add more feilds from account object to be displayed here. Which page layout from Account object I need to update to add more fields? Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks.
User-added image
We have a custom object on the Account called Pricing. This object has a field called "Worked In State." 

When someone attempts to add a new record and save new pricing record, we need the following to happen:

1. Search other records already created for that Account within the Pricing Object to see if Worked In State entered matches other records
2. Prevent a Save if the states match as in this would create two records with GA, LA, etc...
3. If new, then send a case and create a task (This I can handle)

Thoughts?

Thank you!
Hi,

Scenario:
There are 3 fields in my object- first name, last name, full name. The full name suhould be lastname+first name and need to be unique and auto populated. If the uniqueness fails it should show the error message with out saving the record, The error message should be "full name already exist please check".

When ever the record is getting created, the full name is created by workflow rule if there is no same fullname already, the record will get created, but if the full name already exists it will give error and it is a standard error message(
Error: Invalid Data. 
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Duplicate value on record: tstt (Related field: full name)
how can I keep the custom error meassage I need??

Thanks in advance

While working with Auto Number I found that the system is skipping few numbers. I observed that if I try to save a record with one of the fields as an Auto Number and any error occurs while saving the record (say the mandatory field is missing/ duplicate value error), then the system simply skips the next number. e.g. I created one record with Auto Number as C-0001, while creating the second record I bumped into errors twice and on saving the same record the record was assigned with Auto Number as C-0004.

Issue with Auto Number 

Logically, a system should increment the Auto Number counter only after a successful transaction. Anyone has ever observed such a behavior? Any solution to take care of this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Shekhar Palwankar
Hello, it pains me to say this, but I think that despite being initially impressed and investing time/effort in learning SalesForce, I'm going to have to cut my losses and stop developing for it.  Honestly the community and momentum that it seems to have are awesome, but...

I have been working on a simple Lightning component, as I learnt the ropes, but the past week has been awful.  The code doesn't run consistently (yes I realise that could be my code's fault, but...) even the developer console won't load.  The inconsistent running of my code is impenetrable because there are no errors, it just, does nothing.

I suspect I could plow on, do what I've read like create a NEW developers account/setup, but I'm so loathed to do that, especially if the problem will just repeat.

Is it just me?  Is everybody else just dealing with stuff like this?

I don't mean to be negative and I would love to keep going with SF, if it were possible....
Hi all,

I have created a new Custom Object in Salesforce. This object has a lookup with the Account Object.

The problem is that in the RelatedList of this object in the Account Page, I see the standard field 'Created Date' with a Date Format.

Is it possibile to view this field with a DateTime Format ?

Thanks in advance.
I get an error "Cannot create apex class in an active organization" whenever I try to create one, even though developer mode isn't checked in the user information page. What's going on?

Cliff:

Any help is appreciated!

The below code is what one of the users gave me, but I don't know how to implement this.
Behavior: Execute JavaScript
    {!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/26.0/connection.js")} 

var c = new sforce.SObject("Account"); 
    c.id = "{!Account.Id}";
    result = sforce.connection.update([c]); 

window.location.reload();

Cliff:

Any help is appreciated!

Context: We have a custom object called Projects, which sinks to a system called Harvest. The projects have a child object called Time Entries, which stores start time, end time, and duration. Every night, Harvest syncs to these objects and adds new time entires. Every time entry lives on a parent Project. There are two Projects per client account, one for Client Relations, and the other for Development.

What I want: I want a roll up summary field on the Account object that sums the total Dev and CR time from the sum of time entries in the past twelve months. Unfortunately, it is my understanding that you cannot use the Today() formula on rollup summary objects.

I'm new to SFDC development but have been an admin for four years. My theoretical appraoch would be to have a trigger that runs every night on the Time Entries object and says is the date of the entry in the last 12 months, if so, check yes, if not, check no. Because the TODAY() formula will be running in the back end, I can then use that check box to create rollup summary fields and don't need to over complicate it. 

Problem: I've never written code. 

Any help here would be really really appreciated. We have a full sandbox, but no development resources currently, so I'm just trying to get started. 
Trying to finish the "Visualforce Basics" trail and I think I'm encountering a system error rather than a "me" error.

When I check the challenge I get this error: "No Apex class named 'NewCaseListController' was found" (http://screencast.com/t/AeGb37gjnod)

But I definitely created the class, it's definitely named 'NewCaseListController', and the page I wrote is definitely working correctly:
http://screencast.com/t/XJ1CjjYebwv and http://screencast.com/t/10aDrf5Vu

Can anyone else's eyeballs spot something I've done wrong here? I also tried logging out of everything completely and reconnecting, but still no luck...